Notifications
Clear all

Fuel mileage

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@smitty901)
Topic starter

Just for fun little fuel mileage Discussion .

First my rig is a good size and some what heavy.  During this it was two up and loaded..   I have generally considered 31-33 MPG about right. I tend to roll on a bit fast and if the left lane is needed I use it. On this trip there was time to mess around. On the way to FL speed were high and seemed that the 31-33 was about right.

Ignore the start time on some if I set it the nigh before or ahead of time it can confuse you. Als number of stops. If you stop for any reason shut bike off and the start it it counts as a stop each time you do.

On Blue Ridge Park way speeds a low . We took out time and I made use of the down grades. 207 miles

Then 605 miles in the rain through TN,KY,IN and IL ran and auto tune the whole way. Stopped for the nigh.  Next morning straight home no rain nice 58 degrees. 227 miles.

Only time will tell but appears the auto brought the mileage up a fair amount.

Posted : May 29, 2022 10:16 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)

Please explain the autotune feature, my rig doesn't have that. 

Posted : May 29, 2022 12:50 pm
(@smitty901)
Topic starter

Quote from CCjon on May 29, 2022, 5:50 pm

Please explain the autotune feature, my rig doesn't have that. 

Some tuners have an auto tune feature. I have for years used Dynojet Power Vision tuners.  When I changed the cam,exhaust and Air cleaner.  Fuel moto supplied a very good tune to match. Load it bike ran like lighting. 

The auto tune will figure out changes then apply them to a tune you wish.

Posted : May 29, 2022 1:01 pm
(@aceinsav)

Glad to see you guys made it home safe and sound 

Posted : May 31, 2022 5:08 am
(@smitty901)
Topic starter

thank you it was a good trip. Hope we met again.

Posted : May 31, 2022 6:26 am