Notifications
Clear all

Looking for a Ride in NE Ohio

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@Redtail)
Topic starter

I've wanted a sidecar for decades so I can take my dogs with me when I ride my motorcycle. I hate leaving them at home when I ride, and they love going for car rides.

I'm finally able to do something about getting a sidecar.  Thing is, I've never even ridden in one.  I should probably do that before getting one of my own.

A short ride would be fine, just enough to get a feel for it.  I don't care what route or where.

I'm in Willowick, Ohio, about 15 miles northeast of downtown Cleveland.  I'm happy to travel a bit to meet for a ride, even as far as Columbus or a similar distance in another direction.  Good excuse for a motorcycle ride, like I need one 🙂

Anyone like to take a potential convert for a ride?

Thanks,

Doug

Posted : August 14, 2021 10:54 am
(@dholaday2)

Doug:

I live in Dayton so a little far from you - I'm sure there are folk closer that would be more than happy to give you a ride - Maybe even your dogs too😊

You may reach wider audience and get results quicker if you post your request on advrider:  https://advrider.com/f/forums/hacks.56/

Welcome aboard

Posted : August 15, 2021 5:47 am
(@Redtail)
Topic starter

Excellent suggestion.  I just posted my request on advrider.  Thanks!

Posted : August 16, 2021 6:59 am
(@Anonymous)

There is a sidecar gathering sept 15-19 at Amish Country Campsites on Rt62 in Winesburg Oh.

Someone will be willing to give you a ride. Plus there will be different rigs to look at.

I will be there thur - sun i won't have mine there as i'm still recovering from open heart.

If this doesn't work for you i am about an hour south east of you in Berlin Center. I have 2 Hitchhikers

and a Hannigan you can check out, sit in ask questions . I will be glad to answer any and all.

fly 

Posted : August 17, 2021 5:36 am
(@Redtail)
Topic starter

Sorry to be so long in replying.

Someone from ADV Rider gave me a ride Friday.  It was a hoot!  Better yet, he let me drive his rig around the parking lot of one of the Metroparks.  Yep, it's time for me to get one.

The gathering sounds like fun.  At this point, I'm planning on stopping by for at least a little bit depending on my work schedule and the weather.

Posted : August 29, 2021 7:48 am
(@peter-pan)

My rig may comment:

Welcome in this a bit offset community. Dogs love it, and sometimes mother's in law too. (mine rode until 91 in the tub)

Posted : August 30, 2021 8:02 am
(@anthony-thomas)

• I'm in Elyria. I have a 1997 Roadking with factory HD sidecar.Come on out,I'll take you for a spin sometime.440 759 5376.Text me ,it's the best way to reach me. It's also for sale.

Posted : September 8, 2021 2:49 pm
(@Anonymous)

Redtail, my wife and i will be at the gathering Thur. to Sun. morning. We are staying at a B&B about 15 minutes away. If i know when you will be there i will make sure to be there. Looking forward to meeting you.

fly

Posted : September 12, 2021 12:17 pm
(@Redtail)
Topic starter

Quote from Fly on September 12, 2021, 5:17 pm

Redtail, my wife and i will be at the gathering Thur. to Sun. morning. We are staying at a B&B about 15 minutes away. If i know when you will be there i will make sure to be there. Looking forward to meeting you.

fly

Thanks, Fly.

I'm hoping to go on Friday, but I have to play it by ear for now.

I sent you a PM with my contact information.

Posted : September 15, 2021 2:09 am