Notifications
Clear all

"Dusting"? sidecar $1800

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@robert-darden)
Topic starter

For sale here is what is supposed to be a Dusting or Dusting replica body privately imported about 15 years ago.Β  Mounted on a customized Texas Sidecar chassis and features a locking trunk, Goldwing 1200 wheel, HD fender and tombstone taillight.Β  Removed from an '83 'wing, it has 4 strap clamps, mounting arms and struts.Β  The quality of the body leaves a bit to be desired.Β  The seam around the car where the sides are welded to the top and bottom isn't very good.Β Β  Priced at $1800.Β  BobDarden1949@gmail.com

Posted : August 13, 2020 11:58 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator

Bob, glad to see you on here. Where is the chair located?

Posted : August 13, 2020 12:17 pm
(@robert-darden)
Topic starter

Hey - I'm not on here often - after building 675 of the puppies, I burned out!Β  I'm in Nelson, GA, about half-way between Atlanta and Chattanooga, just a block off I-575.Β  Take care.

Posted : August 19, 2020 11:29 am
(@mikem)

Bob,

My wife Marna and I met you at the Corning Rally in 2017. We have the Wallace and Grommet sidecar model you sent us prominently displayed. Hope all is well with you.

Posted : August 20, 2020 9:58 am
(@2FLTC)

Β Is that the one with two tooth brushes in it.

Posted : August 20, 2020 12:00 pm
(@mikem)

No, it was not that one, but a different model.

Posted : August 20, 2020 3:28 pm
(@mikem)

Correction. My wife just informed me that it is the one that you can put toothbrushes in.

Posted : August 20, 2020 3:39 pm
(@robert-darden)
Topic starter

Of course I remember you two folks.Β  We had the Boston conversations - though I don't miss Boston at all.Β  I'm doing fine and messing with a couple of cars and bikes.Β  In fact, I'm putting together a Convert in a loop frame right now.Β  Will shortly have it for sale.Β  Down to 3 unfinished projects and then I'm going to concentrate on helping my son build/finish a '49 ford tudor he's just starting on.Β  I do plan to be at the next national rally that actually happens!Β  Take care.

Posted : September 24, 2020 4:16 am
(@robert-darden)
Topic starter

PS.Β  I brought some of those W&G collectables back from trips I made to the UK.Β  Probably won't see them in the US!

Posted : September 24, 2020 4:17 am