Notifications
Clear all

2020 now 2021 USCA RALLY, MENA, ARKANSAS

124 Posts
28 Users
0 Likes
(@aceinsav)
wpf_Moderator

JR good to hear your on the mend, sorry to hear about Avanell but glad to hear she is getting better. I hope you can make the rally in Mena

we look forward to seeing you again.

Posted : January 13, 2020 7:28 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator
Topic starter

A question came up concerning the Free Camping listed in the Rally flyer.

Tents camping and campers not hooked up to utilities can stay on Iron Mountain during the rally for free. USCA is renting the entire facilities from CMA, including all the tent camping sites we need.

Non-USCA members are welcome at all USCA rallies. Two wheel riders are welcome too. We always have number of folks who stop in at the rallies who are thinking about maybe getting a rig. They want to talk with people who already own one. Great, come on in. Welcome...

However if you are planning to drop in on the rally and camp without registering for the rally, plan on paying the full daily rate to CMA Iron Mountain.

Free camping is one of the rally perks included in the rally fee, along with a great Southern Dinner, rally shirts, guided rides, dual sport trail rides, games, parade, sidecar show, valuable door prizes, awards, trophies, contests, drinks, snacks and... live music Friday night with a couple of pickers and grinners who have played the Grand Ole Opry... plus a surprise or two tossed in for good measure...

Reserve your spot now before they are all gone.

www.sidecar.com/2020rally/

Posted : January 19, 2020 1:52 pm
(@Anonymous)

Both on the mend. Pace-maker doing it's job. Go in Wed. to remove loop recorder.  Avanell  on the mend. Go in 3 times a week for therapy. Lots of at home exercises. Have full intentions of being in Mena. J.R.

Posted : January 21, 2020 6:24 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator
Topic starter

Whooo......... Wheee.............. already 50 persons signed up and paid for the 2020 Rally. Counting down four more months until Rally time...

Bike Show categories are firming up...

People's Choice Award - voted on by anyone and everyone in downtown Mena during the bike show. Anyone can wander thru the show, see the rigs and talk with the owners.

The following categories will be judged by a panel of experienced sidecarists.

Best Dual Sport Rig

Best Street Rig

Best URAL Rig

Best Vintage (pre-1960) Rig

Gonna be a great show. Ride, trailer or drag your rig to Mena and show it to fellow sidecarists who can appreciate a great set up.

Click here to register: https://sidecar.com/2020rally/

Posted : January 22, 2020 10:01 am
(@snookers)

I've committed, looking forward to this event.

See you at the Rally !!

Cheers

snookers

Posted : January 27, 2020 3:39 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator
Topic starter

In answer to a question that came up recently...
"Arkansas is one of the few states that does not require adults to wear a helmet. Instead, everyone on a motorcycle under the age of 21 must wear a helmet. If you're older than 21, you are not legally required to wear protective head gear.
However, all persons riding a motorcycle are legally required to wear eye protection."
That said, we highly recommend you wear a helmet as you will be spending most of your saddle time checking out the beautiful Ozark scenery and not looking at the winding road....
p.s. wildlife is abundant in the forest areas.

Posted : January 29, 2020 11:45 am
(@aceinsav)
wpf_Moderator

well I just took care of paying for the Rally for the wife and myself.

Posted : January 30, 2020 4:26 am
 taco
(@taco)

Great, looking forward to seeing you and your wife at Iron Horse.

Posted : January 31, 2020 12:15 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator
Topic starter

The 2020 Rally is shaping up to be huge. In the first month of registration over 70 persons signed up and paid their rally fee. Based on previous trends, that indicates a rally of close to 300 people will be in attendance. Four more months until the WAH-SHA-TAH Ramble.

Don't miss this sidecar event of 2020.

CCjon

Posted : February 1, 2020 12:27 pm
Thane Lewis
(@thane-lewis)
wpf_Moderator

Got our reservations made for one of the bunkhouses a while back and just got the actual rally registration completed.

Excited, I am!

Illegitemi non carborundum est!

Posted : February 13, 2020 6:34 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator
Topic starter

Nineteen states represented so far in the rally registration... numbers are building fast.

Cannot believe California has more people registered than Texas...

Any Longhorns listening?????  Better get with it...  Hook'm Horns

Posted : February 24, 2020 3:41 pm
(@EncoreJoe)

OK, 2 from Texas added!

The rally is on my birthday week and it sounds like a nice party! 🙂

I'm really looking forward to seeing all the rigs and meeting a group of folks to ride off into retirement with.

Posted : February 26, 2020 2:20 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator
Topic starter

Joe, you and a couple hundred sidecar owners will be in Arkansas the first weekend in June.  Over a hundred have already signed up for the 2020 National Rally.

Three more months to go. Make your plans now if you have not. Southwest Arkansas is rolling out the welcome mat.

Click here to register today: https://sidecar.brushfire.com/USCANationalRally2020/460255

Posted : March 5, 2020 7:54 pm
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator
Topic starter

For those wondering, we have not cancelled the 2020 Rally, however we are carefully monitoring the situation to see how and where it all goes. Really is too early for a June event to make any decision.

We will keep you posted if there are any changes .

CCjon

Posted : March 15, 2020 2:39 pm
(@aceinsav)
wpf_Moderator

Thanks, I was just about to ask about it. I know we are watching everything unfold as well.

Posted : March 16, 2020 3:12 am
Page 3 / 9