Skip to content
Latest Sidecarist M...

Notifications
Clear all

Latest Sidecarist Magazine is published! (Nov/Dec 2023)

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@webmaster)
Admin
Topic starter

The latest Sidecarist magazine, volume 47, issue 6 (Nov/Dec 2023) has been mailed out (or about to be)!

As a sneak preview for members, and an introduction and sample of the magazine for prospective new members, here is the cover and contents. The Sidecarist Magazine is one of the benefits of being a member of the United Sidecar Association (USCA). To sign up go to https://sidecar.com/usca-membership/  

Jerry M
Webmaster

Jerry
I fly (and ride) to free my mind from the tyranny of petty things. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Posted : November 2, 2023 9:10 am
(@reardan-tom)

Received my copy on Friday. Was a pleasure to see some friends in one of the articles, Dale and Susan, and Drone. 

Posted : November 19, 2023 12:49 pm
(@miles-ladue)

Don't know why it has taken me this long to post how much I really liked the article about Kent Silk, Texas Sidecar Company, the NEW DMC Sidecars now in Texas as part of the TSC/DMC family of sidecars.

Very impressed with what Kent Silk has done, and brings to this sidecar community.

Having read the article 3.14159 times, (okay...several times) I feel compelled to reserve a room at their historic old home/mansion, and spend a few days touring the area, and seeing the facilities at TSC/DMC.

Congrats to Kent Silk & Family, and all their employees, for stepping UP for this sidecar community.

Two Million Mile Rider...All 7 Continents
Exploring the World in Comfort

Posted : December 10, 2023 5:48 am
(@scott-h)

Quote from FlyingMonkeys on December 10, 2023, 10:48 am

Don't know why it has taken me this long to post how much I really liked the article about Kent Silk, Texas Sidecar Company, the NEW DMC Sidecars now in Texas as part of the TSC/DMC family of sidecars.

Very impressed with what Kent Silk has done, and brings to this sidecar community.

Having read the article 3.14159 times, (okay...several times) I feel compelled to reserve a room at their historic old home/mansion, and spend a few days touring the area, and seeing the facilities at TSC/DMC.

Congrats to Kent Silk & Family, and all their employees, for stepping UP for this sidecar community.

As a newb to the sidecar world it is definitely cool to gain insight on the passion people like Kent have.  

Enjoyed the entire magazine, as all the articles had items that held my interest.  🙂  Well, except for some guy named Miles who skipped out on breakfast due to a not being on the North American Continent at the time. lol 😉

Hold my keyboard and watch this! 🙃

Posted : December 10, 2023 8:20 am
(@dirtydr)

It is a great article and I will be down there for the eclipse party in April. I have a room already booked in Fairfield for four days, no tenting for me this trip. I have already been to TSC in Donie twice but can't wait to see the new DMC Texas digs.

Everything needs more pictures.

Posted : December 10, 2023 9:35 am
 MGV8
(@mgv8)

Guess what showed up in the Mail today..  Yeah yeah, Canada post is a tad slow.. LOL.  Now to have a lazy morning enjoying a slow read. 

Posted : December 18, 2023 8:03 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator

MGV8, glad you got your Nov-Dec Sidecarist, just as we are putting the Jan-Feb issue to print. If it makes any difference, our Cuban Rep receives his Sidecarist six months after mailing. 

Wonder how long it takes for Peter Pan in Costa Rica to receive his Sidecarist? 

USCA members are spread out, not just all in the lower 48 either.

Posted : December 18, 2023 9:32 am
 MGV8
(@mgv8)

Not complaining, just letting you know I enjoy every one I get. Even if a tad behind.. 

Posted : December 18, 2023 4:25 pm
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator

No my bad, knew you weren't complaining, the mail delivery service varies so much within the States and Provinces, yet I hear Postal service in the EU it has gotten worse than ever.

It would be faster if we emailed a virtual magazine, but there is something about having a print copy in your hands, you can read anywhere, anytime.

Posted : December 19, 2023 3:17 pm
(@scott-h)

Quote from CCjon on December 19, 2023, 8:17 pm

No my bad, knew you weren't complaining, the mail delivery service varies so much within the States and Provinces, yet I hear Postal service in the EU it has gotten worse than ever.

It would be faster if we emailed a virtual magazine, but there is something about having a print copy in your hands, you can read anywhere, anytime.

Electronic copy was my first thought as well.  That is how i normally get subscriptions.  But then the print copy of Sidecarist came in.   To me it reads "bigger" in print format.  Plus I'm still a paper calendar kind of guy.   Two paws up for keeping it in print format. 🙂 

Really like the overall format/layout of this magazine as well. 

Disclaimer:  The above is written from the perspective of a "newb" with a total whopping Sidecarist magazine exposure of... one!  roflol

Hold my keyboard and watch this! 🙃

Posted : December 20, 2023 5:36 am