Skip to content
Notifications
Clear all

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Hi,
I just joined and am seriously thinking of getting a sidecar for my bike. I have a 2009 Honda Shadow VT750c2.
Do any of you know of someone adding a sidecar to a Shadow? I would like to find out the best sidecar for my bike. Also, since the Shadow has plenty of rake already, is it enough that I won't need to extend it further?
I live in Northern California near San Francisco and have been riding for over 40 years and loving it.
Thanks,
Bonnie

Posted : May 1, 2010 5:11 pm
(@Hack__n)

Welcome to the group Bonnie.
Attached are a couple of options for 750 Shadows we have set up here.
A big rake isn't enough for easy steering it's the shorter trail that makes it happen.

Lonnie
Northwest Sidecars

Attached files

Posted : May 1, 2010 6:54 pm
(@Anonymous)

Thank you for the photos and information. My Shadow has 6.2" of trail and a rake of 34 degrees. If I have it set up for a side car how will this affect the handling and high and low speeds without the side car? By the way, I liked the looks of the 2nd photo sidecar.
Bonnie

Posted : May 2, 2010 6:31 am
(@Hack__n)

That's the Velorex 563 Tour. A classic styled roadster. It's our best seller and the best bang for your buck as it comes with everything included except the bike. No long list of optional extra cost extras.

Lonnie
Northwest Sidecars

Posted : May 2, 2010 12:04 pm
(@Anonymous)

I have a hannigan conte on my bike. I have a 97shadow ace 1100cc. I am still working out the bugs but I am beginning to be happier with it daily!
A side car will reduce top speed by up to 20%. It will affect your gas mileage somewhat. The steering has to be left stock if you intend to put the car on and off regularly. You will notice the steering to be heavy with stock steering but many people have it stock including myself and it's not too bad!. Larger bikes need a gear reduction of about 10% where small bike need up to 25% gear reduction. Read up on these things in the older threads and in technical issues to give yourself a better understanding of what's involved. Lonnie is one of the most helpful here. He won't steer you wrong 😉

Posted : May 2, 2010 4:07 pm