Notifications
Clear all

Find TLE f/s

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@lee-h)
Topic starter

Where is the best place to look for a later model Harley TLE? I recently retired and would like to hook up a Birch White or Black TLE to my 2021 BW&B Police Road King. Need tub, frame, all mounting hardware. My understanding is that TLE setup must have been manufactured as a 2008 model or later (correct me if I’m wrong). I’m in NE FL. -Lee

p.s.: if you have one for sale, let me know!

p.p.s.: Are there events where folks bring their hacks to sell, like the one coming up in MS in June?

Posted : January 19, 2024 4:27 am
(@aceinsav)

Welcome aboard Lee

Sure you can bring your rig to the rally in June. put it out there and let people know what you have early, might get sale set up before and it helps if an interested party knows to bring a trailer if needed. 

Posted : January 19, 2024 5:30 am
(@miles-ladue)

Ace, what the OP...Lee...is looking for is a sidecar for his HD. He's not looking to sell one, he is looking to buy a Birch White TLE sidecar to attach to his 2021 HD.

Two Million Mile Rider...All 7 Continents
Exploring the World in Comfort

Posted : January 19, 2024 6:27 am
(@smitty901)

2009 or later 2008 bikes still had the old frame...  Older frames can be fitted. If you find a good one it will carry a higher than value price.

Have you ever driven an HD sidecar rig? Many reasons HD dropped them a second time.

2021 has the post 2020 ECM also. You will need HD to deal with BAS as most won't do it. 2021 does not really use a BAS as we knew hem but still referred to as BAS.

Posted : January 19, 2024 7:05 am
(@aceinsav)

Quote from FlyingMonkeys on January 19, 2024, 11:27 am

Ace, what the OP...Lee...is looking for is a sidecar for his HD. He's not looking to sell one, he is looking to buy a Birch White TLE sidecar to attach to his 2021 HD.

Ah, yep I read that wrong

Posted : January 19, 2024 7:09 am
(@scott-h)

Quote from HD FLHP on January 19, 2024, 9:27 am

Where is the best place to look for a later model Harley TLE? I recently retired and would like to hook up a Birch White or Black TLE to my 2021 BW&B Police Road King. Need tub, frame, all mounting hardware. My understanding is that TLE setup must have been manufactured as a 2008 model or later (correct me if I’m wrong). I’m in NE FL. -Lee

p.s.: if you have one for sale, let me know!

p.p.s.: Are there events where folks bring their hacks to sell, like the one coming up in MS in June?

Keep your eyes on the for sale subforum here.  Especially the "Internet section".  There are a few members who post up when they see cool things in their local market for sale.  Putting a "wanted" ad in a Harley forum might bring out something sitting in a garage somewhere. 

searchtempest can be setup to alert you.  If you have a lot of patience Cycletrader  every now and then has something cool show up. Facebook market place  seems to be popular.  

Hope you find what you are looking for! 🙂

Hold my keyboard and watch this! 🙃

Posted : January 19, 2024 7:18 am
(@lee-h)
Topic starter

Thanks for the info! Yes, I have driven a 2003 Road King with a TLE. Different, to say the least, but fun!

Posted : January 19, 2024 7:32 am
(@mikem)

I had been on the hunt for the TLE sidecar for a couple of years for my 2003 Road King. Any time I saw one they were missing parts for attachment and were kind of rough and pricey. I had a hard time finding those missing pieces. I would see complete rigs in ads now and then but they had a lot of miles and the asking prices were a lot. Also the sites showing them were suspect. I was able to find an electra glide with matching factory sidecar last year on Cycle Trader with low mileage. I decided to buy it and dispense with the search for the sidecar and related parts. So they do come up now and then. I find that the Harley sidecar rides very well. I have a Claude Stanley sidecar on my 2001 Harley Heritage for comparison as far as driving it.   

Posted : January 19, 2024 11:49 am
(@lee-h)
Topic starter

Quote from smitty901 on January 19, 2024, 12:05 pm

2009 or later 2008 bikes still had the old frame...  Older frames can be fitted. If you find a good one it will carry a higher than value price.

Have you ever driven an HD sidecar rig? Many reasons HD dropped them a second time.

2021 has the post 2020 ECM also. You will need HD to deal with BAS as most won't do it. 2021 does not really use a BAS as we knew hem but still referred to as BAS.

I hope this works - not so simple to figure out how to reply… What is BAS?

Posted : January 23, 2024 3:13 am
(@ned)

Ummmm - Bank Angle Sensor?

Have owned 5 rigs but Rig #2 is my current one!

Posted : January 24, 2024 6:16 pm