Clear all

MOA Rally, Redmond, OR

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
CCjon
(@jan-2)
Topic starter

Any sidecarists going to the MOA Rally in Redmond this summer?  We received this information about group camping that you will find interesting.

Subject: Chartered Club Camping at the MOA Rally in Redmond OR
To:
Dear Chartered Club Contact:

I am the Co-Chair, with Jim Elliott, for the Club Camping area for the 2024 MOA Redmond Rally  The Rally is June 17-21.  If your Club is interested in reserving a Club site, go to the MOA Website, select the Rally menu and the FAQ to request a site.  This is a Clubwide blast so perhaps your Club is already reserved.  See below.  There is no cost for a Club Camp area, but if you want to rent canopies, tents , tables and chairs, do that on the MOA Rally site and the deadline is March 15th for that.  The time to reserve a Club camp is open until May 31st.

Below is the list of clubs that have reserved Club Camping Sites.

Central CA BMW Riders
Montana BMW Riders
BMW Riders of Ontario
BMW Free Riders Club
K 1600 Forum
High Beemers
Airheads
BMW Riders of Northern CA
Saginaw Valley BMW Riders
Our Stodge Touring
BMW MCC  Colorado
Black Hills Beemers
BC Beemers
WSBMWR
BMW Riders of the Mid-South
Washington State BMW Riders

PS, if you are no longer the contact for your Club, please pass this on.

See you in Redmond, Norm Wright

Posted : February 24, 2024 5:30 pm
(@kevin-huddy)

Spousal Unit and I will be there.  She will be on her new LBS rig.  🤞

We ran the Chartered Club Camping at the Great Falls rally.  If things are still as they were, then only MOA chartered clubs were eligible to reserve space and tents.  Maybe things have changed these days.  

we have a space reserved in the RV/Overland area.  They have ten tent spaces that were available last August. 

Posted : February 25, 2024 2:49 am
(@reardan-tom)

Jan- is this the national Guzzi rally? I went in 2010. The Bigfoot sidecar club was there.  John Day, Oregon. Great location and great rally. Turned out to be Archie's last long ride and last rally. He died in June 2010. Left a huge hole in my heart.

Posted : February 25, 2024 3:08 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)
Topic starter

Kevin, the USCA is a MOA Chartered Club,  so we qualify to have a designated camping area. We just need someone who is going to take charge. Can you...

Posted : February 25, 2024 6:42 am
(@ned)

Quote from Reardan Tom on February 25, 2024, 8:08 am

Jan- is this the national Guzzi rally? I went in 2010. The Bigfoot sidecar club was there.  John Day, Oregon. Great location and great rally. Turned out to be Archie's last long ride and last rally. He died in June 2010. Left a huge hole in my heart.

Tom--this is the BMW rally they're talking about.  Much bigger deal than the little Guzzi rally in JohnDay.  By the way, I was at that rally too.  Didn't know you back then. I was still a two-wheeler guy.

Have owned 5 rigs but Rig #2 is my current one!

Posted : February 27, 2024 2:22 pm
(@miles-ladue)

If the BMW-MOA had any sense...at all....they would move the annual MOA rally from Redmond, Oregon to.....MOA-B, Utah.

Silly Beemers riders...they can't even figure out where the mothership is to hold a rally.

Two Million Mile Rider...All 7 Continents
Exploring the World in Comfort

Posted : February 27, 2024 7:27 pm
(@kevin-huddy)

Quote from CCjon on February 25, 2024, 11:42 am

Kevin, the USCA is a MOA Chartered Club,  so we qualify to have a designated camping area. We just need someone who is going to take charge. Can you...

Message sent, Jan.

Posted : February 28, 2024 2:08 am