Clear all

New Georgia State Rep

11 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@aceinsav)
Topic starter

Hello all

Looks like I have taken the position of State Rep for Ga.

I know I'm still fairly new to sidecars but if there is anything I can do for anyone just ask

Posted : January 6, 2020 9:54 am
(@Anonymous)

Welcome AJ1200!! As the WA state rep I can assure you that you'll appreciate the wages and benefits of the position. lol... Actually, if you enjoy visiting with people, and you enjoy sidecars, promoting the club is very enjoyable.

Posted : January 6, 2020 10:53 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)

Congratulations AJ1200, as Tom says, meeting and talking with sidecar people is very enjoyable. We are such a wide and diverse group. Strong independent individuals are attracted to sidecars, not groupies. You'll find that at the rallies.  You never see matching leathers in a group of sidecarists... lol.

Anything we can do to help you represent the USCA is your state,  give us shout out. Hope to see you at the USCA Rally in Mena, Arkansas the first weekend in June.

Jan Daub

USCA Secretary

Posted : January 6, 2020 7:17 pm
(@Anonymous)

welcome Ace Jone.

we will have you up on the webpage map soon.  Then listed in sidecarist March/April.  for now.

Bob Davis has you as.

Ace Jones

2208 Limerick Rd.

Midway Ga 31320

912-663-3612

Acejones1202@yahoo-commersue

Thanks for filling a open spot

Dave Szkudlarek PRESIDENT USCA

Posted : January 7, 2020 2:11 am
(@aceinsav)
Topic starter

yep we will be at the Rally in Mena

I have been considering volunteering since I was asked at the Rally in Sturgis, but I just felt I needed some more time to learn and ride so I had more to share when asked. I know the worst thing you can do to a noob is give bad info or just your own opinions

Thanks in advance for the support I know I will get

Posted : January 7, 2020 2:21 am
(@GuzziSteve)

Hey, I'm from GA and meet-up  w/  http://www.georgiasidecarclub.org/

I didn't know if we were separate group.

I came from Ed Johnsons turf  (RIP) in IL, was an active NI club a long time. Now not too active w/clubs.

I been to GA rallies, great fun, nice guys Jim & Eddie. They have lots to do all year long.

I'm in Auburn, Ride Safe, Steve

Posted : January 11, 2020 5:53 am
(@tinboatcapt)

This Minnesota snow bird is thoroughly enjoying your Georgia weather. I rented a place on Tybee Island for the winter, but didn't bring any rig with me. As it is, my ST1100 is in Washington State having a leading link front, custom mounts, and a sidecar fabricated for it. I plan to pick it up in June.

2020 looks to be a good year to fill in my map with the SE states. I hope to get down this way again in the fall.

Jim

Posted : January 12, 2020 6:18 am
(@aceinsav)
Topic starter

Quote from GuzziSteve on January 11, 2020, 10:53 am

Hey, I'm from GA and meet-up  w/  http://www.georgiasidecarclub.org/

I didn't know if we were separate group.

I came from Ed Johnsons turf  (RIP) in IL, was an active NI club a long time. Now not too active w/clubs.

I been to GA rallies, great fun, nice guys Jim & Eddie. They have lots to do all year long.

I'm in Auburn, Ride Safe, Steve

Hi Steve

yep good people in the Ga Sidecar club, we are members as of last year, joined while at the howdy rally. sadly can't make it this year

Jim we are having some amazing weather right now. sadly both my rig and my wife's trike are down for repairs at the moment

alternator failed on mine and I'm adding an easy steer tree to hers. got it tore down to the bare neck this weekend and looking for the tree today

Posted : January 13, 2020 2:24 am
(@tinboatcapt)

Yes indeed, AJ1200. We are having some great weather here in the Great State of Georgia. I talked with folks at home in MN. they are having sub zero temps.

jim

Posted : January 13, 2020 11:09 am
(@al-olme2)

Ace,

Didn't you have alternator issues on the Yellowstone Raid?  Are alternators a known issue on your model/year?

Posted : January 14, 2020 3:56 am
(@aceinsav)
Topic starter

yep I lost an alternator then, the one I replaced it with failed last August, then the one I replaced that with just failed

I have just recently spent 4 days rewiring every add on light and component on my rig, I converted every add on light to LED

hopefully this will not continue to happen. if it wasn't for them replacing it under warranty I would get a compufire this time

Posted : January 14, 2020 6:59 am