Notifications
Clear all

Doc says left shoulder is shot

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@smitty901)
Topic starter

VA Doc made it clear. My left should has been abused for to many years and age have made it a mess. For now shots ,drugs and PT is all they can do. told him to keep the drugs I will deal with.

My 2020 RGL Rig handles well and steering is not bad. But with this shoulder I am going to make it steer a bit easier.

6 degree on the tree is what I had before on the 2017 and it worked well. So down the Rabbit  hole I go. The tree I want is about a month or more on back order . I can live with that ,the way things are now.

Ride I will not miss coming up in September . No work will be started that could in any way get in the way.  My thinking is get all the parts and wait do it over winter.

50 years of riding legal on the street. I will not stop until my sons drag me off the bikes. Last weeks change over to a rear car tire went well. Some times I think part of the joy and fun is always looking to make it better.

Wife told be to buy that GEN 3 Goldwing rig.  I said not yet. Ride today tomorrow may be to late.

Posted : August 9, 2021 11:19 am
(@swampfox)

Quote from smitty901 on August 9, 2021, 4:19 pm

... 6 degree on the tree ....  is about a month or more on back order....

Some times I think part of the joy and fun is always looking to make it better....

Sorry the tree is on back order - it does seem lots of stuff is on back order these days.  You already have experience with the 6° tree, which should definitely help your riding comfort.  You are correct part of the joy is looking to make it better.

Lee
MB5+TW200+CRF250L+GTV300+INT650
XL883R w/Texas Ranger Sidecar
Zuma 50F + Burgman w/Texas Sidecar<Mrs. SwampFox

Posted : August 10, 2021 1:53 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)

Shoulder surgery is no fun, well the surgery isn't bad, it's the PT afterwards...

I have a "new" unused UNIT leading link for a Sportster. If it will fit your bike you can have it today, no waiting at a great price. 

Fork diameter is 38 mm with 40 mm spacers. 7" center to center on the forks.

Posted : August 10, 2021 2:30 am
(@aceinsav)

Sorry to hear about your shoulder, I hope the 6 degree tree indeed makes enough difference to keep you on the bike until your ready to stop riding. 

Posted : August 10, 2021 2:32 am
(@smitty901)
Topic starter

Quote from AJ1500 on August 10, 2021, 7:32 am

Sorry to hear about your shoulder, I hope the 6 degree tree indeed makes enough difference to keep you on the bike until your ready to stop riding. 

Thank you the tubes are 49 mm

Posted : August 10, 2021 3:01 am
(@smitty901)
Topic starter

Quote from AJ1500 on August 10, 2021, 7:32 am

Factory neck is a 26 Degree rake so adding 6 more brings it to 32. Stay with factory 130/80 18 should improve the trail enough.

Posted : August 10, 2021 3:04 am