Rigs in the Rockies...

Notifications
Clear all

Rigs in the Rockies 2022 National Rally July 7 through 10 Hotchkiss Colorado

86 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@NCGLSidecarist)

Just a β€œheads up”, contacted Mountain Valley Meadows about camping. They told me they only had 2 sites left and neither are full hookups. Water and electric only. Looking forward to seeing all of you in July!

Posted : February 12, 2022 12:34 pm
(@dirtydr)
Topic starter

Thanks for the heads up on the RV sites. Looks like we are getting a good turnout coming.

There is limited RV parking at the fairgrounds with potable water and electricity, no sewage dump. There is also free, unlimited, dry RV parking at the fairgrounds.

Dana

Posted : February 12, 2022 2:25 pm
Thane Lewis
(@thane-lewis)

Hey all!

I am getting an AirBNB site southwest of Hotchkiss that has more rooms than we need with several more beds.Β  If anyone is wanting to share the site, I'll add you to the reservation.

Link to the site

For those who remember us, we bought Nelson's Royal Star rig at last year's rally.Β 

Definitely looking forward to participating more this year!

Illegitemi non carborundum est!

Posted : February 23, 2022 6:10 am
(@dirtydr)
Topic starter

Did not want you all to think I forgot about this. Had to run down to the hardware store so I figured I would grab an ice cream cone at Taco Hut, chocolate, vanilla twist, and sat in the park at the fairgrounds to enjoy it. This will be the view from your tent at the rally, minus my van and most of the snow hopefully.

Posted : March 14, 2022 11:36 am
(@NCGLSidecarist)

Looking forward to seeing all of you this year. Looks like a great rally with lots of β€œgood stuff” we’re bringing our 2 sidecar dogs, Ginger is brand new to sidecaring. Bo is a long time rider. Ride safe! CC, we may beat your distance this year. We have to ride over 1400 mi. To get there. See you in Hochkiss Good Lord willing and the creeks don’t rise. Β Chuck and Ruth

Posted : March 21, 2022 7:24 am
(@dirtydr)
Topic starter

Look forward to seeing all four of you at the rally. It is shaping up to be a good time with a lot of scenic rides to take.

Dana

Posted : March 21, 2022 12:54 pm
(@NCGLSidecarist)

Thanks, same here. We’re planning to tour a lot of the area while we’re there. Denver, Colorado Springs and other places along the way. Should be a great trip!

Posted : March 21, 2022 10:10 pm
(@dirtydr)
Topic starter

Let me know if you have any questions abut Colorado, I am 4th generation here and there are not many places I am unfamiliar with.

Dana

Posted : March 23, 2022 3:14 am
(@rockymtnroadrash)

Welp I'm registered and I finally remembered to renew my USCA membership too.Β  Bandit comin' in hot eastbound!

Posted : April 4, 2022 7:23 am
(@dirtydr)
Topic starter

Looking forward to seeing you, and everyone of course.

Posted : April 5, 2022 12:23 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)

Kent Silk with Texas Sidecars has confirmed he and his crew will be at the rally. They will put on a Sidecar Alignment Tech Session for Rally attendees Saturday Morning.

Posted : May 1, 2022 5:47 pm
(@dirtydr)
Topic starter

Hot off the presses

Time for an update. I am working on a schedule but things are kind of fluid around here as far as road construction goes. CDOT is going to redo hwy 92, the main street through Hotchkiss. They are going to cut down 2 or 3 feet to completely rebuild the road and base. This is starting to happen now and they say they should be done by the end of June.

From CDOT;
"
Town of Hotchkiss

― CDOT PROJECT ANNOUNCEMENT
Reconstruction on Bridge Street and resurfacing for CO 92 Hotchkiss to Crawford begins this month
Public invited to attend open house on Tuesday, May 10
When: Tuesday, May 10 from 4-6 p.m.
Where: Town of Hotchkiss, City Council Chambers, 276 West Main St., Hotchkiss, CO
Please see Town of Hotchkiss website at townofhotchkiss.colorado.gov for the complete CDOT announcement.
DELTA COUNTY- The Colorado Department of Transportation and contractor United Companies are scheduled to begin a resurfacing project on Colorado Highway 92 from Hotchkiss to Crawford, Mile Points 19-31, the week of May 16. The project will reconstruct and resurface the downtown section of highway in Hotchkiss from east of Cedar Drive to west of 4th St. before moving southeast to Crawford with resurfacing on CO 92. Additional project work will include ADA ramp construction in Hotchkiss, guardrail replacement, sign replacement, and striping. Reconstruction work on Bridge Street will have traffic shifted to the northside while working on the southside. Speed limits through the work zone will be 25 mph. Once work is completed on the southside the work zone will shift to the northside. This work is anticipated to take about three weeks to finish. The project team is working to minimize traffic impacts on CO 92 during closures on US Highway 50. Crews will maintain two-way traffic on CO 92 through the end of June. Closures on US 50 between Montrose and Gunnison are anticipated through June, for work on the US 50 Little Blue Creek Canyon project. Resurfacing work for the CO 92 Hotchkiss to Crawford project is scheduled to start in July, once the US 50 closures have wrapped up. Once complete, the project will improve the drivability for motorists on this highly traveled route that is identified as part of the Colorado Scenic Byways program, West Elk Loop. Work is anticipated to be complete by mid September. To learn more about the project and how to get around town and access businesses during reconstruction in Hotchkiss, please join representatives from the project team for an open house:
When: Tuesday, May 10 from 4-6 p.m.
Where: Town of Hotchkiss, City Council Chambers, 276 West Main St., Hotchkiss, CO"

This should not affect the rally at all but may require some adjustments entering the fairgrounds, I will post up maps if necessary. If they have not completed the construction on US50 between Montrose and Gunnison then hwy 92 from Gunnison to Hotchkiss will be open and unaffected, If they have finished the construction between Montrose and Gunnison then hwy 92 construction between the two towns will be starting. This will make the hwy 92 trip something to probably be avoided. I know the roads around here well having dealt with them my whole life so there will just need to be some adjustments made and I will keep current reports on the boards with alternative routes if necessary.

Any questions or concerns please contact me but by all means this will not affect the rally, the show will go on as planned.

Your ever vigilant rally Master,

DanaΒ 

Posted : May 11, 2022 8:03 am
(@john-mccann)

Sounds like potential off road opportunities for those of us Ural’rs Β 

😎

Posted : May 11, 2022 2:15 pm
(@dirtydr)
Topic starter

There are plenty of off road trips I have laid out for you Ural folk.

Posted : May 11, 2022 5:29 pm
(@dirtydr)
Topic starter

CDOT has put up a website for the construction; https://www.codot.gov/projects/co92-hotchkiss-crawford-resurfacing?fbclid=IwAR0TqAk-nP6OoKtOdOEkYUtGz2-k2kkpLt5es3zV7qmK-2e78vz1-wSEV3k

If they are correct the section through Hotchkiss will be done before July 4th. That of course means the section of 92 between Crawford and Hotchkiss will be in full production mode. 92 from Hotchkiss to Gunnison is a great ride but if that was your intended route to the rally then just stay on 50 from Gunnison to Montrose and then to Delta, from Delta take 92 up to Hotchkiss. Nice ride also and not that much difference time wise.

Posted : May 14, 2022 2:58 am
Page 2 / 6