Notifications
Clear all

2015 Rally

16 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

I started pff with a bang. Date for 015 rally is June 25-28,NOT the weekend before as I first reported. There will be a Bluegrass festival there at the same time. No one see's a problem except the Bluegrass lady. She thinks motorcycles,children,dogs etc. are not compatable with her festival. Campground people think all is well. J.R. Sec. Tex rep.

Posted : June 26, 2014 1:15 am
(@jaydmc)

When my wife Tara and I hosted the national rally in Washington state we hired a Blue Grass band. All but one person liked having Blue Grass at the event. The one person who complained did so saying they came all the way from Kentucky only to find Blue Grass. I suspect they were just tired of Blue Grass. Kids really like the Blue Grass band (thank you Mark "pea's and corn")
Jay G
DMC sidecars
www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793

Posted : June 26, 2014 5:30 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

From Will's report,the only person not on board with the idea was the lady in charge of the bluegrass assn. Apparently she didn't like sharing the park with kids,dogs and bikers. People that run the park are happy with the idea. Sounds good to me. J.R. Sec. Tex rep

Posted : June 27, 2014 5:37 am
 VLAD
(@vlad)

What is the location?

Posted : July 1, 2014 4:42 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Loction is Elkview campground About 5 miles from Sturgis S.D. Will have more as I get it. J.R. Sec. Tex rep

Posted : July 1, 2014 2:05 pm
(@pbrowne)

See: http://www.elkviewcampground.com/

Posted : July 2, 2014 9:27 am
(@ural-driver)

Beautiful campground. 2015 is the 75 anniversary of Sturgis. Early bird tickets start July 27!!! I am guessing over 500.000 plus attending. You will be lucky to make out of town. Not for me. Ural driver.

Posted : July 2, 2014 10:33 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

USCA rally is June. Month and a half before Bike week. Should be a bit calmer then. J.R. Sec. Tex rep

Posted : July 3, 2014 3:05 am
(@ural-driver)

My error. Summer is so short I get all the months mixed up. Thanks JR.

Posted : July 3, 2014 4:30 am
(@Anonymous)

Thanks J.R. for doing some of our leg-work for us. We knew that 2015 would be a busy summer and Ural Driver is right. We expect a half million "bikers" in the hills. That is why we purposely avoided late July for our rally. The other problem is that the campgrounds and motels make their years revenue during the Sturgis rally - meaning the prices are outrageous - and they get the prices from people who sign up a year ahead of the next rally. We didn't want to do that to our fellow USCA folks. We have a good venue. We are including the Bluegrass Festival in our rally. The folks at the Elkview are tickled pink that we are coming the same weekend as the Festival. They can handle 10 times the number of people that the Bluegrass Festival and the Monumental Rally (2015 USCA National Rally) will constitute. They have a big facility that can handle 1000 campers, mostly in tent sites but those of us who find the ground too hard there are over 100 RV sites - 80+ with full hook-ups. We will have an area of our own with a shower house and rest rooms to ourselves. There are shaded tent sites with electricity for CPAP's. Click on the link provided above to connect to the Elkview Campground website. Watch Harold Short's postings for more details.

Posted : August 4, 2014 5:35 pm
(@96flgeez)

jwshort - 8/4/2014 10:35 PM

Thanks J.R. for doing some of our leg-work for us. We knew that 2015 would be a busy summer and Ural Driver is right. We expect a half million "bikers" in the hills. That is why we purposely avoided late July for our rally. The other problem is that the campgrounds and motels make their years revenue during the Sturgis rally - meaning the prices are outrageous - and they get the prices from people who sign up a year ahead of the next rally. We didn't want to do that to our fellow USCA folks. We have a good venue. We are including the Bluegrass Festival in our rally. The folks at the Elkview are tickled pink that we are coming the same weekend as the Festival. They can handle 10 times the number of people that the Bluegrass Festival and the Monumental Rally (2015 USCA National Rally) will constitute. They have a big facility that can handle 1000 campers, mostly in tent sites but those of us who find the ground too hard there are over 100 RV sites - 80+ with full hook-ups. We will have an area of our own with a shower house and rest rooms to ourselves. There are shaded tent sites with electricity for CPAP's. Click on the link provided above to connect to the Elkview Campground website. Watch Harold Short's postings for more details.

Can we attend without a sidecar? My spouse has ridden a trike since 2005 and I have intended on Hacking up for Murphy since APR 2014, but without success. We would like to attend, but, do not want to offend without a Hack. We rode out to The Black Hills Rally in 2011 with many friends from the Patriot Guard in Virginia serving Arlington National Cemetery. I do understand the distinction among three wheel riders, but wish to begin my transition to three wheel from inline. In spite of previous correspondence, I am seriously interested in my transition to hack riding.

DWP

Posted : January 17, 2015 10:35 pm
(@swampfox)

96flgeez - 1/18/2015 3:35 AM

Can we attend without a sidecar?....

Sure you can. We have a few two-wheeling friends down in our area that regularly attend our local sidecar gatherings. Why? Cause sidecar folks tend to be a interesting blend of individual personalities.

Lee
MB5+TW200+CRF250L+GTV300+INT650
XL883R w/Texas Ranger Sidecar
Zuma 50F + Burgman w/Texas Sidecar<Mrs. SwampFox

Posted : January 18, 2015 3:39 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Hi. Bring on your trike. We welcome all forms of riding. In the past we have had Can Ams,trikes,2 wheelers, etc. I don't recall any uni cycles,but bring them on. Some of us because of age,distance,or for what ever reason even choose to trailer our rigs. I can assure you that you will be welcome. Thanks for your interest. Would even be nice to see one of the new slingshots.
J.R.
Sec.
Tex. rep.

Posted : January 18, 2015 3:47 am
(@dirtydr)

I will have to bring one or two of my unicycles with me this year just so you can not say that any more J.R.

Posted : January 18, 2015 6:01 am
(@Bobby44)

"Cause sidecar folks tend to be a interesting blend of individual personalities." My lady reads this and says "Oh yeah. Should have known".
We will see you there.

Posted : March 3, 2015 5:47 pm
Page 1 / 2