Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

2023 East Texas Sidecar Spring Muster

Had a great time at the Muster with some 3 dozen fellow sidecar enthusiasts, but was so busy enjoying things I failed to take photos, but here are a some from the ride home today. 

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
CCjon and FlyingMonkeys have reacted to this post.
CCjonFlyingMonkeys
Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

I took pics of the sidecar games and a few at the Saturday evening dinner. Here is a link to a Google Photos album that should open in a new window. Makes it easier to post and view for all I hope. 

East Texas Sidecar Spring Muster

What a great time! I enjoyed seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones. 

Jerry M

SwampFox, CCjon and FlyingMonkeys have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxCCjonFlyingMonkeys
"I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things."
This year, our semi-annual gathering of sidecars riders in Texas/Louisiana happened at the KOA Campgrounds in Rusk, TX. We were here a few years ago. The campground owners took such good care of us we decided a return visit was in order.

Friday night was renewing friendships and meeting new riders around the campfire.

Campfires and sidecars go well together. This KOA has tent camping sites, tepees, cabins,
 and RV hook-up sites. Plus a swimming pool, playgrounds for kids, and live music 
Saturday night.

Saturday morning the sun was bright, the sky was clear, and all forecasts for rain had dissipated overnight.

We rode to a small wedding venue south of Rusk in a renovated turn-of-the-century Schoolhouse/Chapel 
in Lone Oak, a community that does not exist on any map.

We were greeted by Ruthie, who, with her husband Jackson, are renovating the old chapel in the wild.

Ruthie and her husband Jackson are slowly renovating this structure to serve the community.
After they purchased the acreage, they found out they also acquired the chapel and the surrounding grounds.  After discussing what to do with the falling structure, they decided to bring it back to life once again as an affordable country wedding venue. It is a labor of love for them.

Ruthie welcomes the sidecar group to Lone Oak Chapel.

From the chapel we rode to visit the historical society museum in Rusk where they display the history of Cherokee County.

That evening, we shared a potluck dinner in the KOA clubhouse. 

With rain on the horizon, we all quickly departed Sunday morning for home, hoping to beat the rain.

It was a fun time to see so many other sidecarists all in one location, sharing friendships, 
recanting tales of sidecar rides and adventures.
SwampFox and FlyingMonkeys have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxFlyingMonkeys

Looks like you all had a great time.

FlyingMonkeys has reacted to this post.
FlyingMonkeys
Dennis P. Spokane WA USAF Retired 1996 Harley FLHTCUI with Liberty Sidecar