Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Sidecar add ons

Page 1 of 2Next

So tell me what you have added to your sidecar since you have gotten it.

Big Tom, Reardan Tom and sheath have reacted to this post.
Big TomReardan Tomsheath
Dennis P. Spokane WA USAF Retired 1996 Harley FLHTCUI with Liberty Sidecar

This could be a fun and informative thread

I added a functional hood scoop that allows the rider to adjust air flow inside the car and a rear spoiler with brake light to match the rear spoiler of the bike

On my first side car I did the same but also added a 6 gal gas tank and had it tied to the bike tank with a 1 way check valve and electric pump so you could transfer gas on the fly 

CCjon, smitty901 and Dave Brakebill have reacted to this post.
CCjonsmitty901Dave Brakebill
USCA # 8913

The Hannigan twin classic. Nothing. I knew what I wanted and and made sure it was all installed right away.  I did have it repainted to match the new bike.

Replace the convertible top in March  it was showing the miles and age.

The Velorex. I cut out their axle replace with one from a Harley 750. Tossed their 16 inch spoke wheel and tire in the trash. Changed it to same wheel and car tire the bike has.  Changed the factory shock

CCjon and sheath have reacted to this post.
CCjonsheath

My Ural sidecar I added Lights to the front, Mounted a jerry can between the bike and the sidecar add dual USB connectors and added a forward and a revers camera that records all the time.

My Liberty sidecar I have not added anything to it. Yet!

CCjon and sheath have reacted to this post.
CCjonsheath

No need to add anything to it, it's perfect just the way it is!! lol...

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
MGV8, sheath and Tim Lankins have reacted to this post.
MGV8sheathTim Lankins
- "retired" WA state rep. Many years and many posts more than what show up here now.
Quote from Reardan Tom on April 6, 2023, 2:34 pm

No need to add anything to it, it's perfect just the way it is!! lol...

Tom I am going to add a pin wheel at the nose of the Sidecar so Oakley has something to watch.

happy kyle larson GIF by NASCAR on NBC

sheath has reacted to this post.
sheath

How about a small airplane prop set up like a pinwheel. Make everyone else on the road think that's your power to move it down the road. And large enough for Oakley to see...  Grin....

MJ and sheath have reacted to this post.
MJsheath
- "retired" WA state rep. Many years and many posts more than what show up here now.

ballast 🙂

sheath

I’m thinking about adding a step pad on the sidecar frame to give me a stable place to but my right foot when shifting weight to the right. A few times I have put my boot on the sidecar frame tubing and it helps me to keep balanced while shifting my weight to the right and gives me a wider stance making is easier to steer right. I know a step would be a better solution if this isn’t a bad idea to start with.

Are you supposed to keep your feet on the peg or is this one of throws personal preference things?

MGV8 and sheath have reacted to this post.
MGV8sheath

Ural racks, front and back. Soon to have some Quick Fist clamps for a few different things—shovel, comealong, traction board, pump—because I’m obviously not original in thought, lol.

Uploaded files:
sheath
Current: Moto Guzzi V7 II Stone Previous: 2015 Ural Gear Up; 2011 Suzuki TU250X; 1978 Honda CX500 (Special and Deluxe); 1977 Kawasaki KZ400
Quote from Joe David on April 8, 2023, 10:12 pm

I’m thinking about adding a step pad on the sidecar frame to give me a stable place to but my right foot when shifting weight to the right. A few times I have put my boot on the sidecar frame tubing and it helps me to keep balanced while shifting my weight to the right and gives me a wider stance making is easier to steer right. I know a step would be a better solution if this isn’t a bad idea to start with.

Are you supposed to keep your feet on the peg or is this one of throws personal preference things?

Joe, I saw this pic of your Sportster rig and my immediate thought is that I'd put a big long step on that tube so that I could stand on it, or use it to rest my foot while I straightened my knee, or even to lash something to it.  Certainly not a bad idea.  Anything you can do to keep the car down on energetic right turns is fine.

In fact, standing on that bare tube looks kinda dangerous because I think your foot could slip through the gap between the tube and the car body.  Things could get dicey!  

Uploaded files:
MGV8, CCjon and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
MGV8CCjonFlyingMonkeyssheath

Put a dash in the Ural tub, electrified the tub, adding USB ports, 12V lighter port and heated seat. The wife loves fall rides with the heat and plugs her 12v heated blanket in for the legs. Also added RAM cell phoner mount for her.

CCjon, UralD and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
CCjonUralDDennis PeabodyFlyingMonkeysDave Brakebill
Quote from BriSco on November 23, 2023, 1:01 pm

Put a dash in the Ural tub, electrified the tub, adding USB ports, 12V lighter port and heated seat. The wife loves fall rides with the heat and plugs her 12v heated blanket in for the legs. Also added RAM cell phoner mount for her.

I'd like to see a pic of that dash.  Did you make it or buy it?

CCjon, Dennis Peabody and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
CCjonDennis PeabodyFlyingMonkeysDave Brakebill

Had a LBS leading link front end put on my R1250GSA/Expedition rig.  

SwampFox, MGV8 and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxMGV8DrewFlyingMonkeyssheathDave Brakebill
Kevin - Team Pterodactyl's Montana Outpost Silver City, Montana

Made a Bike rack so me and Lucy can have double fun

Uploaded files:
CCjon, Drew and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
CCjonDrewFlyingMonkeyssheath

On the Double Bandit I have added a tonneau cover that covers the windshield as well as the tub. Plus a black tonneau for the tub itself. I also added a Ram Mount ball for either a cell phone or a cup/jug holder for long trips in the tub and also on the Bandit itself. On the Ural I have added a mirror to the sidecar. A sidecar soft door. A ram ball for the tub and for the tug. A Tacho and reworked the taillight.   The Ural is fun but they are just tragically slow and unreliable. 

MGV8, CCjon and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
MGV8CCjonFlyingMonkeyssheath

Buy the time we purchased the twin classic we knew what we needed and wanted. had it set up with all of it right away.

However I do want to add another air vent . When the top is on it needs a little more air flow on a hot day.

Also considering a snap on cover so I can remove windshield and top when riding alone. Doing so will reduce drag and increase MPG.

MGV8, CCjon and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
MGV8CCjonredharleyFlyingMonkeyssheathTim Lankins

Not enough pics on this thread.  Remember the famous Internet slogan - Pics or it didn't happen!

I remember when it was hard to take pics and you had to do this weird thing - drop them off, develop them, and pic them up.

Guess I better post a pic so I don't get called out.

Here' s what I added to my sidecar recently - the front end of a different one. 

The second pic is why I had to.

Uploaded files:
MGV8, Big Tom and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
MGV8Big TomUralDFlyingMonkeyssheathTim Lankins

I was never a fan of body work, not that I haven't done a bunch. Just not my favourite thing. 

Drew, FlyingMonkeys and sheath have reacted to this post.
DrewFlyingMonkeyssheath

Here’s a couple for Ya Drew

this came with the rig but didn’t have the Snaps installed. That was a lesson in itself. 

Uploaded files:
MGV8, Drew and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
MGV8DrewFlyingMonkeyssheath
Page 1 of 2Next