Notifications
Clear all

anyone have an ST1100 rig?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@carney)
Topic starter

anyone have any experience or thoughts about a Honda ST1100 as a tug? My first tug choice would be a BMW since that's what I know; any service issues? are parts readily available and should they continue to be? No one I know has a ST, but I know their reputation is stellar. It's an EZS rig.....wonder if the ST1300 would bolt right on? Understand Pete Larson isn't doing EZS anymore, is that right?

thanks

Posted : September 7, 2009 10:30 am
(@Hack__n)

Peter Smith of Side Effects in Kamloops, BC has taken over the Canada ans US distributorship of the EZS products.
I don't think "bolt right on is an option.

Lonnie
Northwest Sidecars

Posted : September 7, 2009 11:12 am
(@Anonymous)

Carney,
I have the ST1300 as a tug. There is enough difference between it and the ST1100 that you can not just swap sidecars. The ST1100 makes a good tug and as you said is very reliable. Parts will be made for them untill 2012. The manufactures have to build parts for 10 years after a model is dropped. Many parts will be available after that date due to what is in the wharehouses at the time production is stopped. Now, for the ST1300. I have 55,000 miles on my ST with the Hannigan Astro Sport. No problems. I just do regular maintenaince which can be a little time consuming but you don't have to do it very often. I used to ride BMWs all the time but I must say, this ST1300 is very reliable and has plenty of power for a sidecar. It does have a down side, it is hot in the summer as many full fairing motorcycles are but then it is great in the winter. If you have more questions, let me know.

Bob in NM

Posted : September 7, 2009 2:15 pm
(@claude-3563)

Subrina Summers from Alabama has a ST / EZS rig. I am not sure but think it is a ST1100. She is a regular poster at SCT. Just thought that maybe she is closer to you than anyone else with a similar rig. SCT is a yahoo group so you woudl have to get a yahoo name and password to join.,..no biggie. I will let her know about you rpost here also. click here: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SCT/

Posted : September 7, 2009 3:23 pm