Skip to content
Notifications
Clear all

2007 Road King

20 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@timo482)

in the past the brake parts are what cost the most, the parts are actually from one of the fxr line.

the small parts are essential - the stock brake pedal will not clear the sidecar frame

and the stock fluid resvour interferes with the sidecar frame

it came all in a box & will be listed in the manual once you receive it.

to

Posted : April 26, 2017 3:34 am
(@woodyambison)

This may help =
http://www.ultraboy.us/Harley%20Raked%20Triple%20Trees.pdf
I just did my '02 FLHTCUI using this guide.
Saved some cash and steers easy.
Works great. 😉

Posted : May 1, 2017 6:12 pm
(@ktfjammer)
Topic starter

Thank you everyone for all your help. I actually went to the Laughlin Motorcycle Run. Talked to a few people there. They are all saying things regarding the trailing of the bike. Looks like I am going to change the rake, longer forks, and make the suspension better. Thanks again

Posted : May 3, 2017 9:37 am
(@deanh)

Just saw this thread after being away for awhile.
So my .02 cents are this - been riding a bone stock 2000 Road King for 17 years with a bone stock Harley sidecar.
Unless you plan on really putting on miles - and I'm guessing with your situation that won't be the case - then I'd sure try out your bike with the sidecar mounted, with your son in it and then decide if you want to spend the $$$ for front end modifications.
I'll agree that it works out best to have it as a dedicated rig for no other reason than your tires, once worn in, will be a bit hinky if you go back to riding it solo.
However it works out be sure to have fun and I'm happy to hear your son gets so much joy out of this!

Posted : May 29, 2017 6:06 pm
(@roadglider)

I installed a 2000 car on my 2008 Roadking 3 years ago; With the experience you mentioned you can do this no problem. i agree that you should try the bike as is with the sidecar before expensive front end work. if you get the rig dialed in it will handle pretty well. i switch my car on and off so don't want to mess with the front end. As dean mentioned, i think you'd need to put on serious (touring) miles to go to the expense of the new front end. Anyway, you will have a blast with your rig! People love going for rides in it as will your son!
Good Luck

Posted : June 20, 2017 4:38 am
Page 2 / 2