2020 now 2021 USCA ...

Notifications
Clear all

2020 now 2021 USCA RALLY, MENA, ARKANSAS

124 Posts
28 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

bathroom for mine is 40ft. away.  I called last week he was at home said we would lock it in first thing Monday.   so I guess it's a bunkhouse Don.

Dave

Posted : November 12, 2019 10:46 am
(@swampfox)

Quote from Tax Man on November 12, 2019, 8:33 am

...I'm interested in knowing why such a large runway in so remote an area.

There are several area businesses refurbishing aircraft:  http://menaairport.com/aservices.php

Might also take a look here for some additional history about the Lil' Ol' Airstrip in Arkansas

Lee
MB5+TW200+CRF250L+GTV300+INT650
XL883R w/Texas Ranger Sidecar
Zuma 50F + Burgman w/Texas Sidecar<Mrs. SwampFox

Posted : November 12, 2019 3:04 pm
(@don)

Yikes!  Is Lil Ol Airstrip in Arkansas at all factual?  It reads like a fictional novel in which the locations and names are real, but the story line is invented.

Posted : November 13, 2019 4:40 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi All:

We have reservations also.  Don mentioned flying in to the Mena airport which stirred up some memories from when we lived in Texarkana.  Mena had a bad reputation at that time due to some nefarious activities going on at the Mena airport.  Just for the fun of it do a search on Crime in Mena.  There are 10+ pages of information on what went on.  Just a sidenote.  The Clintons' were involved.  Imagine that!!

Will Short

Posted : November 13, 2019 12:41 pm
(@labill)

I made my reservations today.  Got the last pull through.

This will be my first attendance.  Do I need to register with the association?

labill

Posted : November 18, 2019 8:50 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator
Topic starter

labill, to answer your question, Yes, you need to register with USCA for the rally.  That registration will open January 1, 2020. More details to follow......

When you said you got the last pull-thru, I called Iron Mountain. They informed me you got the last pull-thru in the lower RV section. They have now opened the upper RV section with 54 more spots.

So folks, don't panic, there are more RV/Camper spots with full hook ups at the rally site. Tent campers with or without electricity don't have to make reservations, Iron Mountain has hundreds of tent sites under the trees, at least half of which have electric hook ups.

Posted : November 19, 2019 12:02 pm
Thane Lewis
(@thane-lewis)
wpf_Moderator

After a little kerfluffle, we have a room in Bunkhouse #1 for the duration of the Rally!

Really looking forward to meeting likeminded hooligans!

Illegitemi non carborundum est!

Posted : November 22, 2019 8:36 am
(@kent-silk)

For those members that like to use Facebook we have a group on Facebook for the 2020 Rally.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/768171374010135/?ref=share

Posted : December 2, 2019 5:49 pm
(@Anonymous)

let's welcome back Kent Silk, he's been away from sidecar.com for 7 years.  and our election chair for the USCA 2020 election.

Dave president USCA

Posted : December 3, 2019 1:05 am
(@aceinsav)
wpf_Moderator

welcome back Kent

a couple of us are going to be coming up for the entire week, I just wanted to see if anyone else might be thinking the same way. we want to be able to do a little riding and sight seeing before the rally. we will be arriving the Sunday before so if your thinking of coming up early let me know. we can put together a loose itinerary of things everyone would like to do and then just go with the flow. no schedules no timelines just enjoy the fellowship and beautiful scenery we are going t0 be surrounded by.

Posted : December 10, 2019 10:54 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator
Topic starter

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

Well, I got what I wanted in my Christmas stocking....

the 2020 Rally registration link is up and running. 

Go here to register:  https://sidecar.com/2020rally/

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Mena, Arkansas the first weekend in June.

Posted : December 24, 2019 5:37 pm
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator
Topic starter

A  Happy belated New Year,  folks, 

Rally registration is off and running. It's the first week of January and already we have over two dozen persons registered and paid.  Thank you.

Remember to make your camping - housing - motel reservations  early. This will be a busy June weekend in Mena. 

Go here to make your rally reservation: https://sidecar.com/2020rally/

Posted : January 5, 2020 8:15 pm
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator
Topic starter

Over three dozen people are already registered for the 2020 rally, coming from 13 different States. Here it is only the first week of January, is forming up to be a fantastic rally.

Don't regret missing this one! 

Go here to make your rally reservation: https://sidecar.com/2020rally/

Posted : January 12, 2020 4:54 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi Jon. I have been pretty quite for awhile due to problems.  I am about well,got my pace-maker 10 weeks ago. Wed. before Thanksgiving,Avanell fell and shattered right shoulder. Got metal brace screwed and penned together. 3 days a week for therapy.  Starting to show improvements. Got full intention of being at Mena for rally. Been there for CMA rally and up on the mountain for CASA meetings. Hope to see a lot of people there. Really a bike friendly town and lots of good riding,  J.R.

Posted : January 12, 2020 9:11 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator
Topic starter

Hey, J.R. have been missing your voice here. Praying Avanell continues her recovery and we see you both in Mena.

Both my sister in law and brother in law had pacemakers, lived another 15 years with them. Amazing devices. I've had bikes that could have used a pacemaker...

Jon

Posted : January 12, 2020 4:07 pm
Page 2 / 9