Notifications
Clear all

2006 Honda Goldwing w/Champion Daytona 2+2 sidecar

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@miles-ladue)
Topic starter

This is a preliminary notice that I am going to be selling my 2006 Honda Goldwing w/Champion Daytona 2+2 sidecar rig, shortly after I do some tire changes, fork seals, and new battery improvements to it.

This is the same sidecar rig that I was the original owner of....then sold it to Ned (DRONE) in 2020.....he owned it for 3 years and 6,000 miles, then I bought it back from Ned (DRONE) last November, with the idea/intent of shipping it to Germany, for our use on the Euro continent, and storage in Heidelberg, at Knopf Tours facility.

After vacillating back and forth 100 times over shipping it to Germany vs buying a Goldwing rig that is already over there, I have decided to buy one that is already there, and not deal with shipping a sidecar rig that is this WIDE.

Therefore, this is a heads up.....a preliminary notice...that this 2006 Honda Goldwing w/Champion Daytona 2+2 rig IS in fact coming up for sale.

I have a few things that I "politely" insist on doing to the rig before selling it, as I know it is going to need a new front tire, a new rear tire, I need to replace the front fork seals, change the fork oil, and will install a brand new battery in the bike, as a courtesy, as the old one (that still works fine) is close to 11 years old...it is a Shorai Lithium Iron battery....and STILL works perfectly, but as a precaution, and courtesy to the new owner of this rig, I will install a brand new battery.

The new Front Tire will be a Bridgestone BT-46...a 130/70-18...which is a motorcycle rear tire..and it will be installed backwards on the front wheel. The new Rear Tire will be a Bridgestone Driveguard Run Flat Car Tire...a 195/55-16..........and both of these new tires will have ceramic balance beads inside the tires to keep them balanced throughout their tire life.  Both front and rear wheel on this bike are also powder-coated a high gloss Black, which is a nice offset from the Titanium Silver paint of the bike. The sidecar tire IS a new tire, a Vredstein, that Ned (DRONE) had installed.

I have the new OEM Honda fork seals and dust caps in my shop, so I will replace those myself.

I also have a SPARE rear wheel, a OEM Honda Goldwing 1800 rear wheel, that comes with the bike for FREE.....use it as your needs develop.

This rig is located just south of Olympia, Washington, and a buyer can either fly into Seattle, where I can pick you up, and you drive this rig home to wherever home is, or......we can discuss/arrange for me to deliver this rig to your home...MYSELF.....either by me trailering it to you on my own trailer, or by driving it out to you, and flying home myself.

Price is not firmly set YET....I am discussing this rig privately with a few sidecarists that I personally know, and have made offers to them on buying it. But a general idea of price will be in the $ 14,000.00 range...and that is with ALL improvements/repairs/changes done to it prior to sale.

For those Honda Goldwing people..in-the-know....this is the Level 1 bike...Premium Sound System, so it did not come from Mother Honda with the Heated Seat, or the Navigation system, or the ABS brakes. It does have the Honda heated grips (not aftermarket...but Honda heated grips) as I installed those myself.

Mileage on the bike is...78,090....and on the Champion Daytona 2+2 sidecar is.....approx 13,000.

I will attest to this....this rig is put together correctly......has the EZ steer triple trees on the bike, the wiring has not been butchered, Champion did an excellent job attaching the sidecar to the bike (whilst I hide in the shadows and watched for 8 hours), and this bike performs like it is a Ferrari, at speeds that are illegal in 49 states. The engine, trans, and rear diff on this bike are flawless, been perfectly maintained since day # 1, and everything is up to date.

This bike also has a RDL seat on it, a Russell Day Long seat, that is embroidered....Million Mile Rider. Very comfortable seat for long rides.

For those wondering, I still have my 2019 Wing w/Hannigan Dream sidecar, which I will never sell. You can come get it after I am dead.

So....think about this rig...if you have any interest in buying an extremely well put together rig, that will still perform as well as Mother Honda wanted all her Goldwing children to perform, and has (I believe) the last Daytona 2+2 sidecar that Champion made.....this is that rig.

You can message me here, or e-mail to midliferider@aol.com

Two Million Mile Rider...All 7 Continents
Exploring the World in Comfort

Posted : April 7, 2024 6:18 am
(@big-tom)

Now that's an interesting offer.

How does the Outback like pulling the Bear Track with the rig on it?

Probably weighs a bit more than my Aluma and GW.

Posted : April 7, 2024 1:47 pm
(@smitty901)

When you are done with it put my trailer back in the yard.  I love my Bear Tracker for the sidecar.

Posted : April 7, 2024 2:48 pm
(@miles-ladue)
Topic starter

Big Tom, I  have to agree with  smitty901....I love my Bear Track BTU82120S trailer.  All aluminum, and I  believe  it weighs less than  your Aluma 210. 

My Outback is a  2019 Touring  model, with the 2.5 engine,  and has no problems at all  towing  this  trailer  with  a 1100 lb.  sidecar rig  on the  trailer. Total  weight of the  sidecar  rig and the  trailer is less than 1600 lbs.

Two Million Mile Rider...All 7 Continents
Exploring the World in Comfort

Posted : April 7, 2024 3:13 pm
(@ned)

In the 4th pic from the top, the one with the green and white house, zoom up that pic and look at the license plate on that black GMC SUV. It's a winner! 

Have owned 5 rigs but Rig #2 is my current one!

Posted : April 7, 2024 3:17 pm
(@dave-brakebill)

Never a dull moment with Ned! Love it.

Posted : April 8, 2024 10:45 am