Notifications
Clear all

Northwest Sidecar Pilots

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@mwnelson)
Topic starter

I am putting together a breakfast meet & greet and possibly a great ride down Hood Canal for Saturday, October 7th.  Looks like the weather will be perfect (75 degrees "forecast).  We can meet up at 10:00am at the "Floatation Device restaurant" in Purdy, just north of Gig Harbor off Hwy 16 west of Tacoma over the Narrows bridge.

Great opportunity to meet other sidecarists in the area and perhaps rejuvenate the "Northwest Sidecar Pilots".

Let me know if you plan to attend so I can let the restaurant know.

Mark Nelson, USCA member from Lakebay, WA

253-219-3310 or Barbormark1@hughes.net

Posted : September 30, 2023 6:05 am
(@mwnelson)
Topic starter

Planning a sidecar "meet & greet" for Saturday, March 16th at the "Rusty Tractor" restaurant in Elma Wa. for lunch at 1:00pm.  If you plan on attending please text or email Mark Nelson at 253-219-3310, barbormark1@hughes.net

Hopefully we can revive some interest in Northwest Sidecar Pilots group.

Posted : March 12, 2024 9:48 am
(@miles-ladue)

Wanted to Thank Mark Nelson for hosting this small gathering of sidecarists in thee Great Pacific Northwest. 

Whilst the attendance was rather small, and by my count we had 5 people on 4 different sidecars, so....my math may be a bit fuzzy...but 5 x 4 divided by Pi = 6.3662031

Ergo, and therefore we can conclude that we can account for 6.3662031 in attendance.

As in mileage, and use of difference engine oils...your math may vary.

Two Million Mile Rider...All 7 Continents
Exploring the World in Comfort

Posted : March 18, 2024 4:41 am
(@kevin-huddy)

Geez, no one mentioned there would be Pi.  I like Pi.

Posted : March 19, 2024 1:52 am
(@miles-ladue)

Kevin, whilst the others in attendance ate "what we shall call "normal" foods" during this gathering, I amused myself with a dish of Apple cobbler a la mode, AND a dish of Marionberry cobbler...non-a la mode.

Some of us are just extreme devotees of Pi Day. And should be celebrated from the exact Pi Day, March 14th, through to, but not including St. Patricks' Day, March 17th, so that one does not suffer the wrath.......the wrath I say......of the Ides of March, the day that Julius Caesar was assassinated..on March 15th.

Doesn't help the matter if ones' birthday is also March 15th, as is always the case for me, but one must be aware, and beware....of those Ides of March.

Two Million Mile Rider...All 7 Continents
Exploring the World in Comfort

Posted : March 19, 2024 5:02 am