Notifications
Clear all

Why I won't be riding soon!!

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@jwshort)
Topic starter

What you see is a convenient place to put the Christmas stuff for now.  While I am at it - have a Happy New Year!

Will Short

Posted : December 30, 2022 10:31 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)

Happy New Year Will,

Your new year resolution: Get a bigger garage?

Posted : December 30, 2022 10:36 am
(@reardan-tom)

Happy New Year Will!! And Jan... And all who ride sidecar outfits. Looks like with luck, I'll be able to put a few more miles on mine than I have for a few years now. 2023 is looking bright. 

Posted : December 30, 2022 12:50 pm
(@smitty901)

Quote from CCjon on December 30, 2022, 3:36 pm

Happy New Year Will,

Your new year resolution: Get a bigger garage?

That don't work. Others just find more stuff to put in it in.

Posted : December 31, 2022 2:38 am
(@darrin)

A bigger garage just means more room to stack junk (don't ask me how I know this) 🙂

Posted : January 16, 2023 5:36 pm
(@peter-pan)

I may second the statement that a bigger garage doesn't do the trick.

As more space you get, as more junk you horde. My shop used to be tidy when we were 5 working in it.... over the years we reduced down to "me". More and more stuff and "projects for later" collected. Until in my absence my son filled 4 truck loads of "according to him junk".... I better do not mention how much stuff was even brand new spares or never retrieved jobs from long lost customers. Anyway, when I came back, that was a huge stone that dropped from my chest.

A shop/garage is just as a house.... you make it bigger to satisfy the wife's demand for more space for the kids and when they leave the house those rooms start to pile up whatever you will not need ever again. 

Once the legal minimum  storage time for my closed business will be finished I will make a HUGE bonfire again. Perhaps that unloads conscience again. And gives me space for bike spares and tools 😉  😉  😉

Sven

Posted : January 19, 2023 5:24 am