Notifications
Clear all

Hello, New to the Forum

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@ben-aberegg)
Topic starter

Wanting to break the ice and say hello to my fellow sidecar riders. While I've been motorcycling for over 35 years, my experience with owning and riding sidecars is only around 19 of them. Living in the mid-west (Ohio), there are many good rides not far from my home. The Mid-Ohio raceway in Lexington is less than an hour away and host AMA events annually and the AMA Museum is minutes away. While I have a Harley for my one up rider, my sidecar rig is rather unique. I purchased my 2002 FJ1000 for some sport rising and touring. The up-right style of riding combined with the power of the R1 engine was a great compromise for me over the hardcore sport bikes of the time. 

Shortly after the diagnosis of my now 23 year old special needs son, I was looking for a way to enable him to enjoy motorcycling with me and my journey for a side car was born. After some research I chose to purchase one of the Hanagan rigs. Dave Hanagan worked with me to design a "one-off" set-up specifically for my bike. After six weeks in his hands my sidecar bike was born.

During the build I also had the electronic tilt and outrigger brake system added too. Along with several sidecar configurations, Hanagan Motorsports also converts Harley's, Goldwing's, BMW's, and just about anything else to a trike and even some quad wheels set-ups. When I picked up my bike they even had a Hayabusa sidecar set-up with center hub steering for sale.

Enough rambling, as I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum.; bike shown below.

Ben, a.k.a. DRUMS01

Posted : July 5, 2022 9:35 am
(@swampfox)

Hi Ben & Son.  Welcome to the UCSA Forum.  Nice rig. And a great way to enjoy time together.

Lee
MB5+TW200+CRF250L+GTV300+INT650
XL883R w/Texas Ranger Sidecar
Zuma 50F + Burgman w/Texas Sidecar<Mrs. SwampFox

Posted : July 5, 2022 2:15 pm