Notifications
Clear all

2014 Motorvation Engineering

67 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
(@96flgeez)
Topic starter

Just so no one misunderstands. We are talking about $9,000.00 plus a bunch of of my money here. 50% non refundable. Any one interested in explaining why this no big deal????

Posted : January 17, 2015 8:42 pm
(@GearheadGrrrl)

Well, is your sidecar complete now?

Posted : January 18, 2015 4:56 am
(@jandrews@papadocs.co)

We bought a motorvation side car and they were great to us. We stopped by to look at them on a electraglide with a Harley side car. We ordered a spyder sidecar for my wife's sportster. they painted it to match and installed it.Lots of questions answered by their mechanic. He told me how to adjust the settings on the sidecar rig i was riding to make it ride better. Bottom line I really appreciated all the help they gave me and it is a neat place to visit in NW Iowa.

Posted : January 18, 2015 5:45 am
(@trikebldr)

96flgeez - 1/18/2015 2:10 AM

I am trying to respond to each with as much civility as possible.
Please reply if I have misquoted you or anyone. It will matter somewhere down the road.

I will "Vent " anywhere it can help make someone make an informed choice. My goal is to receive services as offered. Nothing more, nothing less. If those services are not offered in honesty, then a higher authority than you or me may have to intervene. I do hope not.

Please accept my apology for disappointing you by voicing my opinion.
We may be beyond opinion here.

Facts are what they are.

No response, other than to friends.

Business is as business does.

All we have to go by is what you say is happening in your case, but so far nobody else has reported having such a serious problem with their dealings with Motorvation. In fact, just the opposite. Something just doesn't add up.

"Venting" and voicing your opinion are fine, but you have gone way overboard with five rants in less than five hours! Quoting nonsense from Forest Gump, repeating yourself in the same post, and calling everyone else who has ever dealt with Motorvation as "friends" (alluding to special status) doesn't help make your point! If your goal is to help others make an informed choice, then you did that long ago, but now it has just become an annoying temper tantrum.

For some reason I get email notices every time you make a post here, but nobody else. Again, it is annoying! I will be filing a complaint about that, and will probably be dropping this forum.

I would suggest you make an update post maybe once a week (at most!) so all can follow the progress, or lack of it. But, the way you are handling it is only to take out your frustrations on the forum members and not the company. Spend this same time dealing with them, not us!

Posted : January 18, 2015 6:49 am
(@96flgeez)
Topic starter

GearheadGrrrl - 1/18/2015 9:56 AM

Well, is your sidecar complete now?

Got an email from Mary at Motorvation. "Early Stages of Build."

Posted : January 19, 2015 10:32 pm
(@96flgeez)
Topic starter

trikebldr - 1/18/2015 11:49 AM

All we have to go by is what you say is happening in your case, but so far nobody else has reported having such a serious problem with their dealings with Motorvation. In fact, just the opposite. Something just doesn't add up.

"Venting" and voicing your opinion are fine, but you have gone way overboard with five rants in less than five hours! Quoting nonsense from Forest Gump, repeating yourself in the same post, and calling everyone else who has ever dealt with Motorvation as "friends" (alluding to special status) doesn't help make your point! If your goal is to help others make an informed choice, then you did that long ago, but now it has just become an annoying temper tantrum.

For some reason I get email notices every time you make a post here, but nobody else. Again, it is annoying! I will be filing a complaint about that, and will probably be dropping this forum.

I would suggest you make an update post maybe once a week (at most!) so all can follow the progress, or lack of it. But, the way you are handling it is only to take out your frustrations on the forum members and not the company. Spend this same time dealing with them, not us!

I have no reason to lie. You've got no reason to imply. We can only deduce that the other contract holders do not use this Forum. Unsubscribe from the thread.

Posted : January 19, 2015 10:43 pm
(@GearheadGrrrl)

So it's the middle of winter in Indiana and your sidecar is being built... Relax!

Posted : January 20, 2015 3:34 am
(@IndSlim)

GearheadGrrrl - 1/20/2015 8:34 AM

So it's the middle of winter in Indiana and your sidecar is being built... Relax!

So he has been given notice of progress.......... stop stirring the pot!

Posted : January 20, 2015 5:49 pm
(@BiscuitsNGravy)

I bought my Formula sidecar from Motorvation about 2 yrs ago during Oct I think. I left my bike there so they could have better access for them. Yes, it took a long time (probably because I didn't have my bike to ride), but I received it just before I needed it to ride to my first "Flint Hills" rally. I agree I was getting concerned it was taking so long. But now I am very pleased with my sidecar.
If I did the same thing over, I'd keep my bike at home during the wait so I could ride it. Otherwise I'm glad I got my rig from Motorvation. Good people and excellent product.

Posted : January 30, 2015 5:54 pm
(@Toyman)

After reading most of the earlier posts I decided I'd chime in with a short history of my past experience with the good people at Motorvation. I first got in contact with them approx. 4 years ago with questions regarding mounts & parts for a used 91 Formula II I'd recently purchased from my uncle. They were more than gracious with their time & patient with me calling fairly often with questions and quotes to mount this on different motorcycles I was considering installing it on. Later came questions on the correct way to mount it on my Ultra H.D. Each and every time I called with questions or ordered parts was I ever rushed or had a bad experience with Mary or any shop technician. I am eternally grateful for their help in ensuring I got what I needed to safely install this used sidecar on my bike. What looked to be a nightmare situation turned into a very pleasant experience with their help and quality parts.

The only biased thing I might share is I am originally from Sioux City, Iowa but I've never personally met nor worked for anyone at Motorvation Sidecar Co.
IMO good things come from Iowa.

Posted : February 12, 2015 5:00 pm
(@BiscuitsNGravy)

Right on, Bro. Toyman! Good people and an excellent product and service.

Posted : February 12, 2015 5:16 pm
(@dawg-gone)

glad to hear the build got started. I cant stand to wait for what I want and am always getting ahead of myself on making plans. As I said earlier in this I bought a very old used Spyder not cheep but very good condition And find I made a good choice in quality and product support in answering questions and parts for a 70's product.
I hope the build goes quicker and you find it to be as good a rig as you thought when you started.
Are ya going to the 2015 rally if so hope to see ya there.
are most of your posts on this one subject. would like to see your thoughts on other things.

Posted : February 13, 2015 12:33 pm
(@96flgeez)
Topic starter

I am a great fan of "Myth Busters" and saw and have recorded the episode on Bugs vs Bikers. The fact that Tory rode the rig at 85 mph in their tests with the rig tracking as smooth as it did was my reinforcement for initially the Spyder's style that made me want a Motorvation. Still do. Expect to it perform like the video evidence on "Myth Busters" had demonstrated.

The video is probably the best unbiased endorsement a Vendor could hope for. Sold me.

Sent you a PM; earlier posts have been in the WTB forum.

Plan is to register and attend. We are still wondering if Murphy will have enough traing time. My last Hack ride was in STEP training in 2005. Always planned on one someday.

Posted : February 13, 2015 5:42 pm
(@dawg-gone)

Myth Busters bugs and bikers 1 of my favorites . now if they used a starling at say 65 it might have been different, almost cleaned me off the old pan.

Attached files

Posted : February 14, 2015 5:48 am
(@Hack__n)

No sidecar running light any more.

What happened to it ?

Lonnie

Attached files

Posted : February 14, 2015 8:19 am
Page 4 / 5