Notifications
Clear all

Next rides

14 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@smitty901)
Topic starter

Annual ride  to Clarksville TN and land between the lakes comes in mid September. Wife wants a ride to Gatlinburg TN. In August.

Posted : June 1, 2023 3:14 am
(@miles-ladue)

@smitty901, are you saying your NEXT ride won't be until September ? More than 3 months from now ???

My next ride will be starting in 18 days, when I leave Western Washington, and take my rig almost 1900 miles to Spirit Lake, Iowa, for the USCA National Rally. I should be the longest distance sidecar operator to make it to the National Rally, as all other points in the contiguous states are closer than me.

Anyone else going to the 2023 USCA National Rally ?

Two Million Mile Rider...All 7 Continents
Exploring the World in Comfort

Posted : June 1, 2023 4:38 am
(@smitty901)
Topic starter

Next ride of any longer distance. I ride most everyday.

2 priories above all else.  Making sure Payton and Mother in laws care is covered at all times.

Posted : June 1, 2023 4:43 am
(@aceinsav)

If your ride brings you near Savannah by chance look us up, maybe we can get together for dinner again.

Posted : June 1, 2023 5:47 am
(@aceinsav)

Quote from FlyingMonkeys on June 1, 2023, 9:38 am

My next ride will be starting in 18 days, when I leave Western Washington, and take my rig almost 1900 miles to Spirit Lake, Iowa, for the USCA National Rally. I should be the longest distance sidecar operator to make it to the National Rally, as all other points in the contiguous states are closer than me.

Anyone else going to the 2023 USCA National Rally ?

we will be there, but we have to tow them out. Just don't have the free time to make the ride right now. still pulling that daily work detail for now.

Posted : June 1, 2023 5:49 am
(@smitty901)
Topic starter

Over night ride  coming up the 17th.

Just got the dates Shark Week 2024 will be July31 2024 . Already knew it will be St. George UT.

Posted : June 1, 2023 2:10 pm
(@miles-ladue)

Oh, St. George in late July can be HOT. Hope you are staying in an air-conditioned hotel.

Two Million Mile Rider...All 7 Continents
Exploring the World in Comfort

Posted : June 1, 2023 6:24 pm
(@smitty901)
Topic starter

Quote from FlyingMonkeys on June 1, 2023, 11:24 pm

Oh, St. George in late July can be HOT. Hope you are staying in an air-conditioned hotel.

I am sure the event will be a a great place. But if the AC goes out. I think I can handle it.  Spent a fair amount of time in middle eastern deserts .

Much hotter than ours.

I know this years sponsors live in the area and are setting up lodging now .

At Shark week anyone one or group has a chance to put up a location for the next year. After they present their plan a vote is take.

The winner gets it. And everyone gets on board to help. over the next year to make it happen

Posted : June 2, 2023 3:25 am
(@smitty901)
Topic starter

The yearly Ride to Clarksville TN. 5 days is over. Back home now.  We had 33 people show up this year . Several new members.

Each days rides was different. We took a great back roads ride south in TN and came back up part of the Trace. Each day we went this way and that always ending up back at the Motel.

Had a down pour on the way to Patti's 1880. Dried off by riding. never get tired of riding that area.

Posted : September 18, 2023 1:08 am
(@reardan-tom)

Did you get anywhere near Smyrna, TN? My brother and sis-in-law have an Air BnB there. Good place to stay if they have an opening. Gonna write an article for the Sidecarist? With photos of course....

Posted : September 18, 2023 4:46 am
(@smitty901)
Topic starter

We have between 10 and 30+ every year that make this ride. We used one place for 5 years then changed. This was the 5th year at this place so now a change is called for.

We handed a couple people the job for finding a new place. This came up.

https://parks.ky.gov/gilbertsville/parks/resort/kentucky-dam-village-state-resort-park

We looked it over the other day. We have all exchanged a few text and emails today. Sounds like that is going to be the place. All we have to do  now is pick the week in September we want to do it.

One of the reasons we go to that area ia a meal at Patti's 1880. It is how the whole thing started so it is the anchor everything else is tied to.

I stopped in at Hannigan  This is the BMW R18 the put a sidecar on.

Posted : September 18, 2023 7:59 am
 MGV8
(@mgv8)

The rigs are all tucked away for the winter even though I could be riding. We haven't had winter yet, No snow.. Any how!  Next years rides are a tad up in the air. I promised Dear Kathy that I would stay relatively close to home this year and not leave for a big trip during Fire Season up here in BC. Yikes Fall, Winter, Spring and Fire! seem to be our seasons now.. Discussion for another day. Back to rides.. Tentative plans are to hit the MOA rally in Redmond and then meander over to John Day. I think they are a week apart. Maybe do a bit of the BDRs to and from.. There was talk about getting a few rigs together to do a week or two of gravel as well so if that happens that would be the extent of my rides away from home for 2024.. August is reserved for Dear Kathy. Probably too hot for riding South any ways. Ha! For 2025 my plans are bigger. I am slowly going through the old rig to get it ready. As I plan on going to Tuk again and to do Alaska properly this time, maybe even Prudhoe Bay. Not working now so I should have more time and not have to rush. But I get ahead of my self, We have to stay alive long enough to get there, and if we do,  life has a way of changing plans LOL. 

What are others up to.?? 

Posted : November 29, 2023 3:36 pm
(@kevin-huddy)

Annie and I are planning on heading to the Pacific Coast.  Probably reach the coast vicinity of Ft.  Bragg, CA and then ride north to Coos Bay, OR, making a few side trips along the way.  We’ll head inland to Redmond for the MOA Rally.  Following the rally we’ll make our way to Spearfish, SD for gathering of FJR riders.  

Annie will have her R1200GS LBS rig sometime in the February/March time and this will be her maiden trip on the new rig.  

Posted : November 29, 2023 4:45 pm
(@reardan-tom)

Sounds like a great story upcoming for a future issue of the Sidecarist. Along with many photos.... Looking forward to that! Here's to a great adventure and lifetime memories!!

Posted : November 30, 2023 4:09 am