Notifications
Clear all

Motorvation Engineering Sidecar

28 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@robert)
Topic starter

Anyone know what's happening at Motorvation  Engineering in Sibley, Iowa !

Not returning calls or emails for last several weeks.

Now …… This week no one is answering the phone and the phone answering machining is full.

Very unusually.

Posted : June 26, 2019 4:24 pm
(@don)

They were there last week.  A friend of mine went there to tour the plant and to check into the purchase of a sidecar.  He said they had orders for 40 chairs to be built and delivered.

I just tried to call them and got the same response you did.  I'll do some more checking to see if I can track down what is happening.

Posted : June 28, 2019 5:41 am
(@robert)
Topic starter

Thanks tax man.  I'm still getting no answer.

Posted : June 30, 2019 8:23 am
(@don)

Robert,  Lucy answered the phone at Motorvation this morning.  She said Mary and Gary had been gone for medical treatment/checkup and vacation respectively.

We need to have a new convertible top made for our Formula II LTD and Lucy is checking into when we can have it done.

Posted : July 1, 2019 4:12 am
(@jack-cusick)

I have been waiting over a year for my sidecar. They have my $4000 deposit. They say there are still 11 or 12 ahead of me. Two months ago it was 14. They only built two in two months. I keep getting the excuse that they are having trouble with their fiberglass body supplier.

I am not filled with confidence that I will ever get my sidecar. Not a well run operation to say the least. If I had to do it over I would keep my 4k and look elsewhere.

Posted : October 16, 2019 12:25 am
(@big-tom)

Non-refundable deposit?

Posted : October 16, 2019 6:18 am
(@jack-cusick)

Non-refundable they say. I was told 6 months when I ordered a year ago. Buyer beware if anyone is considering ordering from them.

Posted : October 16, 2019 8:01 am
(@don)

My dealing with Motorvation Engineering has been quite good, though I agree that the wait for you has been long.  They turn out a fine product and have provided me with good service/repair support.

Posted : October 16, 2019 9:49 am
(@jack-cusick)

They need to be honest with potential customers about actual delivery time. I suspect though if they were their orders would decline considerably. Stringing customers along with unrealistic delivery dates is not an honest or ethical way to do business. A lot can happen in a year that could lead to a change in plans. Meanwhile they have my deposit and I am left hanging.

Posted : October 17, 2019 12:55 am
(@big-tom)

How about small claims court to get your deposit back?

Posted : October 17, 2019 4:09 am
(@Interrobang)

I'm in the same position as you.  It's been a year already and I was told last week that I can't even expect it by spring.

When I ordered the sidecar a year ago I also was told about 6-8 month production time and made plans to go on a few trips with my two kids this summer...  well that never happened.   I'm more disappointed than anything.  I made a bad choice obviously.

Posted : October 20, 2019 5:36 pm
(@Interrobang)

Update:  I canceled my order and requested my money back.  My bank is on my side and we're working to get a full refund for failure to deliver on the contract.

Posted : November 17, 2019 7:48 am
(@jack-cusick)

Any luck getting your money back?

Posted : January 14, 2020 4:39 am
(@Interrobang)

Yes, I was able to get a refund.  My bank investigated and determined they had breached the contract by not acting in good faith.

I wound up having an hour long phone conversation with Mary.  The short story is the business is not healthy and they’re broke.

Posted : January 14, 2020 5:33 am
(@aceinsav)

I really hate to hear that about the company, I hope someone or some company can step in and if needed buy the company and bring it back to life

it's a shame to see our small marker keep getting smaller.

Interrobang, I'm glad to here you were able to get your money back

Posted : January 14, 2020 7:04 am
Page 1 / 2