Notifications
Clear all

2016 USCA Rigs In The Rockies Rally

188 Posts
30 Users
0 Likes
(@dirtydr)
Topic starter

I just wanted to thank everyone who came out to the rally, I hope a good time was had by all and judging by how empty the grounds were during the day it looks like there was a lot of riding and enjoying the country side going on.

It was great seeing all of the regular rally rats and meeting new ones. If I did not spend a lot of time visiting I apologize but they had me running so I will visit next year at the rally where I can watch someone else working.

I wanted to throw a special thank you out to the Colorado CZAR Ural riders for running the games for us and bringing in a rather substantial Ural contingent. Cookie was running registration and doing a marvelous job of keeping up with registrations and trying to run the Information center. Spat, thanks for keeping up with the refreshment table and helping with general traffic indoors and out.

I have already heard from a few people in town and all were grateful for the business and the wonderful show of all the great rigs running around town, biggest question was when are we coming back? There could be an annual regional in the air if there is enough interest but I guess I should finish up clearing the books on this one before I contemplate the next.

A big thanks to all for what I and the town at least considered a successful rally, now get busy posting pictures because I want to see what I missed.

Dana, Rally Master 2016

Posted : July 11, 2016 7:52 am
(@al-olme)

Dana,

Thanks for all your work in putting on the 2016 rally. We all had a good time and enjoyed the great scenery.

While I was there I was asked many times about where the pictures from the 2015 rally could be found. They have been posted at https://uscarally2015.shutterfly.com/ since last year and are still all there and available in full resolution for anyone. That link was posted in the 2015 rally thread on July 31st last year. The first attempt at posting the photos at www.stickybunny.com WILL NOT GET YOU ALL THE PHOTOS, use Shutterfly.

Posted : July 12, 2016 6:11 am
(@Anonymous)

Thanks Al:
I think that was the second question that I was asked and the first question Harold was asked. For what is worth the resolution on those pictures is so good Harold was able to zoom in and read a name tag on Linda George so he could send their Mt Rushmore pic from his pictures from last year.

AND YES!! Thanks Dana for your work on this rally. The venue was as good as we have had in many years. The scenery was fantastic. The only down side was the heat. You couldn't control that.

Posted : July 12, 2016 7:08 am
(@hhshort)

I relate to Dana's comment on not getting to visit. My comment on last years rally was the "I never finished a conversation the whole rally". This year my goal was to just sit and visit. I had time for old friends and made some new friends. The venue was made for that, either sitting in Heritage Hall or under the trees in the park.

Thanks to Dana, Cookie and Spat for making us all feel welcome Harold back in Rapid City

Posted : July 12, 2016 8:14 am
(@Anonymous)

Sure wish Petey and I would have made it all the way. Just found out today my rear cylinder is toast. Good thing we were still only 100 miles from home when things went gunny bags. Close enough for my son to come to the rescue. But still wishin' we were sharing experiences and photos from the rally. What is it that's said about best laid plans?

Posted : July 12, 2016 1:37 pm
 spat
(@spat)

"I never finished a conversation the whole rally"

Harold that was exactly my rally experience this year.

I spoke with everyone but no one very long yet it was still the most fun rally I have been to in a long time.
Thank you all for joining us

Posted : July 12, 2016 2:58 pm
(@dirtydr)
Topic starter

Everyone in town that I have spoken with says that they really enjoyed having everyone here and they cannot wait until we come again. The owner of the Taco Hut said that we were the nicest, most polite and clean group she has ever had come in.

Posted : July 12, 2016 4:22 pm
(@dirtydr)
Topic starter

The last of the stragglers headed out this morning so I just wanted to thank everyone one last time. To all the folks from Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah and Texas who were glad to get away from the heat at home and thought the weather was great here thanks. To the rest I am sorry if it was uncomfortable but three weeks earlier there were still roads on Grand Mesa that were closed by snow along with a lot of the higher passes so it is what it is.

Anyway a big thanks to all and to those waiting on the second printing of shirts I will get them in the mail as soon as I get them.

Dana, ex rally master - has been.

Posted : July 16, 2016 10:50 am
(@rudy)

Stopped here on the way home. I don't know why it's sideways...maybe I need a lean adjustment.

Attached files

Posted : July 17, 2016 12:14 pm
CCjon
(@jan-2)
wpf_Moderator

To Dana and crew, many many thanks for hosting this year's rally. Was a lot of fun.

Put together a little YouTube video of riding to and at the rally.

Here is a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m6l7tOYtWw

The background music is by the husband-wife duo who entertained Saturday night.

CCjon

Posted : July 18, 2016 1:28 pm
(@Anonymous)

Great Job on the video.

Posted : July 18, 2016 1:54 pm
(@Anonymous)

Excellent video!!

Posted : July 18, 2016 2:37 pm
(@tinboatcapt)

Excellent! Thank you. But now I'm more disappointed than ever my tug broke enroute. See you all next year.
Jim

Posted : July 18, 2016 3:05 pm
(@rudy)

Great video CC thanks for posting.

Posted : July 18, 2016 4:03 pm
 spat
(@spat)

Muzzleflash you deserved the kuddos you got for that pretty rig and thanks riding it out to join us.

CCjon, You had to be about the only one I did not talk to or even meet but I felt your presence thru that video thanks for posting

Posted : July 18, 2016 6:56 pm
Page 12 / 13