5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@IronChefLove)
Topic starter

Looking for a R1150 RT subframe. 

Posted : December 28, 2023 1:24 pm
(@ned)

I would expect that Texas Sidecars would have the ability to knock one out for you using some of the patterns it acquired from DMC.  Thinking about my DMC subframes, one for an 1100GS and one for an 1150GS, they both simply bolted to parts of the engine and transmission.  Not very complicated, and were sturdy enough for offroad use.

Freedom Sidecars used to make a fairly elaborate subframe if you wanted something to survive an alien invasion.  Here's a pic ---->

Also, here are pics of my DMC R1100GS subframe.  Really just two major attachment points.  Not sure if these are helpful or not.

Have owned 5 rigs but Rig #2 is my current one!

Posted : December 29, 2023 9:48 am
(@IronChefLove)
Topic starter

I've got "extra parts" that DMC sent when I was did a 1150GSA build.  DMC had sent the wrong oilhead subframe.  Had them resend right parts.  Some of those parts were welded upside down... So I can piece together the bottom front & rear subframe and fab the rear upper easy.  But it's the front upper that I'm having trouble figuring out.  I seen RoanokeRider has a pic of a DMC RT subframe but for the life of me I can't see where they used for mounting braces for the front upper mount.  I found one spot on the frame "neck" that the dash support mounts to that would give good lateral support.  

Posted : January 2, 2024 8:38 am
(@ned)

Well, technically, the front upper is not a part of the subframe.  It's a separate mount.

Anyway . . . does this help?

Looks kinda like the same part in your picture there.

Have owned 5 rigs but Rig #2 is my current one!

Posted : January 2, 2024 2:29 pm
(@IronChefLove)
Topic starter

My pic was taken from RoanokeRider sale page for his DMC 1150RT subframe. OMG.... Thank you... yeah they look to be the same DMC.  I can't believe they used a M6 GB case bolt for that lower support.  I was thinking they tied it into the lower mount bolt.  Much easier that way.

Posted : January 2, 2024 8:54 pm