Notifications
Clear all

2015 Monumental USCA Rally

271 Posts
46 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Hi Folks:
Just so you know - the Elkview is not set up for online registration. If you try, and I tried, you will find you are registering for the BIG Rally in August.
Kathy is taking phone (1-877-478-5162 or 605-478-5162) or email (elkview@rapidnet.com) reservations. Tell Kathy what you camping needs are. They will take your money when you arrive.

Posted : April 2, 2015 3:23 pm
(@johnb1953)

I just sent them an email this afternoon and got a reply tonight. So looks like all is good to go in June. Hope to meet a lot of new people and learn a lot about sidecars. Next week I get to go on vacation to Seattle to visit our son. I will be making a side day trip to DMC sidecars South of Seattle . Can't wait should be a fun trip and a good day talking to Jay.

Posted : April 2, 2015 3:34 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hey Folks:
We now have over 75 pre-registrations. Keep those cards and letters coming. Thanks to those of you have registered.

Posted : April 4, 2015 7:37 am
(@Bobby44)

Hey Will: That is great. Maybe we can out number the Hoot-nanny!

Posted : April 4, 2015 2:01 pm
(@Anonymous)

The rally pre-registration count is now 88. We are now represented in all 4 corners of the country. Border to Border and beyond (Canada) and Coast to Coast.

Posted : April 17, 2015 9:19 am
(@Txart)

Last month, I tried to get a room at near by motels - none were available.. Today I was going to reserve a camping spot but checked motels again -- found room at Ramada Summerset. Except fot the ground being way below my feet, I love camping...... 🙂

Posted : April 22, 2015 5:27 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi Art:
I'm glad you were successful. We have heard good things about that Ramada. Sorry you were skunked on the closer places. We are looking forward to meeting you in June.

Posted : April 22, 2015 8:12 am
(@Txart)

Hey Will

Just registered my son and DIL but they will be 4 wheeling

Posted : April 22, 2015 6:10 pm
(@96flgeez)

96flgeez - 3/13/2015 12:13 AM

We are waiting to hear if our 2011 Black Hills Rally friends will join us and the delivery of our our Sidecar. By the End of the Month. Would be happy to help out. O'DWP

Our 2011 Sturgis friends will not be able to attend, but we are coming.

ETA on 24 JUN at Elkview. Dragging out this time. Murphy and I just have over 100 miles on the Rig now.

Printed our forms. Check and forums in the Mail by the OEW.

Attached files

Posted : April 22, 2015 6:28 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi David:
Murphy me "Mr. Cool" with those sunglasses. I got your check today. Thanks.

FYI for everyone on this forum thread. We have an unofficial count of 100 people preregistered as of today. I say unofficial because there are 3 people for which I haven't gotten money but they have emailed a preregistration form. We are going to have a great rally. See you all in June!!!

Posted : April 27, 2015 1:37 pm
(@aceinsav)
wpf_Moderator

Just confirmed res. for campsite at Elkview for the Rally, now just need to get our Pre Reg. forms sent in.

Posted : April 29, 2015 5:53 am
(@nortonkel-2)

Reservation made at Eklview, Registration and check for rally in the mail. See ya soon.

Posted : April 30, 2015 9:15 am
(@Anonymous)

H All:
With Ace and Jim our preregistrations would be at 106. We are looking forward to a great rally. Harold and I found out Tuesday that the Camaro Rally is the same weekend as our rally as well as a 100 mile run (as in running on feet). We don't have any new info on the cross country scooter rally that is supposed to be in Sturgis that weekend too. That accounts for the motels being full in Sturgis. If you need a cabin or a motel room there are some options within 11miles. In Piedmont, SD there is a Ramada Inn that has been highly recommended by our campground folks. If they are full the next try would be the campgrounds in the area with cabins. The Elkview has no cabins but there are places very close that do have cabins. I just talked to Tanya at No Name City which is across I90 at exit 34. She assured me that she still has cabins. Linens and towels are provided. There is a short walk to the shower house and bathrooms. They also have RV's for rent which would have bathrooms. Check out their website nonamecity.com. I will work on other options. Stay tuned

Posted : April 30, 2015 10:36 am
(@Anonymous)

Two more cabin options:
Katmandu Campground, at exit 34 also, has 17+ cabins. It is a quiet campground - as in no loud parties. The phones 605-347-2451 or 866-776-0758 toll free.
Days End Campground, at exit 30, has 30 cabins. the advertized price for a cabin is $44 for two and $8 for each additional person. The phone 605-347-2331.

Do a search - Sturgis campgrounds and cabins. There are other places with cabins but further away.

Posted : April 30, 2015 12:51 pm
(@aceinsav)
wpf_Moderator

well I finally got off my duff and filled out the registration form and did payment with paypal
Will,, please let me know if you don't get it

Posted : May 5, 2015 8:51 am
Page 11 / 19