2015 Monumental USC...

Notifications
Clear all

2015 Monumental USCA Rally

271 Posts
46 Users
0 Likes
(@don)

Thanks, Harold. Did Will tell you that Jane and I will be out to the Black Hills sometime in the August 22-25 time period. I'll get together with Will to go bank hopping to get signatures on accounts at US Bank and to add Dana to the Wells Fargo Rally Account. Since we missed you at Spearfish, and you were busy at the USCA rally perhaps we can get together for dinner.

We are riding out with four other couples from our GWRRA chapter.

Posted : July 31, 2015 6:22 am
(@al-olme)

I finally found a free host that can take the pictures at full resolution and anyone can download. You can also get prints right there at Shutterfly. If you buy from them you are adding to Minnesota's local economy...Thank You.

ALL the pictures are at https://uscarally2015.shutterfly.com/. Some are mine and some were taken by others. Yes, I know that there are some duplicates... just ignore them.

They are free to all and if you have pictures you want to add, contact me and I'll give you a password for the site.

Posted : July 31, 2015 10:55 am
(@Anonymous)

Al, thanks for posting the pics. Those of us who can't get out really appreciate.
fly

Posted : August 1, 2015 5:25 am
(@Joe-Kelly)

It was a long hot summer so I just started to tear down the KLR and found bent valves, so far no one knows why I maybe the frist with this problem. Ant way sending it of to M-Tech for the 705 kit. Should be up and running for Colorardo.

Attached files

Posted : November 13, 2015 1:54 pm
(@Joe-Kelly)

Bent valves don't know why but and sending everything up to M-Tech for the 705 kit.

Attached files

Posted : November 13, 2015 1:59 pm
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator

Bent valves???? That's a first.

Got my KLR rig up and running, plan to take it to Colorado too. Thanks for letting me steal some of your mod ideas. See you there.

Posted : November 13, 2015 2:27 pm
(@Rush-n-Ride-r)

Just a note on the topic of local beer. For those of you who travel with a Growler there is a small brewery in Paonia, the next town over. I've always found a full one makes the campsite so much more like home. 😉

Posted : February 3, 2016 6:16 am
(@ned)

George, this thread is all about the 2015 Rally. 2015!

The thread for the 2016 rally is here -- 2016 USCA Rigs In The Rockies Rally

Revolution Brewing is indeed located in Paonia, about a 13-minute ride from the 2016 rally HQ (according to Google.)

Have owned 5 rigs but Rig #2 is my current one!

Posted : February 3, 2016 8:59 am
(@tx2sturgis)

I wonder if Joe ever got this rig running again?

Posted : July 25, 2016 1:37 pm
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator

Didn't see Joe in Hotchkiss this year, so........... ??

Posted : July 25, 2016 2:20 pm
(@tx2sturgis)

Hey CC Jon!

I haven't seen any posts from you over on SS for a while...

It was fun last year meeting you and all the gang....this year I'll be at Sturgis with my Ural Solo.

Yeah I often wonder how that all turned out for Joe, what a super guy.

Take care Jon!

Posted : July 29, 2016 6:16 am
(@Joe-Kelly)

tx2sturgis - 7/25/2016 6:37 PM

I wonder if Joe ever got this rig running again?

Yep it up and running, now a 705 with cams and carb work all done. I only cost about $3,000. The doohickey failed and the balance chain slapped around and caused the cam chain to jump and that is what bent the valves, so fix those doohickey's before it is too late.

I had a stroke the 1st of June so I had to miss Hotchkiss but still waiting on my t-shirts That I had ordered.

Thanks for asking, Joe

Posted : July 29, 2016 9:13 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator

Moved on to a different pasture after I sold Da'mit the URAL. Bought, rode and sold Da'mu the killer whale GoldWing rig.

Now playing with a KLR650 cargo rig while Claude builds me a serious RTW Vstrom sidecar camper, though I most likely won't go RTW. Trans-Canada - Alaska would be a nice shake-down loop.... in 2017?

Next years USCA rally will be in Corning, NY, guaranteed to be cooler than Hotchkiss...

Posted : July 29, 2016 12:38 pm
(@Marine-By-Choice)

Here is a suggestion for breaking in the new rig. There is a new road being constructed north on Inuvik, NWT to Tuktoyaktuk, NWT. I am considering a June or July trip to ride it in 2017.

In addition, the road is a key supply line for Tuktoyaktuk and the hamlet of Aklavik. It is part of the Dempster Highway. The rest of the Dempster Highway is on land and can be driven on through the summer. Construction of an all-weather highway between Inuvik and Tuktoyaktuk commenced in April 2013.
Tuktoyaktuk Winter Road - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wikipedia › wiki › Tuktoyaktuk_Winter...
Feedback
About this result •

Posted : July 29, 2016 1:29 pm
(@al-olme)

There was a request to unfreeze this thread so it has been done. That said, if you want to have a lengthy discussion, particularly one that really isn't about the 2015 rally, maybe it would be a good idea to move it to a better place. No one looking for threads about burnt valves will come looking for it here.

Posted : July 29, 2016 4:45 pm
Page 18 / 19