Notifications
Clear all

Where The Road Ends

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@matt-downs-2)
Topic starter

This was well worth my time to watch. I enjoyed it. They started their trip in the top of Alaska in November and rode south on adventure rigs. 

https://youtu.be/BIxm-A-2oyQ

Posted : October 15, 2022 4:09 am
(@michael-ladue)

As someone that HAS been through the Darien Gap, with a motorcycle, it was extremely unlikely that these KLR w/sidecar riders were going to get THROUGH the Darien Gap with sidecar rigs. Many of us knew about this attempted ride, before it even started, and the results were as predicted. 

One does not RIDE a motorcycle through the Darien Gap. It is a long process, involving establishing connections with natives that live and work in the Gap, finding a small group of natives that you can trust, and will see you through all the way. It is a matter of using boats, canoes, lots of ropes, and a lot of grit and determination.

I went through in 2004 on a 2003 Honda Africa Twin 750 (Euro edition), and it was an experience, that I don't need to repeat, but one that will stick with me for as long as my memory continues to work.

And the ride from Prudhoe Bay, AK to Tierra del Fuego, or Ushuaia, Argentina, starting in Alaska in the Winter, is not a new concept.                                       It has been tried, and completed by others in the past.

Posted : October 15, 2022 6:44 pm
(@matt-downs-2)
Topic starter

I've heard of that ride before, but I thought it was pretty well presented in the film. It seems more like a human interest story than a motorcycle flick. 

Posted : October 15, 2022 8:45 pm
 MGV8
(@mgv8)

I enjoyed it but was surprised when they didn't have repair parts for the bikes when the clutches went out. Still an awesome endeavour 

Posted : October 19, 2022 5:10 pm