2015 Monumental USC...

Notifications
Clear all

2015 Monumental USCA Rally

271 Posts
46 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Hey Folks - we have a ton of pictures for the Sidecarist but we need a report. I would like to not have to write this one. I will have to do an article every month and a "State of The Club" report soon but I would like someone else's perspective on the rally. Thanks!!

Posted : July 4, 2015 8:08 am
(@Fortune)

Hi Chief, I have sent pictures to Martin and will have a report out to him by Monday. However I am short of names and home towns of attendees. Pilot error while using my new Iphone6. I'm sure Martin will appreciate everyone's efforts on a report.

Del Lonnquist #8504

Posted : July 4, 2015 8:15 am
(@Fortune)

I did complete a rally report on my BLOG. If anyone is interested in that story go to: www.RightLaneAmerica.com
Del Lonnquist #8504

Posted : July 4, 2015 8:19 am
(@Anonymous)

Thanks Del!! The Sidecarist will come by me for final editing. I will see if I can fill in some blanks.
And easy with this Chief stuff 🙂 (That is supposed to be smiley Face)

Posted : July 4, 2015 11:25 am
(@Joe-Kelly)

Started working on the KLR and it is not a blown spark plug it is in the engine, I have ordered a manual and will start the tear down when it comes. Any way no matter what went wrong I will be sending it up to get the 705 kit, larger valves and performance cams. 🙂

Posted : July 4, 2015 2:26 pm
(@johnnieg2756)

Will,
When will the pics taken at the faces be on this form?
Johnnie

Posted : July 6, 2015 3:10 pm
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator

Joe Kelly - 7/4/2015 6:26 PM

Started working on the KLR and it is not a blown spark plug it is in the engine, I have ordered a manual and will start the tear down when it comes. Any way no matter what went wrong I will be sending it up to get the 705 kit, larger valves and performance cams. 🙂

Joe, enjoyed meeting you and seeing your KLR at the rally. You have many great farkles and mods on that rig. Please let us know what you find as the problem with the motor... maybe you can start a new thread in the Technical section so other KLR owners can learn from your experience.

CCjon

Posted : July 7, 2015 5:30 am
(@Anonymous)

Harold would be the best guy to answer this question - but i will try. The way I understand it Al is setting up a website where all the pics are going to be appearing. In an email I had from Harold this morning it looks like the files of pics are so big from some of other photogs that were among us. Al will give the signal when his website is ready.

Posted : July 7, 2015 6:58 am
(@al-olme)

The first batch of photos [the ones with the Rushmore faces] are ready on www.stickybunny.com

Posted : July 7, 2015 11:26 am
(@don)

There seems to be circularity in this. I went to www.stickybunny.com and clicked on Monumental Rally and arrived back here. I tried again with the same result.

Posted : July 8, 2015 5:53 am
(@96flgeez)

Using my mobile, I found the pics after hitting the "MENU" and then "Rushmore pics". Nice shots. We were not there.

Attached files

Posted : July 8, 2015 8:56 am
(@96flgeez)

Al, there is a search response to www.stickybunny.com that has "search a thread... Monumental Rally ." It does loop right back to this thread. The only way I can get to the photos is to click the link in the earlier post.

Posted : July 8, 2015 11:25 am
(@wingincamera)

Thank you Will Short and all your volunteers for their hard work to put on a great rally. This was our first national rally and we had a great time. This was my wife’s first trip to South Dakota and she was really looking forward to seeing Mt Rushmore and the surrounding area.

We left home in Spanaway, WA on June 20 and arrived at our hotel in Deadwood, SD on the 24th. We took mostly secondary roads, with a slight detour into WY to ride over Beartooth Pass.
We took in some of the other tourist locations in the area, toured the roads around Rushmore, and of course the Rally itself.

The heat started affecting my wife and we spent Saturday afternoon taking it easy and headed home Sunday morning. Our original plans were to ride the “Going to the Sun Highway” in Glacier Park, but because of the temperature we skipped that. We rode north from Deadwood and took secondary roads to Helena, MT to visit a few days with my wife’s sister before riding on home.

We had been looking forward to getting home to the moderate temperatures of western Washington, but someone turned on the heat. Washington was having a heat wave too, with record temperatures.
In all, we put on 3,527 miles round trip, using 107 gallons of gas at an average of 33 MPG, and miles of smiles. Even if was hot, miles of smiles.

I took a few photos while on the trip, which are posted on my Zenfolio photo site at:
http://wingincamera.zenfolio.com/2015_monumental-sidecar-rally
The photos are separated into seven albums.

If anyone wants to copy or share any of the photos, just move your mouse pointer over the left side of a photo and a drop down menu will appear with options.

Will & Suzette Edwards
Spanaway, WA.

Posted : July 9, 2015 8:01 pm
(@hhshort)
Topic starter

Thank You Will. You accomplished what I have not been able to get done. I had hoped to set up a situation where members could down load a file and have it printed. I don't think you can download a file from zenfolio which make sense because they are in the business of selling prints. The prices of prints of various sizes on zenfolio seem reasonable to me.

SOOOO MEMBERS Will has invited you to look at and buy his pictures. This is the source of you rally pictures.

Posted : July 10, 2015 8:24 am
(@hhshort)
Topic starter

PS There is a thread "pictures from the monumental rally in SD" There are some down loadable files there.

Posted : July 10, 2015 8:29 am
Page 16 / 19