Notifications
Clear all

CSC FIII on the GL1800

50 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@aceinsav)
Topic starter

so now that I have sold the 1500 rig and the Yamaha with the trike kit I can finally concentrate on the 1800

I recently picked up a CSC Friendship III to install on my 1800. I have my sub frame ordered so now it's time to get everything ready for the build. this weekend I took everything apart on the F3 and have the frame here at work stripping it down for fresh paint. it spent a lot of time in Fl. so it was a little rough, nothing a good cleaning and fresh paint can't fix here are a couple shots of the frame when I removed it.Β 

Posted : August 9, 2021 9:11 am
(@aceinsav)
Topic starter

here is a shot of the car and the bike it's going to be mounted onΒ 

Posted : August 9, 2021 9:12 am
(@2FLTC)

I guess that frame is rough. That is one reason why I hate power coating. When its not done right the moisture gets trap under the coating it really corrodes the metal. I'am sure it will look good when its done.

Posted : August 9, 2021 10:15 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)

Good luck with the build. A winter project?

Posted : August 9, 2021 10:35 am
(@aceinsav)
Topic starter

I hope it doesn't drag out that long, but you never knowΒ 

Posted : August 9, 2021 10:43 am
(@smitty901)

Β  Be watching to see how it comes out.

Posted : August 9, 2021 10:56 am
(@aceinsav)
Topic starter

I got the main frame cleaned and got it primed today.Β  hopefully I can get it painted tomorrow. I took the connecting arms over to our sand blasting room to let them clean them up, I was going to let them do the frame but it wouldn't fit in the cabinet so I had to do it the old fashioned way. then I took all the bolts and joints and hand cleaned them on a bench wire wheel.

Posted : August 12, 2021 9:02 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)

That cleaned up nicely. No deep pits or cracks?

Posted : August 12, 2021 12:10 pm
(@aceinsav)
Topic starter

nothing worth worrying about, couple places were pitted, but it did clean up niceΒ 

Posted : August 12, 2021 11:38 pm
(@aceinsav)
Topic starter

well after catching the crud and the Wife and I fighting our way through it I am finally feeling better. Monica is still feeling a bit under but she is doing much better. I managed to get the frame and all mounting hardware painted, I shot the last coat on them this morning and they are hanging in the garage curing. I took the fender, trunk lid and main body lid out and sanded them down today. I still have to go back in and do a good bit of work by hand on the top with all the nooks and crannies. no pictures right now but I will get some later.Β 

Posted : August 20, 2021 9:06 am
(@aceinsav)
Topic starter

got a little more done, I have about 3/4 of the body sanded down now. once I get it all I can make the fiberglass repairs needed. I have a few holes to fill where the PO had added some stuff I don't want to put back on. the fender has 2 smallΒ  cracks where at some point in it's life it must have hit something just hard enough to crack it. I ordered a rear trunk spoiler for a 1800 wing to mount on it so it will have matching spoilers. should have that by next week. I am looking for that perfect hood scoop now to use for air induction to the cockpit. I have a front lower lip spoiler I am thinking about putting on it, just have to decide if I like the look or not. I'll post pictures later and ask for opinions too.Β 

Posted : September 2, 2021 6:32 am
(@aceinsav)
Topic starter

the new trunk spoiler came in yesterday and I knew it would fit but had no idea just how perfect a fit it would be. it looks like it was made for the trunk. the feet sit right on the body line just like it does on the 1800.Β 

Posted : September 8, 2021 11:54 pm
(@aceinsav)
Topic starter

well it looks like the subframe is on it's way. got the hood scoop ordered. getting excited about the build again now that most of the parts are on the way to put it together. still can't decide if I want 4.5 or 6 deg. treeΒ 

Posted : September 20, 2021 11:54 pm
(@aceinsav)
Topic starter

the subframe arrived,, everything looks great. Big thanks to Jay at DMC for thatΒ 

Posted : September 28, 2021 11:26 pm
CCjon
(@jan-2)

How about some photos so we can see where you are in the process?

Posted : September 29, 2021 4:53 am
Page 1 / 4