Skip to content
Notifications
Clear all

23 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Hello to everyone. I am Chris from Cheshire in England. I found the site whilst browsing - cracking site by the way! I run a Honda CB1300/Charnwood Royale outfit. I will post some pictures later.

Posted : November 22, 2009 11:42 pm
(@Anonymous)

Welcome. Yes pictutes would be nice. Have you been Sidecaring long?

Posted : November 22, 2009 11:55 pm
(@Anonymous)

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, been sidecarring a while now - something like 21 years! Love 'em to bits - more so than a solo.

Posted : November 22, 2009 11:58 pm
(@Anonymous)

Welcome from across the pond.... here in Hope, Maine USA

Posted : November 23, 2009 1:07 am
(@hdrghack)

Welcome Chris,

Greetings from Western New York!

I can't remember just where in England they live but there is a couple that come every year for the National sidecar rally by the name of Pam and Trever Quick.

Posted : November 23, 2009 1:45 am
(@Anonymous)

Hello

I have been lurking here for a while, they make you welcome and the advice is good even if the sidecars (hacks) are on the wrong side of the bike.

Barry

Posted : November 23, 2009 11:47 am
(@hdrghack)

Threewheelsuk - 11/23/2009 5:47 PM Hello I have been lurking here for a while, they make you welcome and the advice is good even if the sidecars (hacks) are on the wrong side of the bike. Barry

Now Barry,My sidecar is mounted on the RIGHT side 😉 what side is yours mounted on

Posted : November 23, 2009 2:33 pm
(@Anonymous)

good day and welcome bit,. disreguard them,...we are of equal opportunity here,..even if your hack is on the " queen's side" of your scoot. ,..cheers lol! crawf.

Posted : November 23, 2009 7:26 pm
(@Anonymous)

Welcome from another left sider, we need all the suport we can get. Cheers Hank

Posted : November 24, 2009 12:41 am
(@Anonymous)

Hello Barry...I hope your 'handle' is 'three wheels UK' and not 'three wheel suk'!!! lol
As for left vs right side driving...I heard that in Newfoundland, they where going to give driving on the left hand side a go. They would have a 6month test period. During that time, all heavy trucks would drive on left side of the road. If the results were positive, all vehicules would change sides! 😉

Oh yeah...Bienvenue Chris...
Denis

Posted : November 24, 2009 2:34 am
(@Anonymous)

Hopefully there are some pictures hereabouts.........

The one with the trailer tent behind is how the outfit looks now. The other 2 are before it was painted to match the chair. I intend over the winter to try and get it painted to match the petrol tank - i.e. red and white.

Attached files

Posted : November 24, 2009 8:54 am
(@Anonymous)

Welcome to this fine forum for sidehackers. This is the center of all nice and helpful American sidecarists.

It seems to me, the fraction of Europeans become bigger and bigger.
However, I also believe that your car is matched to the wrong side of your bike. Sooner or later driving on the left side rod will be stopped in the UK. After a trial period of 6 weeks all vehicles have to go the right side of the rod. So you better think about remounting your car on the right side of your bike.

BTW: Your sidecar is an absolute beauty. What is its brand name ??

Regards from Germany

S I G I

Spring 2009 - 5

Posted : November 24, 2009 9:42 am
(@Anonymous)

Denis

You are not the first one to point it out.

Barry

Posted : November 24, 2009 10:37 am
(@peter-pan)

What in UK the riding is supposed to pass to the right side?
I cannot believe that the EU beaurocracy is that powerfull...
It must be a joke.
If not, its time to make a last vacation to enjoy Lake district and North Yorkshire Moores once again before it gets spoiled.
Allready the tunnel was a blasphemy in my eyes, but perhaps it helped to initialyze domestication of the trade unions.

Have a pint on it.
Sven

Posted : November 24, 2009 5:58 pm
(@Anonymous)

Sigi - the UK driving on the right - it'll never happen. It will be too expensive to begin with and the Brits would never let it happen. There is much unrest over here with even belonging to the EU! Yours is a lovely looking outfit - I like the 1800 Wing.
My sidecar is a Charnwood Royale - I think they were a Jap import brought into Britain by Charnwood Classic resorations - they are no longer brought in. I swapped it for a Merlin F2 - I needed more room for my wife and daughter. The Merlin was my second one, I had an F2 on a Honda Pan Euro ST1100 previously.
If you look on www.merlinsidecars.co.uk and then on Gallery One my first Merlin was the ST1100 in the Castrol Honda colours and my second was the red/white CB1300. Nice outfits. Merlin's work is brilliant - and they are nice people to work with!

Chris

Posted : November 24, 2009 11:06 pm
Page 1 / 2