Notifications
Clear all

Up keep

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@smitty901)
Topic starter

Took sidecar off for maintenance and up keep mostly on bike this winter. 

New car tire rear, new front tire. Brake pads all the way around.  A good going over for any hidden issues none found.

Facing out now . Get it out and sidecar back on soon.

Posted : February 27, 2024 4:45 am
(@miles-ladue)

smitty901.............Oh, The Humanity !

I shall drink a dram of MacNaughtons Scotch Whisky for all you blokes that have to remove your sidecars just to do maintenance, replace tires, brake pads, etc.

Some of us (we be the wankers) do it the easy way.

Two Million Mile Rider...All 7 Continents
Exploring the World in Comfort

Posted : February 27, 2024 6:08 am
(@smitty901)
Topic starter

We have one of those that will lift cars and trucks also. That is a nice setup.

I wanted it in that the bike room it is in . Also plan to replace all the mounting bolts and nuts this time around when reinstalling it.

Really want to go over every inch . Did not want any surprises on this years planned rides.

Posted : February 27, 2024 9:14 am
(@reardan-tom)

Or another way. Similar, I suppose....

Posted : February 27, 2024 9:23 am
(@2FLTC)

Here is my way. It makes it easy to check the alignment, service, and clean it. 

Posted : February 28, 2024 2:36 am
(@smitty901)
Topic starter

Sidecar is back on the RGL.  As always it was a quick easy install.  20 minutes work then test ride all good. Rode it yesterday

Today I will go over it a check all the bolts make sure they are tight.

Wife and MIL have appointments today.  30 Degrees out by the time they get moving it will warm up to mid 30's I am going for a breakfast ride.

Posted : March 6, 2024 12:12 am
 MGV8
(@mgv8)

One of my few regrets of retiring and selling the shop.. I didn't figure a way of installing a hoist at home.. Ceiling hight and the size of the shop.. I now do it the old way.. Jack it up and roll around on the floor. Keeps a guy in shape, sort of, well not really, more like finding all those spots that don't move or work any more.. On the body, not the rig LOL. 

Posted : March 6, 2024 5:48 am
(@smitty901)
Topic starter

Went over the bike and sidecar yesterday found a crack in Lower front  upper  support.  Took sidecar off. Ground it out weld and plated it.

75-80,000 on the sidecar can't cpmplain

Posted : March 15, 2024 2:18 am