Notifications
Clear all

2016 rally

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Tenative 2016 rally in Hotchkiss Colorado. My map shows it to be in western co. Looks like about 100 miles se of Grand Juncton. Best I can do right now. J.R. Sec. Tex rep

Posted : June 28, 2014 1:21 pm
(@Txart)

Great -- will get to see parts of Colorado I have not seen before

Posted : June 30, 2014 4:57 pm
(@dirtydr)

Hotchkiss is 20 miles East of Delta, CO on Hwy 92. Delta is 40 miles SSE of Grand Junction, CO on Hwy 24.

There will be lots of great riding from snow at 10,000' plus up on Grand Mesa to desert riding just West of Delta. Moab, UT is 100 miles West of Grand Junction if you want a great day trip. As a 4th generation Coloradoan and a motorcycle rider for 40 plus years there are not many places in Colorado I have not been and I have a long list of rides laid out that I am sure will entertain everyone. Hotchkiss is smack in the middle of Colorado wine country and there are a lot of winerys around for those who are partial to the grape.

Enough of Colorado lets make next years rally in Sturgis a great one first then we can see what trouble we can cause in Colorado.

Dana

Posted : August 23, 2014 5:42 am
(@Joe-Kelly)

Is there a date yet, it can get warm this time of the year.

Posted : July 1, 2015 3:55 pm
(@dirtydr)

I will start a specific thread for the rally shortly since there have been a few threads already started by various people and it would be best to have one 'official' thread.

2016 Rigs In The Rockies Rally will be in Hotchkiss, CO at the Delta County Fairgrounds starting Thursday, July 7th and ending Sunday, July 10th.
http://www.deltacounty.com/255/Fairgrounds

It can get in to the 90s and it can get down to the 70s. It is unusually hot right now in the mid to high 90s but it still gets into the 50s at night. As it warms up the humidity drops and today should be mid 90s with less than 20% humidity. We still have some mountain passes that are just now opening up from Winter's snow and if you take a 30 mile ride from Hotchkiss up the Grand Mesa you can still find some of that snow to play in.

Posted : July 2, 2015 5:19 am