Rigs in the Rockies...

Notifications
Clear all

Rigs in the Rockies 2022 National Rally July 7 through 10 Hotchkiss Colorado

86 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@craig)

My wife and I are also not able to attend do to unforeseen circumstances, so I really hope to see lots of pictures posted from the rally.

Posted : July 8, 2022 5:31 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)

Peter, not to worry, your rally shirt will be mailed to you. Sorry for your troubles, everyone here has big smiles in spite of the afternoon heat. Food is excellent, music original, upbeat and good. New friendships made and old one renewed. Β Town people very welcoming.

Craig, look to see many rally photos in the Sidecarist.

Jan

Posted : July 9, 2022 10:51 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)

Good news, DirtyDR (Dana) our Rally Master in Hotchkiss, was released from the hospital yesterday, now back home recuperating.

For those not at the rally, DR was stung by wasps while moving barriers to mark off camping areas for attendees. Though not allergic to wasp stings, DR's arm was oozing and swollen the next day. It is not unusual for the wasp stylet to be contaminated with bacteria from animal droppings found in county fairgrounds. A visit to ER turned into a multi-night stay at the hospital for DR in order anti-bacterial infusions could be administered.

He is back home, feeling better, sad that he missed seeing his friends enjoy the rally he worked so hard to organize. If you had a great time in Hotchkiss, drop Dana a line. Let him know you appreciate the hard work he put into hosting this year's USCA Rally.

Posted : July 12, 2022 4:49 am
(@aceinsav)

I am sorry to hear that happened to Dana but very happy to hear he is OK and on the mend. We weren't able to attend the rally but I can say I truly appreciate all his hard work to put it together.Β 

Posted : July 12, 2022 5:40 am
(@swampfox)

Sure sorry to hear of your run-in with the wasps, and the resulting treatments.Β  Glad your back home.

Although we could make the rally, we too appreciate you organizing the rally for us.

Lee
MB5+TW200+CRF250L+GTV300+INT650
XL883R w/Texas Ranger Sidecar
Zuma 50F + Burgman w/Texas Sidecar<Mrs. SwampFox

Posted : July 12, 2022 2:03 pm
(@NCGLSidecarist)

On our way back from a great rally. Thanks Dana, CCJohn, Cookie, Lisa, and so many others who put in so much time and effort to keep this β€œhappening”fun safe and enjoyable for everyone. It was great to see many friends new and not so new, Β Lynn and David both made the long trip in along with many others. So glad Dana is on the road to recovery. Four great days at a beautiful location. I’ve attached a few pics with more to follow.Β 
thanks to all who shared so much to make the rally fun and informative.Ride safe

Posted : July 12, 2022 2:48 pm
(@aceinsav)

Looking forward to more pictures and maybe some highlights of the rally

what was the final tally on how many were thereΒ 

Posted : July 15, 2022 3:00 am
(@dirtydr)
Topic starter

Quote from AceinSav on July 15, 2022, 8:00 am

Looking forward to more pictures and maybe some highlights of the rally

what was the final tally on how many were thereΒ 

Waiting for that information myself, heard the rally was great though, too bad I missed it.

Dana

Posted : July 16, 2022 2:01 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)

Dana,

From all the smiling faces I saw at dinner Saturday night, then the positive comments on rides, food, music, camaraderie and venue, I say your rally in Hotchkiss was a huge success. Many thanks to you Dana, and your crew of friends (John, Cookie, Rich, Lisa and Holly) for hosting the 2022 USCA Rally.Β 

Am getting the final tally count to balance the books. Need a few more pieces of info from others.

Roughly we had 145 persons representing 31 different states participating in the rally.

Posted : July 16, 2022 3:59 am
(@dirtydr)
Topic starter

I was expecting 150 so I guess I should not be disappointed. You did count the 4 band members? I had intended on registering them and just comping the fee but I was told they were just waved in and not registered.

Posted : July 17, 2022 2:33 am
(@aceinsav)

Good deal, sounds like a nice turn out, now we just need picturesΒ 

Posted : July 18, 2022 3:34 am
Page 6 / 6