87 Posts
28 Users
0 Likes
 Jim
(@jimdeja)

Thanks, Al.

Posted : February 25, 2017 7:23 am
(@sparechangeter)

Can"t seem to be able to contact the Ferenbaugh camp grounds. 2017 Rally. Have left phone mesg and e-mail.
Hopefully some one will get back to me soon. I'll let the forum know when they do. Have a great day! Starting to ride here! (salt dust is not good!)

Posted : February 25, 2017 10:05 am
(@rogersfr)

In the area for rates on their website, it says they are only open from 4/15 through 10/31 so I'm assuming that's why no one is answering messages or returning calls.

Posted : February 25, 2017 10:14 am
(@al-olme)

For all you [us] non-campers...

Larry has set up an agreed rate at the Econo Lodge in Painted Post, about 8 miles from the campground. According to the desk clerk, they are undergoing a face lift and the rooms are all being redone with new carpet and fixtures. OK, that's according to the desk clerk but it's the best info I have. I don't know what the rates are yet but I'm expecting something in the $85-$95 range.

Don't call until Tuesday! The group rate hasn't been activated yet. Hopefully, Larry can do that on Monday.

There are both closer and nicer places to stay but the rates are running around $150/night. Priceline has some offers in the $130's but this is an "event weekend" so those rooms might be really scarce.

'See you in Corning!

Posted : February 25, 2017 11:13 am
(@Anonymous)

Al is right on rates but I think it is Americas Best Value Inn. The rates are $84 per night with an extra $10 for pets. I hope to have more solid info today or tomorrow.

Posted : February 25, 2017 11:36 am
(@al-olme)

Will is right about the motel. We started started talking with the EconoLodge but got a better deal with America's Best Value Inn. The block of rooms is still not available but should be by tomorrow. I'll post all the information when rooms can actually be booked.

See you in Corning!

Posted : February 27, 2017 11:45 am
(@al-olme)

Our room block is now available at the Americas Best Value Inn in Painted Post, NY. Painted Post is contiguous with Corning.

Americas Best Value Inn
196 S Hamilton St
Painted Post, NY 14870
(607) 962-2456

The negotiated rate is $84/night plus tax. If you have trouble getting the rate or with availability ask to talk with Marcy. [But you shouldn't need to]

'See you in Corning!

Posted : February 28, 2017 5:34 am
(@dholaday2)

Reservation made. See all y'all in July Thanks Duncan

Posted : February 28, 2017 5:41 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator

Thanks Al for posting that info. When I gave the reservations lady the dates, she immediately said, "Oh, are you with the sidecar group?" Got the $84 a night rate. Looking forward to a great rally, the area looks like it has some great sidecar roads.

Heard a rumor about something very near and dear to sidecar rally attendees....... ICE CREAM! There is a great little place for ice cream in town, even has a non-dairy frozen dessert.

Am planning to arrive Wednesday, July 26th.

Posted : February 28, 2017 10:07 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi Everyone:
There are 4 lists of information for the National Rally in 4 new threads. These are for other campgrounds and lodging, local and New York points of interest and local eateries. I hope you can open these and make a copy to bring with you or load on other devices to bring with you to the rally. If you can't open them email me and I will send you something that will work. See you at the rally.

Posted : February 28, 2017 10:30 am
(@dirtydr)

I have started a thread in the rally section of Soviet Steeds to get the word out to the Ural crowd.
http://sovietsteeds.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=47438

Posted : March 20, 2017 5:57 am
(@sparechangeter)

Secured our pull thru site. Inviting friends and family to come join the fun. Should be a blast!

Posted : March 27, 2017 1:11 pm
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator

Rally Registration form has now been activated.

Click this link to find rally registration form, view the rally schedule of events, etc.

http://sidecar.com/rally.asp

Tell your friends and buddies where to register.

Posted : March 27, 2017 6:19 pm
(@Tector)

Any idea when we can register for the sidecar skills sessions?

Posted : March 28, 2017 8:51 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator

Sidecar Skills registration will be onsite during the rally, first come-first serve. The number allowed in each session may be restricted depending on weather and the size of area we are allowed to use.

Safety first.

Posted : March 28, 2017 9:05 am
Page 3 / 6