Notifications
Clear all

Sidecar add ons

29 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@dennis-peabody)
Topic starter

So tell me what you have added to your sidecar since you have gotten it.

Posted : April 5, 2023 10:28 am
(@aceinsav)

This could be a fun and informative thread

I added a functional hood scoop that allows the rider to adjust air flow inside the car and a rear spoiler with brake light to match the rear spoiler of the bike

On my first side car I did the same but also added a 6 gal gas tank and had it tied to the bike tank with a 1 way check valve and electric pump so you could transfer gas on the fly 

Posted : April 5, 2023 10:49 am
(@smitty901)

The Hannigan twin classic. Nothing. I knew what I wanted and and made sure it was all installed right away.  I did have it repainted to match the new bike.

Replace the convertible top in March  it was showing the miles and age.

The Velorex. I cut out their axle replace with one from a Harley 750. Tossed their 16 inch spoke wheel and tire in the trash. Changed it to same wheel and car tire the bike has.  Changed the factory shock

Posted : April 5, 2023 10:53 am
(@dennis-peabody)
Topic starter

My Ural sidecar I added Lights to the front, Mounted a jerry can between the bike and the sidecar add dual USB connectors and added a forward and a revers camera that records all the time.

My Liberty sidecar I have not added anything to it. Yet!

Posted : April 5, 2023 11:19 am
(@reardan-tom)

No need to add anything to it, it's perfect just the way it is!! lol...

Posted : April 6, 2023 9:34 am
(@dennis-peabody)
Topic starter

Quote from Reardan Tom on April 6, 2023, 2:34 pm

No need to add anything to it, it's perfect just the way it is!! lol...

Tom I am going to add a pin wheel at the nose of the Sidecar so Oakley has something to watch.

happy kyle larson GIF by NASCAR on NBC

Posted : April 6, 2023 10:23 am
(@reardan-tom)

How about a small airplane prop set up like a pinwheel. Make everyone else on the road think that's your power to move it down the road. And large enough for Oakley to see...  Grin....

Posted : April 6, 2023 11:18 am
 MJ
(@mj)

ballast 🙂

Posted : April 8, 2023 12:43 pm
(@joe-david)

I’m thinking about adding a step pad on the sidecar frame to give me a stable place to but my right foot when shifting weight to the right. A few times I have put my boot on the sidecar frame tubing and it helps me to keep balanced while shifting my weight to the right and gives me a wider stance making is easier to steer right. I know a step would be a better solution if this isn’t a bad idea to start with.

Are you supposed to keep your feet on the peg or is this one of throws personal preference things?

Posted : April 8, 2023 5:12 pm
(@dirk-shearer)

Ural racks, front and back. Soon to have some Quick Fist clamps for a few different things—shovel, comealong, traction board, pump—because I’m obviously not original in thought, lol.

Posted : April 8, 2023 5:20 pm
(@ned)

Quote from Joe David on April 8, 2023, 10:12 pm

I’m thinking about adding a step pad on the sidecar frame to give me a stable place to but my right foot when shifting weight to the right. A few times I have put my boot on the sidecar frame tubing and it helps me to keep balanced while shifting my weight to the right and gives me a wider stance making is easier to steer right. I know a step would be a better solution if this isn’t a bad idea to start with.

Are you supposed to keep your feet on the peg or is this one of throws personal preference things?

Joe, I saw this pic of your Sportster rig and my immediate thought is that I'd put a big long step on that tube so that I could stand on it, or use it to rest my foot while I straightened my knee, or even to lash something to it.  Certainly not a bad idea.  Anything you can do to keep the car down on energetic right turns is fine.

In fact, standing on that bare tube looks kinda dangerous because I think your foot could slip through the gap between the tube and the car body.  Things could get dicey!  

Have owned 5 rigs but Rig #2 is my current one!

Posted : April 9, 2023 12:03 pm
(@brisco)

Put a dash in the Ural tub, electrified the tub, adding USB ports, 12V lighter port and heated seat. The wife loves fall rides with the heat and plugs her 12v heated blanket in for the legs. Also added RAM cell phoner mount for her.

Posted : November 23, 2023 8:01 am
 Drew
(@andrew-baker)

Quote from BriSco on November 23, 2023, 1:01 pm

Put a dash in the Ural tub, electrified the tub, adding USB ports, 12V lighter port and heated seat. The wife loves fall rides with the heat and plugs her 12v heated blanket in for the legs. Also added RAM cell phoner mount for her.

I'd like to see a pic of that dash.  Did you make it or buy it?

Posted : November 23, 2023 8:37 am
(@kevin-huddy)

Had a LBS leading link front end put on my R1250GSA/Expedition rig.  

Posted : November 28, 2023 1:09 pm
 MGV8
(@mgv8)

Made a Bike rack so me and Lucy can have double fun

Posted : November 28, 2023 4:42 pm
Page 1 / 2