Notifications
Clear all

HD is offerin Sidecars again

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@smitty901)
Topic starter

It seems HD is offering Police sidecars for 2017 and up HD. Including RDRS models.  The way the word it leads to Police only , but there appears to be a loop whole.

Down side is marketing. The price does not give you a complete unit and by time you finish it. It is going to hurt. Much better of for most to stick with DMC or Hannigan.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/content/police.html

file:///C:/Users/Bob/AppData/Local/Temp/my21-police-side-car.pdf

Posted : June 29, 2021 11:14 pm
(@big-tom)

This could be interesting if they make their way to the public.

Posted : June 30, 2021 2:28 am
(@2FLTC)

Leave it to Harley to do it halfa--.  At least they finally put suspension on it. The other American bike company was suppose to came out with a sidecar for they bikes.  I guess they ran into some delays.

Posted : June 30, 2021 3:29 am
(@smitty901)
Topic starter

Some have said you can buy own you just need to see a dealership.  That price does not even get you a complete frame.

I would like to get my hands on the frame.

Posted : June 30, 2021 4:12 am
(@jaydmc)

So, you must be a police department, you get a sidecar that for the first time ever has suspension, For $4295 all you need add are a wheel (still made) Brake system, (maybe) Fender (maybe) Mounts (no) and a body complete with interior and windshield (no) fantastic, way to go Harley.

We are working on a new sidecar specifically for Harley's and should have it by late summer. It will be similar to our classic but larger, have a door as well as an external opening trunk. Or pretty much the equivalent of our Tomahawk SE sidecar but specifically for Harley. (taking orders now for delivery starting in February 2022 intro price very well equipped $12,500) 

We are dropping many products from our product line latter this week and concentrating on fewer products. Many of our mounts, our leading links, some of our sidecars will be discontinued until such time as we can hire more help. We need at least 10 more people, 15 would be better. No one is applying other then a few that are unemployed for very good reasons. In the mean time to speed things along we have a new CNC bender on order, the last parts needed to get our CNC milling machines on line will be here next week.

Jay G
DMC sidecars

Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

866-638-1793

www.dmcsidecars.com 

Posted : June 30, 2021 4:25 am
(@al-olme2)

I'm surprised.  When I first saw the post I immediately thought, "I bet Jay is making that".  I'm sure it would be cheaper for the Motor Company to job it out than make it in house. Oh well...wrong again.

A

Posted : June 30, 2021 4:52 am
(@2FLTC)

Look like they are still only using three mounting spots. 

Posted : June 30, 2021 7:18 am