USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Northwest Sidecar Pilots

I read a post recently about riders in the PNW.  Informally there used to be the "Northwest Sidecar Pilots" but it has not been active.  I think it's time to get something going again and I am thinking of just a meet and greet event where we can get together for coffee, breakfast, lunch or etc.  

I'd be happy to organize the first one but would like to hear from other interested riders in the area so as to figure out a convenient place.  

Maybe we could do this quarterly?

Mark Nelson #6473 (barbormark1@hughes.net

My wife and I ran the NW sidecar pilot's for about 9 years. The "club" had one event a year a campout at the KOA in Yakima over Memorial Day weekend.  A few things happened. We turned it over to another couple who now live out of state but mainly the KOA was shut down through imminent domain in order to change the course of the river back where it was historically.  As far as I know this never happened. So, the event was moved just out of town to a campground ran by an Indian tribe where alcohol was not allowed and about the same time someone else decided that they needed to host an event one week later at lake Chelan which competed with the NW sidecar piolets event. As such the "club" more or less died out after more than 30 years. For the 25th year event we had over 200 sidecars in attendance.

It is our plan once Covid is done (2023?) to host an event at our location, it will be an open house with free "dry" camping and free food and perhaps live music from a band my wife sings with doing guitar driven dance music. Would love to see an active club in the area again.  It would also be nice to see someone locally host the national rally, my wife and I hosted it many years back.

Jay G
DMC sidecars

Thane Lewis has reacted to this post.
Thane Lewis
Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

Jay, with all the sidecar owners in the NW it has been quiet region, and the covid blues did not help.  The last national USCA rally up there was in 2019. Since we rotate the USCA Rally among the seven regions, it won't be back to the NW until 2026. However we encourage and will help promote any sidecar gathering in any region of North America.

Let us know when your open house will be and we'll help promote it.

Jan "CCjon" Daub

USCA President

Thane Lewis has reacted to this post.
Thane Lewis

Jay, I'd be happy to help organize something.  I'm surprised we haven't heard more from other local sidecarists.

Mark Nelson # 6473

Dave Skudlarek has reacted to this post.
Dave Skudlarek

I live in Salem, OR. It would be nice to meet for coffee or a meal with others.

gary-shearer@comcast.net