Notifications
Clear all

2024 NATIONAL RALLY

47 Posts
19 Users
14 Likes
CCjon
(@jan-2)

Made a pre-rally visit to JP Coleman State Park near Iuka, MS, the site of our 2024 USCA National Rally. As the Park manager stated, JP Coleman Park is a hidden gem tucked away in the northern corner, closer to Nashville than to Jackson, the state capitol.

[​IMG]

This is an impressive location for our national rally. This region where Tennessee, Alabama, and Mississippi came together to add it’s touch to the blues and rock-n-roll sound we all know.

Over the years, artists who recorded at Muscle Shoals Sound Studio included The Rolling Stones, Aretha Franklin, Duane Allman, George Michael, Wilson Pickett, Willie Nelson, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Joe Cocker, Levon Helm, Paul Simon, Bob Seger, Rod Stewart, Tamiko Jones, Cher and Cat Stevens.

I was very impressed with the Park, the facilities, and the welcoming attitude of the staff. This wooded park is stretched out along the shores of Pickwick Lake, with open space between the camp sites. Everyone is not jammed packed in on top of each other.

The Lodge is a modern-looking, impressive structure for this heavily wooded region.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The lake view from the Rally Central room is outstanding.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The manager says there are only 9 remaining primitive camping spots with a max of two tents each. There are 16 full-service campsites remaining for that rally weekend. He also said there is a family group coming in for those days, so it is best to make your reservation now if you want to camp at the Park.

https://reserve.mdwfp.com/jp-coleman/cabins/

If you have not already booked your room in the lodge for the rally, you are out of luck. All lodge rooms and all the cabins are taken.

The closest decent motel is in Iuka. I spoke with Angeline Collins, the manager of the Heritage Place Hotel. She offered us a USCA discount rate of $89 plus tax for Double and Queen rooms. Call her at 662-424-8050 or frontdesk@heritagehoteliuka.com. You might have to talk with her to get your discount.

The town of Iuka has little shops, places to dine, a covered bridge, and old historic homes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See you at JP Coleman State Park, June 6-9th. Don’t forget to bring your rod and reel. The fish in the lake are waiting for you.

https://sidecar.com/rally-registration/

[​IMG]

Posted : April 7, 2024 5:32 am
Thane Lewis
(@thane-lewis)

Thanks for the reminder, Jon.  I just made a reservation for primitive site #5 since pups aren't allowed in the cabins and Maddie the Mutt will accompany us on this trip.  Primitive sites allow two tents per so if someone shows up without a reservation and needs one, we would be willing to share.

See y'all in June!

Illegitemi non carborundum est!

Posted : April 7, 2024 9:53 am
 VLAD
(@vlad)

If someone have no campsite reserved in the park but want to camp in the park better do not come to the rally?

Posted : April 7, 2024 4:54 pm
Thane Lewis
(@thane-lewis)

@vlad I'm a little puzzled at your question.  If someone does not have a reservation but wants to come to the rally, I am fairly certain that accommodations will be made by someone. 

Heaven forfend that a person should, for ANY reason, not come to the rally!  The more, the merrier!

Illegitemi non carborundum est!

Posted : April 8, 2024 2:48 am
(@reardan-tom)

Vlad- where have you been? We used to see your posts here often and now not so much. Or am I missing something. Good to see you're back online!!

Posted : April 8, 2024 4:05 am
 VLAD
(@vlad)

All national rallys I came have almost unlimited tent camp sites. Reading this post I can
see:”The manager says there are only 9 remaining primitive camping spots with a max of
two tents each. He also said there is a family group coming in for those days, so it is best
to make your reservation now if you want to camp at the Park.”
It will be no fun to come to the rally and have no place to camp. And I can’t reserve a
spot b4 since not sure if I will come( work, family, etc..)

Posted : April 8, 2024 10:32 am
 VLAD
(@vlad)

Tom thanks for kind words. Life happens. Had some family medical problems, older folks passing and other fun staff.

Posted : April 8, 2024 10:36 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)

Am sure there will be a spot for your tent in the park.  Shame to miss a great rally. 

Might be a good idea to keep a list at rally central of campsites with an open spot for late arrivals... ?

Posted : April 8, 2024 1:32 pm
(@aceinsav)
Topic starter

Thanks for those great pics.

I need to let everyone know that due to circumstances beyond my control the scheduled Parade for Friday afternoon has been cancelled 

I am however adding in some more rides Friday and changing up the activities for Saturday to more than make up for it. 

Posted : April 9, 2024 9:16 am
(@dholaday2)

Unfortunately, we won't be able to attend the Rally - will be in the midst of a move from Dayton to Virginia.

I just canceled reservations for two cabins: 7A and 7B

Duncan

Posted : April 19, 2024 4:40 am
(@aceinsav)
Topic starter

Sorry to hear you will miss the rally, hope your move goes smoothly

Posted : April 19, 2024 5:36 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)

Did you know that Muscle Shoals, AL is only 35 miles from Iuka, site of the 2024 USCA Rally. Despite its small town charm, Muscle Shoals played a significant role in shaping the history of rock and popular music. The FAME Studios where artists like Aretha Franklin, Otis Redding, and the Rolling Stones recorded their chart topping hits is a must see. Visit the Muscle Shoals Sound Studio where iconic albums by Lynyrd Skynyrd and Bob Dylan were produced. Legendary music with a unique sound came from this small unassuming town.

A CMA member from Muscle Shoals has offered to guide our members on a tour of the city's must-see locations.

P.S. The Rally Fee increases May 1rst, make your reservation today and save.

Posted : April 27, 2024 10:36 pm
Thane Lewis, sheath, SwampFox and 1 people reacted
(@aceinsav)
Topic starter

Also did you know Tupelo Ms. is 71 miles from the park and is also very influential in Rock & roll and it's the Birth place of Elvis Presley. We have a member of the CMA from Tupelo that is coming up and take a group down and show them around and share some of the history that their little town has to offer. 

Both guided rides will include a ride on the Natchez Trace and A nice little lunch break

Posted : April 29, 2024 8:56 am
(@hdgypsyman)

I finally got registered for the rally.  I had to wait until I returned to Minnesota from my winter spot in Texas so I could retrieve my membership number for the application.  My wife and I have a cabin reserved at the park and we are looking forward to the ride and the rally.

Posted : April 29, 2024 10:21 am
Thane Lewis, DRONE, FlyingMonkeys and 1 people reacted
(@dirtydr)

Things have come up and I will not be making the rally. I cancelled my room at the lodge but they go fast so it may already be booked.

Dana

Posted : May 1, 2024 7:05 am
CCjon reacted
Page 3 / 4