Skip to content
Notifications
Clear all

2017 National Rally

87 Posts
28 Users
0 Likes
(@wvsporty)

This event got me fired up for camping again. We hadn't been camping for 6 years so we got the RV checked out and went for a Halloween weekend near our house. We are planning to come in early and make a week vacation out of it.

Attached files

Posted : November 29, 2016 10:20 am
(@Anonymous)

Has anyone communicated with the proprietors at the Frerenbaugh Campground? I tried to reserve a cabin back in Feb. and again in October and have not gotten a response

Posted : November 29, 2016 11:32 am
(@Anonymous)

I called back in August and got cabin #2. I'm pretty sure all 4 cabins are gone by now. The campground is open seasonally I imagine it's all closed up by now. You might have to try back in the spring

Posted : November 29, 2016 12:45 pm
(@dholaday2)

Anybody have any information on motels near the rally site? Lots of choices in Corning - any deals for Rally-goers?

Thanks

Duncan

Posted : December 20, 2016 12:51 pm
(@Anonymous)

Stay tuned Duncan. Larry Pocobello emailed today to say he is working on it and other pertinent details of the rally. He has made contact with several local motels and is working on special arrangements. More info is coming.

Posted : December 20, 2016 1:04 pm
(@sparechangeter)

Keep trying the camp ground - they haven't returned any of my messages. Corning, New York. Great area for looking around.
Guess the campground won't open for reservations until Spring.

Posted : January 24, 2017 9:29 am
(@sparechangeter)

This will be my first sidecar rally if in NYS even though I've been running a sidecar for years. We'll see...... ?

I have friends who are getting older like myself with a two wheeler and some like my self a three wheeler. I'm encouraging them to consider a sidecar. I believe it's much better than a three wheeler (know several friends with three wheeler accidents).

Being from the Syracuse, NY area this might be something that gets the sidecar concept off the ground here? We really need to promote this in our local clubs etc. (Legion Hall, VFW, church, music festivals)

Maybe some of the local bike shops will add sidecar setups?

Posted : January 24, 2017 9:38 am
(@rogersfr)

Can anyone provide any information about when a registration form for this rally is likely to be available and some information about what the tentative schedule is for the rally? One of the main things I would like to know is how much, if anything, would likely be happening on Sunday, 7/30/17?

Posted : February 18, 2017 5:01 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator

rogersfr, am not speaking on behalf of this year's rally organizers, but traditionally the Rally highlight is Friday and Saturday. Sunday most people are packing up and heading back home.

Posted : February 18, 2017 1:17 pm
 Jim
(@jimdeja)

Where on the campgrounds is the rally headquarters? I'm trying to decide which campsites to reserve. Thanks!

Posted : February 24, 2017 8:54 pm
(@Anonymous)

From what I understand it is the grassy area along the front of the campground next to the trout stream. Are you on the Ferenbaugh website. You can see the map of the campground.

Posted : February 25, 2017 5:21 am
(@wvsporty)

Camp map attached

Attached files

map_campsites.pdf (2 MB) 

Posted : February 25, 2017 5:33 am
 Jim
(@jimdeja)

Yes. I was wondering which campsite to reserve. I may have another fellow coming with us that has never been past St. Louis! He's really excited about going. We'll see what the summer brings. Thanks for the info.

Posted : February 25, 2017 5:35 am
 Jim
(@jimdeja)

Does anyone have the email address of Ferenbaugh Campground? The email link, at least on my computer, wants me to set up a new account through Windows. No thanks.

Posted : February 25, 2017 5:44 am
(@al-olme)

the email addy is...

ferenbaugh@ferenbaugh.com

Posted : February 25, 2017 7:06 am
Page 2 / 6