46 Users
0 Likes
(@al-olme)

m

Attached files

Posted : July 10, 2015 9:17 am
(@hhshort)
Topic starter

Thank You Al. This is what we promised and all we promised. There are plenty of other rally pictures here and there that can be downloaded if members wish.

Printing Hint. Since it is a bit of a panorama I used letter sized photo paper and unchecked the Fit to size box in the printer window and I have a very good image.

Posted : July 10, 2015 11:11 am
(@wingincamera)

Concerning my photos posted at Zenfoilo, I just changed the download options to allow full resolution download. I had forgotten to change it when first uploaded. Now if you want a print you can either have Zenfolio print it and mail it to you, or just download the original file and print it yourself or send it to any printing service you like. Personally, I like the results I get from Coscto printing, if that is a option.

Will Edwards

Posted : July 10, 2015 1:33 pm
(@hhshort)
Topic starter

Thanks for opening that up for us.

Thanks, Will, for opening up the option of doing a download. BTW I have tried several times to get a good picture of tunnel with the faces. The best I have done was a picture that was in the Sidecarist with a good exposure of the faces and the tunnel under exposed with no detail. You just caught enough sun shining into the opening to show tunnel detail. Good Shot

Posted : July 10, 2015 3:35 pm
(@Anonymous)

I tried to save the Mt. Rushmore group picture and got a null instead of a picture. What am I doing wrong?

Posted : July 10, 2015 5:48 pm
(@wingincamera)

Hi Will, concerning the download problem (with two Will's this can be confusing).
If you are referring to my photos at Zenfolio I am not sure what your are referring to. There are some buttons on the right upper side of the screen (Buy, Share, others) but I would ignore these. When looking at the photos in a particular folder, just click on a selected photo to select it to a single larger photo. After doing this, move your mouse pointer over the left upper side of the photo and the drop down menu will appear giving you several options. One of the options is to download the original file, it will also give you the size of the file. One of the other options is to "share" the photo. Use the Share to directly on social medial sites, or the "Direct Link To Images" to link different size files to message boards.
Hopefully this will solve any problems.
http://wingincamera.zenfolio.com/2015_monumental-sidecar-rally

Concerning the different albums on the site. The Town of Waitsburg is a small little town in SW Washington that caught our attention enough to stop long enough to take some photos. Beartooth Pass is photos from this pass in Wyoming with a elevation of 10,947 feet. I forgot to take a photo of the GPS info showing the elevation, but there was a couple of other lower passes that I also captured. Devils Tower folder speaks for itself. Wonderland Cave is one of the tourist stops we went through. Mt Rushmore album, well our visit at Rushmore. Sidecars at the Rally also speaks for itself, and so does the album "Roads around Mt Rushmore" which includes the Needles highway and Iron Mountain highway.

Posted : July 10, 2015 8:28 pm
(@al-olme)

I'm not sure you'e doing anything wrong. I'm seeing very odd behavior from the website with the larger files. I suggest that you click the link at the bottom of the post rather than the image. That worked for me.

Posted : July 11, 2015 7:01 am
(@hhshort)
Topic starter

I have downloaded all three Group pictures and printed with no problems. All have made good 8x10s. Tried calling Bro Will but no answer. Opps He has company to day. Harold

Posted : July 11, 2015 7:17 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi Will (the other Will):
I did as you instructed and got a picture that had a very large file. It gave me the option of downloading. I did that but I don't know where it downloaded to.

You have some very good pics of the Mt. Rushmore experience - Except I seem to be digging in my side pocket. At least the bike was photogenic.

Thanks for all the pics. As they say in the South "Ya done good"

Posted : July 11, 2015 6:21 pm
(@Anonymous)

I received this email from Laura Klock in response to the check I sent to them for Helping With Horsepower. It ended up being $900.

Hi Will!
What a great surprise to open the envelope I received in the mail today! THANK YOU for your generous donation to Helping With Horsepower! And for the extra for gas. That wasn't necessary at all. We completely enjoyed our time there. I was shocked by how many different types of sidecars there are. Ironically enough, we visited Indian of Sturgis before we headed back, and I looked at a sidecar there for my Chieftain. If I go ahead with it, I will certainly send you some photos!
You're a really great group of people, and we were honored to be invited to your event.

Thank you so much. Bless you.

Posted : July 13, 2015 4:41 pm
(@wingincamera)

Will there be any high resolution photos available of single sidecar photos taken from the top of the garage where the group pictures was taken?

Posted : July 14, 2015 11:25 am
(@wingincamera)

This probably has nothing to do with the rally itself. Before we left on the trip my wife had purchased a little minion whom she named Bob. She used her cell phone to take photos as Bob made his way across the country & return and posted them on her facebook page. If anyone is interested, I created another photo album just for Bob and could be found here: http://wingincamera.zenfolio.com/bob-the-minion

Posted : July 14, 2015 3:30 pm
(@johnnieg2756)

I was wondering the same thing about the pics. If anyone knows I would appreciate where to go to down load them.
Johnnieg

Posted : July 28, 2015 10:46 am
(@don)

I'd like to see the parking ramp top pictures too. When I tried to go to the site Al had given I was unable to get to the right place to find them. I guess I'm doing something wrong.

Posted : July 31, 2015 4:53 am
(@hhshort)
Topic starter

ME TOO GUYS!!!! Will has them on a chip, He got them from Al at the BMWMOA Rally, and he is still on a vacation trip and will not but home until after the Sturgis rally is over. (He is trying to avoid the roar and mayhem of a million riders. South Dakota only has 750,000 residents) When I get them I will post the group pictures on the forum and I will send the individual pictures in full file to any that request them.

Posted : July 31, 2015 5:36 am
Page 17 / 19