41 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
(@aceinsav)
Topic starter

USCA 45th National Rally 2024   IUKA, MISSISSIPPI

Rambling Southern Style

J P Coleman State Park in Mississippi. 613 County Rd, Iuka, MS 38857 

LODGING AT THE PARK:    Reservations | JP Coleman State Park (mdwfp.com)

Start making your reservations at the park as soon as possible, this is a popular area, and the park will fill up FAST. 

Dates:  06/06 thru 06/09  2024

Rally host: Ace & Monica, Campsite 24

PETS: for those of us that travel with our furry friends the rules are, they don't allow them in the cabins or rooms, pets are allowed in the campgrounds and will be allowed in the meeting room as long as they are on a leash

Daily entrance Fee: If you are staying in the park there is no entrance fee during your stay.  If you are not able to lodge in the park itself there is a 2.00 per person per day fee, the fee is good for all day no matter how many times you leave and re-enter the park.

ADDITIONAL LODGING OPTIONS:

RV Parks

1}  Goat Island RV Park 109 County Road 346 Iuka, MS  662-423-1104

The Goat Island Campground | Tennessee River Valley (tennesseerivervalleygeotourism.org)

2}  Mill Creek Marina  313 County Road 242  Iuka, MS  662-423-9801

(They have 2 RV spots for short term rental. Reservations can be made beginning Jan 1st, 2024)

3}  Pickwick Landing State Park (18 miles from JP Coleman State Park) 116 State Park Lane Counce, TN  1-888-867-2757

CAMPING: Campsite Reservations | Pickwick Landing State Park, TN (tnstateparks.com)

CABINS: Cabin Reservations | Pickwick Landing State Park, TN (tnstateparks.com)

LODGE ROOMS: Lodge at Pickwick Landing in Tennessee State Parks — Tennessee State Parks (tnstateparks.com)

4}  Tishomingo State Park (26 miles from JP Coleman State Park)  105 County Road 90  Tishomingo, MS  662-423-6914

CAMPING: Camping Reservations | Tishomingo State Park (mdwfp.com)

CABINS OR COTTAGE: Cabin Reservations | Tishomingo State Park (mdwfp.com)

HOTELS:

1}  Heritage Place Hotel  Iuka, MS  662-424-8058

This newly renovated hotel just opened for business approx July 10, 2023.  A website is not available at this time.  The owner is also rebuilding the Victorian Inn in Iuka from the ground up into another Heritage Hotel. It is projected to be ready September 2023. We will update.

2}  Hampton Inn Corinth  2107 Hwy 72 West  Corinth, MS  662-286-5949

Corinth, MS Hotels - Hampton Inn Hotel Off Hwy 72 (hilton.com)

3}  Hampton Inn Pickwick Dam – At Shiloh Falls  90 Old South Rd  Counce, TN  731-689-3031

Hampton Inn Hotel in Counce, TN at Shiloh Falls (hilton.com)

4}  Cold Water Inn  712 US Hwy 72  Tuscumbia, AL  256-383-6844

Contact - ColdWater Inn

5}  Best Western Plus  13770 Hwy 43  Russellville, AL  256-332-1002 or 800-780-7234

Best Western Plus Russellville Hotel & Suites | Hotel Rooms

Stay tuned for more details

Posted : July 5, 2023 9:30 am
(@webmaster)
Admin

JP Coleman State Park

Google Map

Mississippi Wildlife, Fisheries, & Parks Website for JP Coleman SP

J.P. Coleman Lodging

Jerry
I fly (and ride) to free my mind from the tyranny of petty things. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Posted : July 5, 2023 11:27 am
(@dirtydr)

Reservation made, booked a park motel room for the week. Nice to have AC and a private bathroom.

Posted : July 12, 2023 2:04 am
 MJ
(@mj)

Just booked our campsite. Motorhome and trailer. Looking forward to our first national rally.

Thanks for all the planning!

Posted : August 21, 2023 1:19 pm
(@david-christy)

Cabin booked a while back.   Lookin foward to it!

Posted : September 24, 2023 9:14 pm
(@george-c)

Booked cabin 6B. Aurora and I will be coming from New Mexico. Yeaaah buddy.

Posted : September 25, 2023 1:12 pm
CCjon
(@jan-2)

2024 Rally registration is now OPEN...

https://sidecar.com/rally-registration/

Posted : January 2, 2024 6:19 am
(@dirtydr)

Registered.

Posted : January 2, 2024 6:58 am
(@miles-ladue)

Registered, however I shall not be present at the 2024 National Rally. Just HAPPY to support the USCA, so sending in this small amount of money to make certain that there are enough donut holes available for everyone to eat, before Thane & Karen get there.

I could use the excuses, like...won't attend events in the swamps of the Southeast, as the skeeters love to attack every freckle on me, or...that the heat and humidity will shrink me down to a 98 lb weakling.

But reality is that I shall be cruising on the Shannon River in Ireland, on our new boat, and not sharing donut holes with any of you.

In 2025, when the National Rally is in the Northeast, I shall be there !

Two Million Mile Rider...All 7 Continents
Exploring the World in Comfort

Posted : January 2, 2024 8:13 am
(@scott-h)

Oh Yeah!  Signed up, have a cabin reserved (much thanks to Spat), and planning the journey east.  Looking forward to meeting you all.  🙂

Hold my keyboard and watch this! 🙃

Posted : January 2, 2024 9:14 am
(@craig)

Registered! Have a site at J.P.Coleman S.P. reserved. Looking forward to riding some of the Natchez trace parkway.

Posted : January 2, 2024 3:50 pm
CCjon
(@jan-2)

Woodall Mountain near Iuka, highest point in MS, site of fierce battle during Civil War. Easy hike or can drive to the top.

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/mississippi/woodall-mountain-in-ms-takes-you-above-the-world/

Posted : January 2, 2024 6:34 pm
(@dirtydr)

Just a note to let everyone know that if you do not want to camp but still want to stay at the park there are two of the motel rooms still open, everything else, cabins and rooms are reserved.

I booked early, motel room 219 starting on Wednesday and leaving Sunday. I am still contemplating grabbing for Sunday night also and leaving on Monday morning, I'm retired what do I care? I grabbed a second floor room because of the balcony on the back looking out over the river or lake.

Dana

Posted : January 3, 2024 1:15 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)

Take the Cherokee, AL exit from the Natchez Trace Parkway, ride west 12 miles and you are in Iuka, MS.

If you have never ridden the NTP from Nashville to Natchez, you are missing one of the great relaxed scenic riding roads in the US. It's full length is a National Park, speed limit is 55, enforced by Park Rangers. No billboards, no commercial traffic allowed. 

Check out this video about the Trace: Experiencing The Trace

Posted : January 13, 2024 2:29 pm
(@dirtydr)

I will agree that the Trace is a wonderful ride. I will be going to Baton Rouge for a couple of nights. I need to visit the USS Kidd museum, being an old destroyer alumni I will spend some time on her. After that it will probably be a run up 61, The Blues Highway, and at some point intersecting the Trace into Iuka.
https://www.usskidd.com/

Posted : January 14, 2024 1:12 am
Page 1 / 3