Notifications
Clear all

Can't edit my own profile

16 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Why is it when I try to edit my own profile I get the message "Sorry. You are not allowed to access this page." from Word Press. I wrote the dang thing, I should be allowed to edit it!!

Posted : March 4, 2021 3:52 pm
(@Anonymous)

Tom, I went in and edited mine just now.  Word press had a update from 5.61 to 5.62 I did that too.  don't forget to save it also.

Dave USCA president

Posted : March 5, 2021 3:28 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

I'll try again. Not sure what 5.61 to 5.62 refers to. I'll get back to ya. (two minutes later...) Ok, I went to my profile and down in the left corner, it says "edit profile" in blue. I clicked there. Up pops a message that says- " Sorry. You are not allowed to access this page."

Posted : March 5, 2021 9:42 am
(@lloyd-jacobsen)

Out of curiosity I just attempted to edit mine and it worked fine!  Possibly need updates?

Posted : March 6, 2021 2:34 am
(@Anonymous)

Tom, the numbers were WordPress numbers like Windows 9 to Windows 10.  Vaccine 1 updated to 2.  Bill Gates has stock in 2 of the vaccines.

Posted : March 6, 2021 4:18 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

OK, I guess I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I'll see if I can update, if not, I'll be back asking more questions. Thanks guys.

Posted : March 6, 2021 10:46 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Nope. Still not allowed to access the page. Oh well.

Posted : March 6, 2021 11:00 am
(@dholaday2)

I can't update the Pie information -- city state member # -- in my profile. Why Not? 

And I can't understand anything about updating wordpress. That sounds like something the site administrators should be doing.

frustrating.

Duncan

Posted : May 1, 2021 5:11 am
(@al-olme2)

For some reason I don't understand, some people can update their profiles and some can't.  I can eliminate Pie Register but then everyone will need to register again and all current posts MAY show up as written by "Guest".

And by the way, as the current administrator, I quit.

A

Posted : May 2, 2021 10:40 am
(@joe-norris)

I am having this same problem.  It won't let me upload a profile photo/avatar, and i get the "you're not allowed" message on just about everything I do.  Not sure what's up!

Posted : November 23, 2021 6:40 am
(@reardan-tom)

Hope you get some resolution Joe. When I see any of my older posts now, it calls me "deleted user". I don't take that as a compliment. Lots of history gone. And I'm not the only "deleted user." Dave S. is also. (Not even going to attempt to spell his last name but he is the former prez of the club.)

Posted : November 28, 2021 1:42 pm
(@brisco)

Did anyone ever figure out the issue with not being able to add USCA # and a profile pic? I can't add either.

Posted : July 10, 2022 3:53 pm
(@ned)

At the Annual Meeting in Hotchkiss last week, we all met the new Forum Admin who was just hired -- a real pro.  I spoke with him and he's aware of the issues with Profiles.  However, there are a whole bunch of issues, both with the forum and with the website, that he wants to address and for some of the issues you have to first fix five other things before you can fix the first thing.  So, basically, it's a long process not an overnight fix. 

But happily we now have someone working behind the scenes who understands the coding and can puzzle out solutions to these issues.

[My issue is I can edit my Profile but I'm "not allowed" to upload a pic to use as my avatar!]

Have owned 5 rigs but Rig #2 is my current one!

Posted : July 21, 2022 7:37 am
(@webmaster)
Admin

Lurking...

Jerry
I fly (and ride) to free my mind from the tyranny of petty things. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Posted : July 22, 2022 8:14 am
(@just-dave)

Drone I like your profile pic.  

Dave

Posted : July 22, 2022 1:45 pm
Page 1 / 2