Clear all

New and Improved Forums Coming!

11 Posts
9 Users
22 Likes
(@webmaster)
Admin
Topic starter

This is an announcement for new forums coming soon!

After the major hack we experienced a few days ago, and after some preparation over the last several months, the USCA Board of Directors has approved a change to the forum software.Β 

What you can expect to see is all the same forums with all previous content (posts, replies, attachments, and pics) but in a different 'wrapper'. The look and feel will be completely different, and hopefully, better.Β 

The conversion will take at least a couple of days hopefully late next week or the following week. I will take these forums offline and put up an "Under Construction" page in their place. When the conversion is done and everything is inspected and functional I will replace the existing forum URL with the new application. In other words, you won't have to change anything, it will just appear in the same URL and any links you saved will continue to work.Β 

This is a milestone event in the history of the USCA! I'm sure there will be some things to fix and certainly new things to learn but we have to change to keep up.Β 

I will update this post as I get closer and have a target date.Β 

Jerry
Webmaster

Jerry
I fly (and ride) to free my mind from the tyranny of petty things. Antoine de Saint-ExupΓ©ry

Posted : April 13, 2024 8:14 am
StrongBad and Joe Norris reacted
(@webmaster)
Admin
Topic starter

After some negotiation back and forth with a company that will do our conversion to the new forum software I have scheduled it to begin on Monday morning, April 22.Β 

I will place a new temporary web page that says "Under Construction" in place of the forums so they will not be available while the conversion is taking place. They need the database to be 'frozen' so there are no posts that are lost during the process. If the process is clean it might take a day. If there are issues then I will need to communicate with them which might take a day or two since they are in Europe.Β 

I hope with this change everyone will see better performance and more features and an improved interface. Of course, an 'improved interface' means things will look different and we will have to get used to learning how to interact and post text and images.Β 

My apologies in advance for the various discussions ongoing and users who are looking for assistance and information. Please be patient while we make this change.Β 

Jerry M
Webmaster

Jerry
I fly (and ride) to free my mind from the tyranny of petty things. Antoine de Saint-ExupΓ©ry

Posted : April 19, 2024 11:14 am
(@scott-h)

Oh Yeah!Β  It's on like Donkey Kong!Β  Thanks to all involved.Β  🤩Β 

Hold my keyboard and watch this! πŸ™ƒ

Posted : April 23, 2024 9:49 am
FlyingMonkeys, Joe Norris, DRONE and 1 people reacted
(@webmaster)
Admin
Topic starter

That's great! Really creative!! I wonder how many people recognize the reference. Here is another version...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7aIf1YnbbU

Β 

Jerry

Posted : April 23, 2024 12:33 pm
FlyingMonkeys and sheath reacted
(@ned)

Wondering if we can get YT vids to embed . . .Β 

Β 

Have owned 5 rigs but Rig #2 is my current one!

Posted : April 23, 2024 1:56 pm
(@miles-ladue)

@DRONE, theΒ  answer isΒ  YES.Β 

Scott @sheath has already doneΒ  it.

Two Million Mile Rider...All 7 Continents
Exploring the World in Comfort

Posted : April 23, 2024 5:34 pm
 MGV8
(@mgv8)

Yippee :). not waiting 2 minutes for a post to post clap Β 

Posted : April 24, 2024 9:20 am
Reardan Tom, DRONE, FlyingMonkeys and 1 people reacted
(@GearheadGrrrl)

Taking 2 seconds now, still seems slow...

Posted : April 24, 2024 8:30 pm
sheath reacted
(@smitty901)

Β It seems you got it right . The sight is working. The new software does not seem to be hard to use. Pretty much the same as the one we were playing with. It is faster. Ease to figure out with a few post.

A win all the way around.

Posted : April 25, 2024 6:40 am
sheath, Thane Lewis, FlyingMonkeys and 1 people reacted
(@joe-norris)

Congrats and thanks for all the hard work.Β  This new forum format is leagues ahead of the old forums!Β  Much easier to navigate, and a danged sight better looking to boot.Β  Bravo!!

Ride on!!
Joe

Posted : April 26, 2024 11:41 am
(@ben-franklin)

Looking good, people! clap Β 

Posted : April 27, 2024 2:20 am