Skip to content
Notifications
Clear all

2024 NATIONAL RALLY

47 Posts
19 Users
14 Likes
(@scott-h)

I'm looking forward to riding the NTP.  Meeting a buddy in Memphis for a night on Beale St. Then we are going to take a few days to run the Pkwy up to Nashville for a night on Broadway.  There are a lot of really cool places to stop along the way.  Museums, battle sites, etc..  Just started looking into all that.  🙂

Really looking forward to the Rally, and and epic all around summer vacation.

Hold my keyboard and watch this! 🙃

Posted : January 14, 2024 6:46 am
(@david-christy)

Rode the trace up and back a few years ago with Kent, Lynn, Donald and a few others who came and went during the ride.    Best stop on the trace that I enjoyed was the Te-lah-nay's Wall, near Florence, Al.   It took us a few u-turns to get there, but was worth the trouble.   Here is the page from the NPS :

https://www.natcheztracetravel.com/natchez-trace-alabama/florence-tennessee-river/456-wichahpi-stone-wall.html

Like others have said, lots to see.

Posted : January 26, 2024 3:22 pm
(@swampfox)

Quote from David & Christy on January 26, 2024, 8:22 pm

... Best stop on the trace that I enjoyed was the Te-lah-nay's Wall, near Florence, AL....

Thanks David & Christy:  ...Why does [the wall] bend .... journey through life--it is never straight.

Lee
MB5+TW200+CRF250L+GTV300+INT650
XL883R w/Texas Ranger Sidecar
Zuma 50F + Burgman w/Texas Sidecar<Mrs. SwampFox

Posted : January 27, 2024 2:40 am
(@aceinsav)
Topic starter

Rode the trace up and back a few years ago with Kent, Lynn, Donald and a few others who came and went during the ride.    Best stop on the trace that I enjoyed was the Te-lah-nay's Wall, near Florence, Al.   It took us a few u-turns to get there, but was worth the trouble.   Here is the page from the NPS :

https://www.natcheztracetravel.com/natchez-trace-alabama/florence-tennessee-river/456-wichahpi-stone-wall.html

Wow that is the final piece I needed to complete one of the rides, now I just need a volunteer to guide it. Any takers. Please get in contact with me and we can lock it in 

Posted : January 29, 2024 4:07 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)

Quote from AceinSav on January 29, 2024, 9:07 am

Wow that is the final piece I needed to complete one of the rides, now I just need a volunteer to guide it. Any takers. Please get in contact with me and we can lock it in 

Count me in on that ride. Was looking at the map trying to figure out how to find that "wall". 

I'll ride sweep...

Posted : January 29, 2024 4:32 am
(@lee-h)

I have reservations nearby for a house, so we’ll do a daily entrance fee for park access. Our group is 10 people: 1 driver, 1 rider, 4 non-riding adults, 4 non-riding kids. Only the first two will participate in group rides, etc. Who needs to pay the registration fee for the Rally if 8 of us are just looking: driver; rider; other adults; kids? Thanks! I’m new to this and to the group. -Lee

Posted : January 31, 2024 7:05 am
(@aceinsav)
Topic starter

Hi Lee

Wow sounds like you're bringing your own entourage 🙂  I'm going to let our Prez answer your main question. Looking forward to seeing you there

what are the ages of the children that will be with you 

Posted : January 31, 2024 9:04 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)

HD FLHP, sounds like you are bringing quite the family. Great to hear that. The Iuka area of Mississippi has a great history and parks to explore.

Anyone remotely interested in sidecars is welcome to come in, wander around and visit with the various sidecarists at the rally. The rally fee is to c0ver the venue rental, liability insurance, food, drink, refreshments, prizes, etc. To participate in rally events, rides, meals, contests, games, door prizes, etc, one must be registered for the rally. There is a reduced or no fee for children depending on their age. 

Fees paid on site are slightly higher than the prepaid fees. 

All official rally attendees are issued a wristband.  You decide on your level of participation in the rally and pay the appropriate fees. 

Jan Daub

President USCA

Posted : January 31, 2024 11:43 am
Thane Lewis
(@thane-lewis)

In pursuit of full disclosure like Lee, I did register Maddie as a child, though she will not eat the dinner with us!

Illegitemi non carborundum est!

Posted : February 1, 2024 4:36 am
(@lee-h)

Thanks, great info! See you there.

Posted : February 1, 2024 7:36 am
(@david-bundy)

Julia and I are registered. This will only be our second rally with USCA. Our first was last year in the Flint Hills. Looking forward to it.

Posted : February 9, 2024 12:36 pm
(@dirtydr)

If you like the Flint Hills rally you will love the national, look forward to seeing you again.

Dana

Posted : February 10, 2024 1:35 am
(@7125)

new to the site made reservations at JP Colman Stat park

Posted : March 3, 2024 11:44 am
(@aceinsav)
Topic starter

Quote from gabriel cestaro on March 3, 2024, 4:44 pm

new to the site made reservations at JP Colman Stat park

Good Deal, we look forward to meeting you 

Posted : March 4, 2024 2:57 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)

In case you missed the message from the Iuka city folk...

Tishomingo is calling! A s the date for the 2024 United Sidecar Association National Rally draws closer, we hope you’re including plans to enjoy Tishomingo State Park and the JP Coleman State Park in your

Iuka itinerary.

In the last issue of The Sidecarist, we told you about some of the features of Tishomingo State Park. This issue, let’s look at JP Coleman State Park, the site of this year’s national rally..

Like Tishomingo State Park, J.P. Coleman State Park has won numerous national awards. Located on the rocky shores of Pickwick Lake, the park has a number of popular fishing tournaments each year that draw sportspersons from all across the US and several other countries.

Pickwick Lake is 47,000 acres and is located in three states--Mississippi, Alabama, and Tennessee. J. P. Coleman State Park has a 16-room hotel overlooking Pickwick Lake and a conference center that can accommodate up to 200 people.

The park’s cabins and RV park are among the most popular, and scenic, in the state.

The six quaint Appalachian towns and villages of Tishomingo County harken back to a more peaceful

and authentic time. Downtown Iuka offers America’s only Apron Museum, the Old Courthouse Museum, Mineral Springs Park, Iuka Covered Bridge, and a host of unique restaurants and shops. Iuka is the home of the popular Needle Chasers Quilt Show, one of the largest in the South, that is scheduled every other year. Numerous other festivals and events are scheduled throughout the year.

The Old Courthouse Museum has an eclectic collection of Native American, pioneer, and Civil War artifacts as well as one of the largest genealogical collections in the southern USA. The Old Courthouse Museum was known as the “Marriage Capital of the South” up until 1958. No waiting period or blood tests were required. Over

45,000 marriages were performed in the historic building and hundreds of these couples continue to visit the Old Courthouse Museum each year. Each year in August, Iuka sponsors the Iuka Heritage Festival and Car Show. Attended by thousands, the festival offers something for everyone. The car show is one of the largest in the southeastern USA.

The USCA National Rally will be held June 6-9 at JP Coleman State Park.

Whether you come for a day or to spend the rest of your life, Tishomingo County welcomes you.

You can find more information about Tishomingo State Park online at www.tishomingofunhere.org or by calling 662-423-0051.

Posted : March 11, 2024 4:03 am
Page 2 / 4