Notifications
Clear all

National Rally 2024 ideas & help

36 Posts
14 Users
4 Likes
(@aceinsav)
Topic starter

Hello all, I need help. as Regional Director I'm tasked with putting together the Rally for 2024. I am asking for any ideas or help to try to get this started. I'm still working full time and I'm finding it more than a little difficult to get the time during business hours to be able to make the contacts needed to put something together. I have waited long enough to ask for help or if someone out there has the time and is willing to take it this year, I will gladly pass the torch.Β 

Posted : February 28, 2023 7:35 am
(@aceinsav)
Topic starter

Sorry forgot to specify, it is scheduled for the South East RegionΒ 

Posted : March 1, 2023 2:34 am
(@dirtydr)

SOUTHEAST:Β The states of AL, FL, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN

There is a list of all of the regions under the Home tab, go to Constitution of the United Sidecar Association. About halfway down there is a list of what constitutes the seven regions.

This is a list of the rotation, I am not going to do the years because last year was supposed to be South East and they asked me if I could do it at the last minute in Hotchkiss so I am not sure where things are actually at. You know me and math 🤯:

Northwest-

Southeast-

North Central-

Southwest-

Northeast-

Midwest-

Β 

Posted : March 2, 2023 1:50 am
(@miles-ladue)

Quote from DirtyDR on March 2, 2023, 6:50 am

SOUTHEAST:Β I am not going to do the years because last year was supposed to be South East and they asked me if I could do it at the last minute in Hotchkiss so I am not sure where things are actually at. You know me and math 🤯:

And...DirtyDR....you did an excellent job at hosting the 2022 USCA National Rally in Hotchkiss, despite being attacked.....attacked I say...by a swarm of wasps.

Two Million Mile Rider...All 7 Continents
Exploring the World in Comfort

Posted : March 2, 2023 6:38 am
(@dirtydr)

Fool that I am I offered my services to Ace, I definitely have the time so why not see what trouble I can get in. This region covers a lot of territory but for some reason I keep coming back to the Blue Ridge Parkway. For those that have ridden it, it is a very relaxing ride and the countryside is beautiful. I have also done the Natchez Trace and it could be an area to base a rally around. Personally I prefer smaller county fairgrounds so I guess I have some research to do. Any ideas I would also welcome.

Dana

Posted : March 3, 2023 2:02 am
(@aceinsav)
Topic starter

Dana

I want to thank you for reaching out and offering your time to help

Posted : March 3, 2023 3:26 am
(@bschraeder2)

The first rally we ever attended was in Grand Father Mountain in 2007. It was a beautiful place. Of course a lot could have changed over the years but it was a rally we remembered with enjoyment. We definitely rode the Blue Ridge Parkway to get there. Sure would like to see a rally return to that area if possible.Β 

BelindaΒ 

Posted : March 3, 2023 4:47 am
(@miles-ladue)

Ace, and DirtyDR, I would ask one thing...POLITELY.....to give thought to the location in regards to somewhere that has less heat and humidity during the Summertime...in the Southeast of the USA. I realize that may be difficult, but some of us Northerners, and specifically those from The Great Pacific Northwest, would love to attend each and every USCA rally, year after year, decade after decade, but the heat and humidity of the Southeast makes it difficult to be comfortable.

Yes, I know, those that live in the far Southeast have to endure the weather at USCA rallies held in the Northeast, or in The Great Pacific Northwest, but they don't have to endure our wet and cold Winters, as the rallies are held during the Summer months....so the rallies north of the Mason-Dixon line are always...pleasant.

Please, just think about it.

Posted : March 3, 2023 6:58 am
(@aceinsav)
Topic starter

way ahead of you there, In my mind anyway.Β 

Posted : March 3, 2023 7:16 am
(@dirtydr)

That is why I am looking at places in the mountains, well what they call mountains out there. Part of the rally site rules are that they have to be at a time that is good for families, the main thing with that is after school is out for the Summer. You will never make everyone happy, Hotchkiss was hot and dry for the people from up in the Northern states but it was nice and comfortable for the Southern folks from Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and places East. The last rally at South Lake Tahoe was a little chilly for some folks. This is why they are rotated all over the country so everyone has a chance for a local rally in a climate they are used to. Personally I hate heat and humidity but the Midwest and Eastern rallies are still fun and that is what it is all about. Now if we could hold it every year in a place that was 45 - 50 degrees I would be ecstatic, being born and raised here in the Colorado mountains.

Dana

Posted : March 3, 2023 11:00 am
Thane Lewis
(@thane-lewis)
wpf_Moderator

Plus one vote for somewhere with mountains and not coastal.Β 

Illegitemi non carborundum est!

Posted : March 4, 2023 3:12 am
(@don)

Amen to that.Β  The Lowland rally near Hardeeville, SC was HOT!

Posted : March 6, 2023 7:57 am
(@miles-ladue)

Okay....ACE & DirtyDR, I think I have come up with THEE location, that should serve all our needs.

Little Switzerland, North Carolina, and more specifically theΒ  Switzerland Inn in Little Switzerland, North Carolina.

You all can do the research, check out the maps, etc.

The Switzerland Inn is closed right this minute, but their website shows it will open up on April 19th.

Maybe talk to them.....and RESERVE the entire resort....the ENTIRE Switzerland Inn....so that WE sidecar people have 100 percent of the lodge to ourselves, without being encumbered by "outsiders".

www.switzerlandinn.com

Oh.... you're welcome....and I 'm leaving in the morning to spend 6 weeks in all of the UK, Ireland, and Norway.....see ya.

Posted : March 10, 2023 12:45 pm
(@rogersfr)

I didn't see any camping capability at Switzerland Inn in Little Switzerland, NC when I looked at their website; maybe I just missed it, however.

Maybe you could try Ela Campground; 5100 Ela Rd (US 19 North); Bryson City, NC; it has cabins, numerous campsites, group camping rates, store, and a pavilion.Β  It is not far from the Blue Ridge Parkway, Wheels thru Time, the Dragon, the Cherohala Skyway, etc.

Posted : March 12, 2023 7:41 am
(@dirtydr)

Pretty sure that is way above our budget.

Posted : March 13, 2023 8:07 am
Page 1 / 3