2019 US sidecar Ral...

Notifications
Clear all

2019 US sidecar Rally

54 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Just registered   at fairgrounds.  No pull thrus left for us trailer queens.  Looks like they only had 3,  so we didn't get one. No problem.Looking forward to a good rally, and inviting every   one to  our rally in 2020.  Don't know where yet, but Lee is searching for a spot already.  Possibly Arkansas.

J.R.

Tex.Rep.

Posted : January 28, 2019 8:34 am
(@swampfox)

Quote from J.R. on January 28, 2019, 1:34 pm

... Looking forward to a good [2019] rally, and inviting every one to  our rally in 2020.  Don't know where yet, but Lee is searching for a spot already.  Possibly Arkansas....

I have three, maybe four, potential locations in mind for further consideration.  Plan is to have the location in place no later than June of this year.

Lee
MB5+TW200+CRF250L+GTV300+INT650
XL883R w/Texas Ranger Sidecar
Zuma 50F + Burgman w/Texas Sidecar<Mrs. SwampFox

Posted : January 28, 2019 11:55 pm
(@Anonymous)

Sounds good.  What time of the year are you looking at?  Hopefully not July,August.  Would be a mite warm for the Northenars.(sp).

J.R.

Tex. Rep.

Posted : January 29, 2019 4:55 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator

I love how J.R. can even write with a Texas twang... Northenar's,   That's how they say that in Texas.

Not all Northenars are Yankees, but all Yankees are Northenars.

Thanks J.R. for starting my day with a smile.

Posted : January 30, 2019 2:32 am
(@Anonymous)

Jon.  I figure a day is wasted if I don't bug some one,either good or bad.

J.R.

Tex.Rep.

Posted : January 31, 2019 11:04 am
(@Anonymous)

I just registered my wife and I as participants in this years Rally in Idaho.  Both of us will be on our own sidecar rigs.

Miles

Posted : January 31, 2019 5:44 pm
(@Anonymous)

Thanks Miles. Your registration made me decide to get off my duff and get registered. Or at least sit here on my duff and fill out the form on line.... We'll see ya there.

Posted : February 1, 2019 1:47 am
(@al-olme2)

I know that the rally is still over four months off but who's going?

Dave Szkudlarek is driving here (Minneapolis) and riding out with us.  TLMaryann is stopping at Yellowstone to visit with her sister while Dave and I go on the Coeur deAlene (sp?).  We'll probably get in on Thursday.  'Looking forward to a great rally and seeing some of our West coast friends.

Posted : March 16, 2019 3:43 pm
(@BMWBUD)

Looks like I will be there along with norton(kel). This will be the end of our ride. We are leaving S. Colorado and riding the CDR to the Canadian border then down to the Rally.

Posted : March 26, 2019 5:46 am
(@bschraeder2)

Mike and I are planning on being at the rally in Coeur d'Alene, but due to mom's health we will not be riding in this year.  We can't be gone that long so we are flying into Spokane and renting a car.  (there just are no places to rent sidecars).  So barring any unforeseen events we will be there the whole week.

Belinda & Mike

Posted : May 3, 2019 9:24 am
(@james-williams)

So we are seriously considering attending this years rally and I see that non-members are charged $49 to attend and my wife will also be charged $49 to join me.  I don't see any information as to what we can expect for our $89?  We have never been to a USCA  rally and we have no idea as to what to expect.  Attending the rally would be part of a 3 week trip coming up from Southern California in our sidecar.

Posted : May 16, 2019 8:45 am
(@don)

James, become a member and save $10.  Enroll your wife as an associate member and save another $10 on the rally registration fee.  If you have a USCA sanctioned district rally in your area you can save another $5 each on the registration fee for the district rally.

To me the USCA national rally is excuse to head out on the road to ride and see what is to be seen along the way.

There have been sidecar setup classes, rig weigh-ins to determine if the weight of the rig is properly distributed among the three wheels, hands-on sessions on rig operation in emergency situations, and other seminars on various sidecar topics at past rallies.  I don't know what seminars or riding activities are planned this time, but I'm going to be there to find out.

A few years ago we visited Civil War battlefields where my great, great grandfather had fought.  This year I plan to ride along the Missouri River following the path of the Lewis and Clark Expedition of 215 years ago.

It appears to me you are planning to do some sight-seeing along the way if you are taking 3 weeks to travel from southern California to Idaho and back in 3 weeks.  It will mean making choices as to what is important for you to see because you can't see and do it all in 3 weeks, but you'll get a very good impression of what that part of the country has to offer.  If you can, include US Highway 12 from Lewiston, ID to Mizzoula, MT.

Posted : May 16, 2019 10:35 am
(@james-williams)

Thanks for the reply Tax Man.  The rally would just a extra few days stopping while on a trip visiting friends during a typical summer excursion for us.  Stops include Ft. Bragg, CA, Tillamook, OR, Yakima, WA, Twisp, WA, Coeur D'Alene, ID, Whitefish, MT, Anaconda MT, & Payette, ID. I'm very familiar with Idaho & Montana, as I got my Geology degree at Idaho State and we own property in Anaconda.  The sidecar rally fits in nicely between Twisp & Whitefish so I can adjusted our schedule to include it. Will there be some sort of schedule put out as to what to expect when for all of the potential stuff you've mentioned that has been at previous rallies?

Posted : May 16, 2019 12:08 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi James:

We would love to see you at the rally.  It is an ideal time to visit with other sidecarists and study their rigs. You will find that there is very little duplication between rigs.

Click on the "Join the USCA" - 3rd from the left and join us.  You will get a bi-monthly magazine with articles on travel and sidecar set-up plus the reduced costs on local and national rallies.

Will Short

USCA President

Posted : May 16, 2019 1:24 pm
(@Anonymous)

We are working on getting a schedule of activities at the Rally.  Stay tuned!

Will Short

Posted : May 17, 2019 1:53 pm
Page 2 / 4