Clear all

My Cross Canada Trip

17 Posts
8 Users
13 Likes
 MGV8
(@mgv8)
Topic starter

Here is a link to my Cross Canada trip.. 

https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/mgs-short-adventures-on-three.1521930/page-9

Sorry on that other web site we all love 🙂

I would love to write it up here but just too many pictures to up load and it took long enough as it was. Enjoy

Posted : December 14, 2023 6:26 pm
 MGV8
(@mgv8)
Topic starter

Give me a bit of time to figure out how it works here LOL.  Edited so it should show here now.  The editor and I have a work in progress, but not this one.. I gave him a bunch of stuff and I think he is doing a good job of fixing it up so it might make sense 🙂  Stay tuned 

Posted : December 14, 2023 6:34 pm
(@scott-h)

Quote from MGV8 on December 14, 2023, 11:34 pm

Give me a bit of time to figure out how it works here LOL.  Edited so it should show here now.  The editor and I have a work in progress, but not this one.. I gave him a bunch of stuff and I think he is doing a good job of fixing it up so it might make sense 🙂  Stay tuned 

Cool!  Will look forward to reading the article.  Your trip report on the "Canadian Summer Adventure" was a great read with all the pictures.  I was sure you were going to end up making a wrong turn in Newfoundland and end up in Iceland though.  😉

Hold my keyboard and watch this! 🙃

Posted : December 15, 2023 1:35 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)

Great,  one thing the print page allows is the reading, rereading, contemplating, mulling over the photos and story. Am looking forward to reading and rereading at leisure.

Thank you

Posted : December 15, 2023 3:09 am
 MGV8
(@mgv8)
Topic starter

OK. here are a few pictures. Hope you don't get tired of  Sidecar pictures in random spots across Canada

The start of the Trip on Highway 31a towards Kaslo. My local Beemer club was have their campout so it seemed like a good kick off to the trip
The Crowsnest pass, at Sparwood. They use these monsters to haul all the Coal sitting right there.
Into Southern Alberta 
Took a bit of a hike at Writing on Stone Provincial park. 
Started to fine some nice range roads 🙂 
Camped at Grasslands National park --- 
Washing off some of the local wildlife. Grasshoppers !!!
Almost went over to the Northwest Angle but then remembered I didn't bring my Passport 🙂 
The hight of land in Onterrible 
They make sure nothing too big uses this bridge 
This post was modified 3 days ago by MGV8

Posted : December 31, 2023 9:41 am
sheath reacted
 MGV8
(@mgv8)
Topic starter

And More 

The original plan was to ride up to James Bay. But the area was closed due to Forest Fires. I did the next best thing and met up with Bob from Newfoundland and we rode up to Nemaska in Northern Quebec.. 
A lot of lonely land up here even though we were not really that far North.. The Start of the Road is right at 50 degrees latitude. My house in Canoe is 51.3 Degrees. North Ha! 
Manic 5 Dam.. Someone poured a lot of concrete, my goodness 
New province, going in the back way 
Some more lonely camping, no campgrounds around here.
The Rock-- This was Grates Cove, Too late in the summer for ice bergs 
About as far East as you can drive in Canada -- Closer to Paris than I am to Toronto. WTH!  
My tenth Province of the trip 
Damn, I could really relate after 8 hours of cold rain. 
Back to my favourite part of the country  Saskatchewan

Posted : December 31, 2023 9:49 am
sheath reacted
 MGV8
(@mgv8)
Topic starter

And the last few I plucked from Hundreds. LOL 

The endless gravel range roads in Saskatchewan -- Not sure why I love this area, Kathy hates it. I think it has something to do with living my entire life in the mountains and when you get out on the prairies you get this huge sky and you can see for miles ( Kilometres ) Why I like to get up high as well. You get these huge vistas of the valleys below.

Camping in the Qu'Apeelle Valley -- Also a favourite spot, if I wasn't on a time schedule by now,  I would have stayed an extra day or two. 

About as close to Starbucks as I got all trip 🙂 

Back into the Foothills -- Fresh grade just for me lol8  

Banff National Park, Lake Minniwanka 

My old stomping grounds. Yoho National Park. As a kid I rode my bicycle into a head wind along this road.. Things haven't changed a lot in 60 years. 🙂 

Posted : December 31, 2023 10:07 am
sheath reacted
 Drew
(@andrew-baker)

Quote from MGV8 on December 31, 2023, 2:41 pm

OK. here are a few pictures. Hope you don't get tired of  Sidecar pictures in random spots across Canada

Not tired of them yet.  A bit envious maybe but not bored.

Posted : December 31, 2023 11:41 am
sheath reacted
(@metalcarver)

Looks like you're out there solo camping with the fuzzybears.  I remember seeing the cutest tan faced black bears leaning out to see who was passing by along the Nahanni Range road.  From every 4th or 5th tree.  It was kind of comical until my XR650L pounded my face into the dirt.  My brother woke me up about 20 minutes later.  He was a bit concerned.

Posted : December 31, 2023 1:11 pm
sheath reacted
(@ned)

It really was a pretty amazing trip.  Some of those pics represent a considerable effort in hiking up to the vantage point you used to frame the rig in the vast expansiveness of it all.  Kudos, friend.

Have owned 5 rigs but Rig #2 is my current one!

Posted : December 31, 2023 5:25 pm
sheath reacted
(@scott-h)

Thanks for taking the time to post this ride, and all the pictures.  Pretty epic, and inspiring!  Looking forward to see it in print.  Might have to get the article autographed by the author.  😉

Hold my keyboard and watch this! 🙃

Posted : January 1, 2024 5:42 am
(@brstr)

Living in Australia the only common insight I could have is that of vast distance. 

Everything else is different.

Glad you did the trip so I don't need to.

Thanks for the pics.

Started to read about the 3 wheeled Honda expedition.

In over their heads from the get go and did it anyway.

Spent some saddle time on an early 90cc 3 wheeler.

Fun but dangerous. I knew one boy who lost a foot by cartwheeling a 250 at speed.

The rear rim cut it almost off.

Sadly surgery while almost successful couldn't save it due to an infection.

Posted : January 1, 2024 12:08 pm
sheath reacted
 MGV8
(@mgv8)
Topic starter

Quote from Brstr on January 1, 2024, 5:08 pm

Living in Australia the only common insight I could have is that of vast distance. 

Everything else is different.

Glad you did the trip so I don't need to.

Thanks for the pics.

Started to read about the 3 wheeled Honda expedition.

In over their heads from the get go and did it anyway.

Spent some saddle time on an early 90cc 3 wheeler.

Fun but dangerous. I knew one boy who lost a foot by cartwheeling a 250 at speed.

The rear rim cut it almost off.

Sadly surgery while almost successful couldn't save it due to an infection.

OUCH!  

Posted : January 20, 2024 1:59 pm
sheath reacted
 MGV8
(@mgv8)
Topic starter

Loving the new Forum-- I went back and captions some of the Photos. I might be able to post a few more now that I don't have to go for a walk between each post. basic_smile  

Posted : April 24, 2024 10:58 am
sheath and DRONE reacted
(@prmurat1)

I have a question @MGV8: my wife and I are planning a trip from AZ to St Pierre & Miquelon and we were looking at going back to Quebec through Labrador. As we only have one month and it is a vacation not a marathon well take our Can Am Spyder and not a sidecar. From different maps/GPS etc. it looks like the Trans Labrador has a lot of unpaved sections (a nono with the Spyder) can you confirm it? Crazy truckers going as fast as they can too? Gas situation?

thank you!!

Posted : April 25, 2024 12:15 pm
sheath reacted
Page 1 / 2