Notifications
Clear all

2006 Honda Goldwing w/Champion Daytona 2+2 sidecar

10 Posts
6 Users
30 Likes
(@miles-ladue)
Topic starter

This is a preliminary notice that I am going to be selling my 2006 Honda Goldwing w/Champion Daytona 2+2 sidecar rig, shortly after I do some tire changes, fork seals, and rear differential service to it.

This is the same sidecar rig that I was the original owner of....then sold it to Ned (DRONE) in 2020.....he owned it for 3 years and 6,000 miles, then I bought it back from Ned (DRONE) last November, with the idea/intent of shipping it to Germany, for our use on the Euro continent, and storage in Heidelberg, at Knopf Tours facility.

After vacillating back and forth 100 times over shipping it to Germany vs buying a Goldwing rig that is already over there, I have decided to buy one that is already there, and not deal with shipping a sidecar rig that is this WIDE.

Therefore, this is a heads up.....a preliminary notice...that this 2006 Honda Goldwing w/Champion Daytona 2+2 rig IS in fact coming up for sale.

I have a few things that I "politely" insist on doing to the rig before selling it, as I know it is going to need a new front tire, a new rear tire, I need to replace the front fork seals, change the fork oil, rear differential fluid. 

The new Front Tire will be a Bridgestone BT-46...a 130/70-18...which is a motorcycle rear tire..and it will be installed backwards on the front wheel. The new Rear Tire will be a Yokohama Avid Ascend...a 195/55-16.  Both front and rear wheel on this bike are also powder-coated a high gloss Black, which is a nice offset from the Titanium Silver paint of the bike. The sidecar tire IS a new tire, a Vredstein, that Ned (DRONE) had installed.

I have the new OEM Honda fork seals and dust caps in my shop, so I will replace those myself.

I also have a SPARE rear wheel, a OEM Honda Goldwing 1800 rear wheel, that comes with the bike for FREE.....use it as your needs develop.

This rig is located just south of Olympia, Washington, and a buyer can either fly into Seattle, where I can pick you up, and you drive this rig home to wherever home is, or......we can discuss/arrange for me to deliver this rig to your home...MYSELF.....either by me trailering it to you on my own trailer, or by driving it out to you, and flying home myself.

Price is not firmly set YET....I am discussing this rig privately with a few sidecarists that I personally know, and have made offers to them on buying it. But a general idea of price will be in the $ 15,000.00 range...and that is with ALL improvements/repairs/changes done to it prior to sale.

For those Honda Goldwing people..in-the-know....this is the Level 1 bike...Premium Sound System, so it did not come from Mother Honda with the Heated Seat, or the Navigation system, or the ABS brakes. It does have the Honda heated grips (not aftermarket...but Honda heated grips) as I installed those myself.

Mileage on the bike is...78,090....and on the Champion Daytona 2+2 sidecar is.....approx 13,000.

I will attest to this....this rig is put together correctly......has the EZ steer triple trees on the bike, the wiring has not been butchered, Champion did an excellent job attaching the sidecar to the bike (whilst I hid in the shadows and watched for 8 hours), and this bike performs like it is a Ferrari, at speeds that are illegal in 49 states. The engine, trans, and rear diff on this bike are flawless, been perfectly maintained since day # 1, and everything is up to date.

This bike also has a RDL seat on it, a Russell Day Long seat, that is embroidered....Million Mile Rider. Very comfortable seat for long rides.

For those wondering, I still have my 2019 Wing w/Hannigan Dream sidecar, which I will never sell. You can come get it after I am dead.

So....think about this rig...if you have any interest in buying an extremely well put together rig, that will still perform as well as Mother Honda wanted all her Goldwing children to perform, and has (I believe) the last Daytona 2+2 sidecar that Champion made.....this is that rig.

You can message me here, or e-mail to midliferider@aol.com

Two Million Mile Rider...All 7 Continents
Exploring the World in Comfort

Posted : April 7, 2024 6:18 am
sheath, Ben Franklin, Drew and 2 people reacted
(@big-tom)

Now that's an interesting offer.

How does the Outback like pulling the Bear Track with the rig on it?

Probably weighs a bit more than my Aluma and GW.

Posted : April 7, 2024 1:47 pm
sheath and FlyingMonkeys reacted
(@smitty901)

When you are done with it put my trailer back in the yard.  I love my Bear Tracker for the sidecar.

Posted : April 7, 2024 2:48 pm
(@miles-ladue)
Topic starter

Big Tom, I  have to agree with  smitty901....I love my Bear Track BTU82120S trailer.  All aluminum, and I  believe  it weighs less than  your Aluma 210. 

My Outback is a  2019 Touring  model, with the 2.5 engine,  and has no problems at all  towing  this  trailer  with  a 1100 lb.  sidecar rig  on the  trailer. Total  weight of the  sidecar  rig and the  trailer is less than 1600 lbs.

Posted : April 7, 2024 3:13 pm
Brstr and sheath reacted
(@ned)

In the 4th pic from the top, the one with the green and white house, zoom up that pic and look at the license plate on that black GMC SUV. It's a winner! 

Couple more pics from when it belonged to me --->

Very nice rig!

Have owned 5 rigs but Rig #2 is my current one!

Posted : April 7, 2024 3:17 pm
(@dave-brakebill)

Never a dull moment with Ned! Love it.

Posted : April 8, 2024 10:45 am
(@smitty901)

My Bear Tracker works like a dream . 450 pounds even with Rig on it I am under 2,000 pounds. It pulls great at highway speeds.  The curved ramp is easy to ride up . I did add planks for a two wheeled bike. Move license plate and added spare tire mount.

Also added a non slip patch where rear tire sits. Make it easier to back out of the wheel chalk .

I can haul 12ft lumber home. Rescue a broke down trike does everything I need it to do.

I pull it with a 2017 Ford Edge AWD no towing package. I did add an aftermarket Transmission oil cooler just as cheap insurance.

This post was modified 3 days ago 2 times by smitty901

Posted : May 6, 2024 6:35 am
sheath, Thane Lewis, FlyingMonkeys and 1 people reacted
(@miles-ladue)
Topic starter

Update:  spent a few  hours in my shop  today,  working on  this  '06 Wing rig, as I  have been  receiving  texts from the little  doggie  of the family that  tentatively  wants to buy this  sidecar rig. 

Yo....please search Miss Maddie's bed, because I  think she has stashed an old cell phone in there, and she keeps  texting me. 

Removed the  rear wheel and  tire off the  bike, have the  new Car Tire already  in hand,  just  need to  visit  my local  tire shop, so they can  dismount the  old Car Tire, then mount the  new Car Tire.

Removed the  front  wheel and tire, also have the  new Bridgestone  BT-46 in hand, just  need to  take  these to my local  motorcycle  dealership,  to have  them remove the  old Bridgestone  BT-45...then mount up the  new Bridgestone  BT-46.

With the  front  wheel and  tire off the  bike,  I  Removed both fork tubes, Removed all fork seals, and dust covers, installed  new fork seals and dust covers, now need to  refill  each fork leg with  new fork oil...which I  blend my own fork oil for a  specific  weight. 

Inspected the front  brake pads,  and frankly,  they are still in  very good condition,  so.....even though I have a brand new set of front brake pads  in hand, I will  simply  hand these new brake pads to the  new owner of this sidecar rig,  and they  can replace the  front  brake pads  in the  far future.  This  bike is  relatively  easy  on brake pads. 

Also  inspected the  rear brake pads,  and....I  will be  replacing  those  now.  Just  ordered  new rear brake pads  online today,  so they  will be  replaced  this week. 

In getting a new  rear tire, that is when I  also  drain and  refill the  rear differential  fluid, so that  will be  done  this week. 

Posted : May 6, 2024 6:24 pm
Brstr, sheath and Thane Lewis reacted
(@miles-ladue)
Topic starter

Oh, and BTW....this sidecar rig  comes with  ALL the  books, literature,  maintenance  records,  receipts  from  Champion Sidecars,  owners manual for the  Champion  Daytona  sidecar,  the Honda  Owners Manual for  2006 Goldwing,  and theeeeee BIG Honda Service  Manual,  the real deal Service  Manual  from  Honda, that  explains  how to  avoid  all the  mechanical  pitfalls  the BMW owners  are subjected to.

(okay, that was a bad joke, but my Honda Goldwing  made me  do it)  Shut Mouth  

So whomever  buys this sidecar rig will  get ALL the  paperwork  and literature  they  could  ever need,  or want.

Posted : May 6, 2024 7:30 pm
Brstr, sheath and Thane Lewis reacted
(@scott-h)

Is there enough material to perform a "Rickles" like comedy skit at the next MOA rally?

Some special doggy is going to get an epic rig.  🤩 Maybe that special dogs dad slipped the phone in the cushion while mom wasn't looking? 😎 

Hold my keyboard and watch this! 🙃

Posted : May 7, 2024 9:54 am
Brstr, norton,kel, Thane Lewis and 1 people reacted